• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Which item did you pick, it was so hard for me to chose

The crown - lets you have two standing stone blessings
The shield - makes enemies turn ethereal for 15 secs
The staff - summons a spider or sphere for 60 seconds

I finally picked the shield because i will make a better wall decoration, i was gonna pick the crown but i really dont wanna wear it and i dont need a second standing stone blessing, the staff wasnt appealing at all to me.

Verac

Which item did you pick, it was so hard for me to chose

The crown - lets you have two standing stone blessings
The shield - makes enemies turn ethereal for 15 secs
The staff - summons a spider or sphere for 60 seconds

I finally picked the shield because i will make a better wall decoration, i was gonna pick the crown but i really dont wanna wear it and i dont need a second standing stone blessing, the staff wasnt appealing at all to me.

this quest chain was probably the biggest kick in the nads ive ever seen, it was very long and drawn out just for 3 items that really arnt that good and just got barely reskined, the shield is cool looking but the effect is useless when i bash a foe, that gives me a chance to unleash some attacks without being attacked back. i dont want him/her to become ethereal so that i cant atttack them! the crown is ok, its really the only good mage item in all of the DLC. and the staff is nice though the model was half ass. just looks like a spider control rod reskinned though i do like that it summons spheres but ive yet to get one to come out.......that quest was a huge let down.

Adam Warlock

Do you know if you can wear the crown with Falmer or Pentius Oculatus helmets ?

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
No idea if you can stack the crown, but I think the option to have a second standing stone is the best of those three. Personally I actually quite enjoyed the quest, but agree that there should have been better, or at least more, things to choose to forge.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
is there amywhere to find more aetherium

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
I highly doubt it. I think the point was that you had to make a choice, and wouldn't be able to forge all three or forge items for profit. Not 100% on that though.

AzWicker

The Crown for me was by and far the best choice, selecting the Mage and then the lover to get the 35% increase helped me power level my magic up which I had rarely used. The Falmer helet can be used with the crown. And there is no more aetherium, once you chose, it is done. I also like to use the Steed Stone combined with the lord stone (as a vampire) or the lady stone. I enjoyed the crown, it helped me use some perks on other items.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
The Crown for me was by and far the best choice, selecting the Mage and then the lover to get the 35% increase helped me power level my magic up which I had rarely used. The Falmer helet can be used with the crown. And there is no more aetherium, once you chose, it is done. I also like to use the Steed Stone combined with the lord stone (as a vampire) or the lady stone. I enjoyed the crown, it helped me use some perks on other items.
i think the crown will be the best choice fore when it comes out for computer and i can put that enchantment on other items, because i care to much about how my character looks to use the crown

Generally Crappy

Member in Good Standing of House Redoran
The staff and shield are pretty useless, I was really hoping to use the shield on my Nord, it looks cool. But for my Dark Elf, the Crown is awesome. Lord + Atronach = Invincible to magic.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Is it just me or does the shields effect not even work most of the time.

Generally Crappy

Member in Good Standing of House Redoran
I think I have discovered why the shield won't work. If you have, say, a sword and the shield equipped, you can change to a bow and arrow, and when you switch back to just the sword, it will also equip the shield. However, the Aetherial Shield doesn't seem to work when this happens, and you have to un-equip/re-equip the shield for it to work. I'm not sure if it's just this shield, or others, but I'm guessing it's just this shield, because of it's unique enchantment. Auriel's shield works perfectly fine when you do this.

Adam Warlock

I chose the Crown because of the way you can add a unique power unavailable anywhere else while also having a constant effect Stone Blessing in place.
My default Blessing is the Steed Stone for the extra carry weight and unhindered movement in Heavy armor.
But once a day , I can slap on the Crown , use the Ritual Stone , and raise all the nearby dead bodies from chickens to Giants to fight for me !

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The Shield's effect is a touch impractical. Turning your enemies intangible (and thus immune to damage) just when they're staggered from your bash and open to some real hurt.

The Staff is nothing special. There's a thousand staffs that summon powerful creatures to fight for you. Though I've heard you can use the staff as a source of cheap-free-infinite dwemer metal scraps.

The Crown is totally unique. It's pretty much the obvious choice, especially if you're a mage and haven't been wearing armor on your helm anyhow. Even if you don't intend to -always- wear it, it stores the second blessing and applies it whenever you equip the crown!

"Gosh, this stuff is heavy!"
*Steed Stone Applied!*
That's better!

Sarcron

I picked the crown, it seemed like the obvious choice. There's nothing that special about the staff, I mean, even basic conjured creatures are almost as good, and plus there's other staffs you can easily get that summon more powerful creatures. I don't see the point of the shield. Why would I want to make my enemy invincible while making myself immune to their damage? It's not like you can't just open up your inventory and use a potion to heal or something.

With the crown I stacked up to get a cool 35% xp bonus while training, and after I hit 81, I made the lord stone my standard stone and the ritual stone in the crown. If you unequip and re-equip the crown, you can use the ritual stone affect again, so you can pretty much raise an entire army to fight with you. But that's just my personal preference, and really you can roll with any two stone combinations you want. Quest was fun but the reward may as well have just been the crown, because the other two options are just awful by comparison.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts