• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Noroxas

Hi everyone I've recently started a new character. I plan on going with a destro/ conjuration/ resto build and I was wondering would I benefit more putting points in alchemy or enchanting. Thank for the input,
Noroxas

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
If you are going with Destruction and Restoration as part of your build, you may as well just forget about Alchemy. Are you planning on putting Alteration into the mix as well?

Tiger_Wolff

Destruction spells with fortify destruction gear on is good. Can make very nice jewelry with, enchanting and alchemy.

And what ever you don't wear from enchanting, sell for coin.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Do you play straight "by the book" without PC console commands or exploits? If so, I'd go with enchanting. Otherwise, Alchemy rules all with it's Restoration Potion Glitch.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I can't help myself to stay away from Alchemy, I just have this urge to pick every plant I come across, had the same problem in Oblivion.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
Enchanting. My destruction spells cost nothing to cast now :)

Noroxas

Hello everyone thanks for all of the input. I'm going to take your advice and put some points in mage armor and a few other alteration perks as well as stick with enchanting. @ Drunkenmage I do the same thing even on my characters without alchemy I can't help but pick up herbs >.<

Roentgen

I've picked up so many shrooms and flowers in the game that I've got to remind myself in real life not to pick the neighbors flowers. And I find the weeds on the side of the road catch my eye while driving down the road. :eek:

I am on the PS3 so I can't use mods and such. I focused on getting coin, smithing, enchanting and speech. You need them all to dominate. If your constantly smithing enchanting and selling they all go up to 100 fast.
Alchemy? I quick grab here and there and buy Daedric hearts but most of mine comes from loot and personal sweep jobs. I am going to max the string of heavy armour perck that makes heavy armor "weigh Nothing and not slow you down" and then I will be heavier on destruction. (I have pick a destruction perk or two)

You need max alchemy to max out enchanting. (The trick were you use potions to create a full set of alchemy gear, then create stronger enchantment potions and create better alchemy gear, repeat.)

Noroxas

hey guys I just wanted to update everyone. When I originally wrote this thread my mage toon was round level 5. I've got him up to 18 and I gotta say I'm really loving this build. Right now I'm 50 destruction, 73 cunjuration, 39 resto and 42 enchanting. Killing enemies on master is a breeze with this guy. I simply throw down my storm atronach, throw out an ocasional lightning bolt ( lightning rune if there are mutiple mobs), and every now and then a healing spell. I have to admit when I was making this guy I was a bit worried I wouldn't have enough defense since I wasn't going to be wearing armor or put any points in alteration, but I rarely, rarely ever die. I strongly recommend trying this build.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts