Ahzidal Enchanting Buff Glitch? (POSSIBLE DRAGONBORN SPOILERS)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So a while back I decided in my slight boredom to create the ultimate archer. I would go about doing so by using the alchemy-enchanting loop at MAXIMUM POSSIBLE POTENTIAL while not exploiting the game through means of fortify restoration or falmer helmet glitch etc... So one thing leads to another and I get Ahzidal's armor set for +10 enchanting granted by the boots when wearing four pieces of his armor. After obtaining everything else I need for the loop (Grand soul gems, various armor pieces, necromage+vampire, seeker of sorcery, etc...), I performed the loop and got my bow. One day, for a reason that escapes me, I donned Ahzidal's armor set, to see a +12 boost. I know its not much but now I have to re-do the entire process due to my OCD regarding the perfection of this build! Does anyone know why the jump happened and has it happened to anyone else? Could it be due to the necromage+vampire boost of enchantments? Thanks!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The necromage perk is glitched but your post indicated you already knew that. Even though it's only supposed to increase harmful effects on the undead (i.e. Restoration spells that affect the Undead) it also increases beneficial ones on the character by 25% so if you mean your enchanting bonus has gone up from 10 to 12 then it's the perk. If you mean it went up by 12 points to 22 then I have no idea why that's happening. If you had no issue using the exploit to craft your gear you really shouldn't have any issue with it's effect on the boots though.

That's just it. I believe it to be the Necromage enhancer too, but unless the game rounds down (which it may, I am not sure), then the math fails to add up, Seeing as 10x.25=2.5 and 10+2.5=12.5-13.

Dagmar

I don't have Dragonborn so I can't look at the Fortify Enchanting enchantment on the boots but notwithstanding that it gives 10 points, the base magnitude may actually be 8 (all the generic Fortify Skill enchantments have a base magnitude of 8).

You may very well be absolutely right, however, there is no fortify enchanting enchant to base the magnitude of the boost off of with Ahzidal being the sole armor set with fortify enchanting. Very possibly buggy, but once again, hard to be sure.

Dagmar

Yes there is. If it exists in the game it exists in the game data and all enchantments can be found with the Creation Kit. If you have the game data files for Dragonborn you can find the unique enchantment through the Creation Kit and see its base magnitude.

Ah, so I see. I wouldn't know about such things, being on the Xbox. Still, I feel a bit inept for not noting the code-revealing abilities the creation kit grants...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts