• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KobuZero

Sneaky Archer
Hi everyone,

I just finished the main quest of Skyrim and I noticed something that I thought was worth mentioning and was hoping someone could shed some light on this theory of mine.

When you speak with Aela and ask her about her past she mentions that her mother did not live long enough to see her join the Companions. However when you go to Sovngarde you meet a woman named Gormlaith Golden-Hilt. Who is the only other character in Skyrim that I have seen so far who has the same war paint as Aela. So I was wondering if it was possible that she could be Aela's mother.

What are your thoughts on this theory?

Another note on this theory is that Mjoll the Lioness could also be a possible relative of Aela since when travelling with her, one of her stories is that her father wanted her to be a hunter. Aela mentions during her own backstory that she stayed in the woods with her father and learned to hunt. It is only a possibility of course and probably very far fetched since there are lots of hunters in Skyrim, but it's just a theory.

Moris

Not Aela's mother unless Aela is very old - like thousands of years old. Gormlaith was one of the ancient Nords who first fought against Alduin.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Aela's mother was a sabre cat.

Ritterkreuz

Not Aela's mother unless Aela is very old - like thousands of years old. Gormlaith was one of the ancient Nords who first fought against Alduin.

Aela is the only NPC in the game I can think of whose default armor is the Ancient Nord Armor.

Also, being a werewolf, she could indeed be very ancient.

Ritterkreuz

Ok, I've never really delved into Werewolf/Vampire literature or anything, so I really had no idea.