Spoiler After finishing the main quest, did anyone else feel...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OriginOfAbsolution

The very model of a scientist Salarian
Hello, all. Just an innocent n00b here posting a thread on a topic that's already probably been discussed :p

Anyway, I finally finished the main quest last night, and now I feel like... "weird" continuing. I don't even know how to explain it. I don't play many video games, and this is my first time playing an "open ended" game where you can keep playing after the main quest is over.

Even though I still have a lot of sidequests and such left to complete, there's this weird sense of "finality" or something now that the original conflict/danger/whole background of the game has been resolved and is no longer a looming threat (yes, I know that there are still dragons out there, but something about having defeated Alduin makes it feel like it's "over").

I mean, I spent a good 80%+ of my playtime doing sidequests (took me over 150 hours of playtime between two characters to finally have one of them end the story) but I guess as somehow who, like I said, has always played video games that have a definitive ending, it's weird being able to continue. I wish I had held-off on finishing the main quest until I felt ready to be "done" with my character and start a new one. (Or until an expansion came out ;))

I know that this is very silly and ramble-y and very pointless, but I felt compelled to share my feelings in the hopes that someone else would understand hahahaha.

I just want the first big expansion to come out so that I can feel like the game has a main storyline again :p Maybe I'm just weird and need structure.

Niflheimr

This is why I usually leave the main story quests to the end. I only play the main story till I learn the full Fus Ro Dah and then stop playing main quest.

kid cutrr

i feel the same way. i do not wish to play the main quest at all cuz i feel as if there will be no reason to continue to play.. two characters and neither one is yet to get the horn of jurgen windcaller :p

Legend

Makes sense, Im playing like 20 side quests for each main quest that I do. I dont care if it takes me a year, I will finish as much side quests as I can before I finish the main one.