• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cerberus65

Ancient One
Eve all, just joined these forums because I have a keen interest in role playing properly for my next playthrough on Skyrim. Pumped over 300+ hours into Skyrim and have to say it is one of the most immersive RPG's I've ever played. I'll be looking into writing an in depth back story for my character as I find the lore behind the Elder Scrolls fascinating, and can't help constantly referring back to vampire fiction when working into my playthroughs, (last two playthroughs were vampires, starting as fledglings and finally being brought into vampire lord bloodline). The likes of Anne Rices Vampire Chronicles and Bram Stoker's Dracula are systematic within my influences.

I shall no doubt be around the general discussions and role playing forums, but feel free to drop us a message sometime.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums, Cerberus. ^__^

The RP section here is quite alive and well, filled with many willing to help you on character building, back-story writing, and just about anything else you could hope to learn about the Elder Scrolls, and Skyrim in particular.

I came by because I was constantly pausing the game to research one thing or another, and this site came up more often than any other. Eventually I decided it was in my best interest to just sign up and dive in instead of watching from the outside. I've never regretted that choice, and I hope you never have cause to, either.

Welcome again, and if you have any questions, especially about writing, feel free to ask away. :D

Cerberus65

Ancient One
Yeah, I did some digging online and it did seem that this site had the most traffic in forms of role playing, I think I'll be rather content here. I spent a good portion of my spare time on the UESP wiki, looking up on the lore of the series.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Cordelia.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
You bet, Cerberus.

I spent a lot of time researching lore as well. I'm a lore fiend. If anything has an extended history, I gobble it up and ask for more. It's interesting to see the areas Bethesda has yet to fill in, lore-wise, because you really get a sense of how "alive" the world is from a creation standpoint.

Cerberus65

Ancient One
It definitely makes for a more enriching experience, especially for a series as rich in context as the Elder Scrolls. I'm hoping that the Elder Scrolls online will take paticular heed to this, seeing as it covers the entire continent. Here's hoping that Bethesda favor role playing over the typical MMO blueprint, but from what I've read (Although it does look promising) I fear it will be nothing more than a WOW clone.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
WoW did a lot to establish a very fluid format that managed to facilitate a lot of gaming styles. It's natural to work off their template when building other MMO's. Where we are now is this limbo where no one wants to "reinvent the wheel", and honestly shouldn't have to, but by not reinventing something, they end up looking no better than clones with custom content. Someone will come along and break the mold again, but we might be waiting a while longer for that day.