• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I havn't even gotten Fus Ro Dah. Is It bad of me to not be bothered to go see the Greybeards. They just seem so.. Far away.

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
On a few of my characters I still haven't even done the Bleak Falls Barrow quest, there's plenty of stuff to do before you feel the need to visit the Greybeards. I'm sure that others are the same way.

Yeah, there's just so much to do that it is hard to actually do anything extremely productive sometimes! Haha, I actually have to really dedicate myself to finishing quests or they never get done! One thing I can say though is that if you plan on doing the main quest line, you shouldn't wait until you get into the higher levels, or you will be at risk of being really over-powered for the quests. Then it wont really be too much fun! :p

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
I've just started a new dunmer, and plan on finishing the entire college of winterhold and civil war story before i go to bleak falls. Procrastinate away!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Whenever I do the main quests, there's always a few places where I take breaks from it, parts in the story when things aren't too dire and don't seem to demand immediate attention. "Dragon Rising" isn't one of those quests and though I know the dragon will be waiting for me at the tower whenever I choose to get there, I choose to view that quest as something that has to be done immediately so as to not break immersion. However, the Graybeards' summons is something that can be answered a very long time down the line with no imagined consequences. I always spend a lot of time doing other stuff before making it to Ivarstead.

Whenever I do the main quests, there's always a few places where I take breaks from it, parts in the story when things aren't too dire and don't seem to demand immediate attention. "Dragon Rising" isn't one of those quests and though I know the dragon will be waiting for me at the tower whenever I choose to get there, I choose to view that quest as something that has to be done immediately so as to not break immersion. However, the Graybeards' summons is something that can be answered a very long time down the line with no imagined consequences. I always spend a lot of time doing other stuff before making it to Ivarstead.
Then when you get there the Greybeards are standing by the door tapping their feet on the ground and staring at thier watches, "Now where the f*** have you been? We summoned you 6 months ago!!!" LOL :eek:

Neriad13

Premium Member
Then when you get there the Greybeards are standing by the door tapping their feet on the ground and staring at thier watches, "Now where the f*** have you been? We summoned you 6 months ago!!!" LOL :eek:

At which point I reply "Hey! Is that any way to greet a dovahkiin?", use frost form on all of them and go sprinting back down the mountain.

Adam Warlock

I`m at level 75 and just starting Act II of the main quest. I didn`t kill my 1st dragon until level 42. I don`t mind being overpowered now because I had a lifetime`s worth of dying in the early game. I will admit that I`ve never played an Elder Scrolls game before and as an Xbox newbie that I`m terrible with the controller.
I agree with the majority . Go out and explore your new world .
btw you can complete many of the shouts without the greybeard`s help by finding word walls on your own

Leigull

Am up to 70 hours on my second game and haven't gone out to the watch tower to meet the first dragon. Have run past and see the fires, but not gone near it :)

Have still picked up the words for shouts from walls when I've come across them, so there's no real immediate need to progress that story line. Although Neriad13 makes a good point about fighting the dragon being an urgent sort of quest if you want to be fully immersed in the story line.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I've just started a new dunmer, and plan on finishing the entire college of winterhold and civil war story before i go to bleak falls. Procrastinate away!

Pretty sure you'll have to finish Dragon Rising before Balgruuf will let you complete the civil war, for either side (I tried to avoid this by bypassing Riverwood and Whiterun entirely, but that didn't work - it may be possible if you can somehow avoid triggering "Before the Storm" entirely, but I don't know if that can be done.)

Neriad13

Premium Member
Pretty sure you'll have to finish Dragon Rising before Balgruuf will let you complete the civil war, for either side (I tried to avoid this by bypassing Riverwood and Whiterun entirely, but that didn't work - it may be possible if you can somehow avoid triggering "Before the Storm" entirely, but I don't know if that can be done.)

Maybe it's possible if you just don't visit Gerdur or Alvor after leaving Helgen?

Ironlung888

I havn't even gotten Fus Ro Dah. Is It bad of me to not be bothered to go see the Greybeards. They just seem so.. Far away.

We are in the same situation. I started a new character, I made it to Ivarstead, but have yet to make the 7000 step journey to High Hrothgar. There is so much to do I lack the motivation to do the things I need to and have been spending my time doing thing I want to.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Maybe it's possible if you just don't visit Gerdur or Alvor after leaving Helgen?

On the Stormcloak side, you get stuck when trying to deliver Ulfric's axe to Balgruuf. He gives you dialogue something like "Ulfric will have to wait, I have dragons to deal with!"... you're unable to continue the Stormcloak questline at this point. I don't know about going the Imperial route.

Neriad13

Premium Member
On the Stormcloak side, you get stuck when trying to deliver Ulfric's axe to Balgruuf. He gives you dialogue something like "Ulfric will have to wait, I have dragons to deal with!"... you're unable to continue the Stormcloak questline at this point. I don't know about going the Imperial route.

Haha, that's pretty funny actually.

Yeah, I always feel guilty if I don't tackle a quest right away.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
I saved learning Unrelenting Force until I needed it for most of my characters, it's no big deal.

Golgo_SPB

you can play however you like, I usually play thru without unlocking the dragons... it gets annoying fighting them.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
you can play however you like, I usually play thru without unlocking the dragons... it gets annoying fighting them.

I tried it that way with my current character but by the time I hit Level 40 it was getting boring so I just tackled the main quest & now I'm at the Peace Conference at High Hrothgar .

Epsilon

Shaun
Yea im about to make my alt tonight and its funny this thread was up because i was thinking to myself i really didnt want to get involved with all that this time.On my main im at the Elder Knowledge quest and havnt had any motivation to finish it up yet, so with my alt ill keep the greybeards waiting a long ass time and just go around doing whatever lol. Glad to see plenty of others do the same :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts