• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
does any one know aelas second name rp reasons

AS88

Staff member
Nords in Skyrim often don't have surnames. If they do have something similar, it's often a clan name for example Battle-Born, Shatter-Shield, etc.

The Huntress is as close as you'll get I think, unless one of her parents belonged to a clan or something.

As far as I know, anyway. :)

Also, have a look at the UESP Lore pages, that's my source. Janus3003 has got me paranoid about using citations :p

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

cool thanks mate so ill just make a char with no second name but stick to the lore

AS88

Staff member
cool thanks mate so ill just make a char with no second name but stick to the lore

Unless, you already have a backstory in mind, with a title or clan name coming from that.

im making a female hunter that is related to aela and wanted a second name maybe

mite just make a khajiit called fus'rodah

AS88

Staff member
im making a female hunter that is related to aela and wanted a second name maybe

You don't need to have a second name, to be honest. Think of Farkas and Vilkas. If she looks kind of similar, and you RP it properly, you should be fine :)

cool il mail u a pic once done

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Her last bit the Huntress is just a title, many Nords have titles, they can change over the course of their life. Here are some already used through out TES games.

the Bold, Farseer, Halfhand, Highlander, Tallowhand, the Bloody, the Braggart, the Candle, the Clerk, the Craven, the Crow, the Dreamer, the Easterner, the Fair, the Flayer, the Gentle, the Halt, the Harrier, the Lean, the Long, the Mumbling, the Outlaw, the Peacock, the Quiet, the Rascal, the Raven, the Roarer, the Seal, the Smith, the Stone, the Stout, the Strange, the Strong, the Sweltering, the Unending, the Unworthy, the White, the Wild, Whitebeard,
Hollowleg, Maulhand, of the Isles, the Burly, the Buxom, the Cautious, the Contemptible, the Cook, the Curse-Bringer, the Fair, the Harrier, the Laggard, the Naughty, the Northerner, the Outcast, the Pickled, the Portly, the Rotted, the Seal, the Sufficient, the Tall, the Ugly, the Unrestful, the Unwavering, the Wanderer, the Wide, the World-Weary, the Worm, the Younger, Bearclaw, Blackthorn, Bloodmouth, Ebonhand, Farseer, Firebeard, Halfhand, Ironhand, Ironkettle, of Stuhn, Ravencrone, Rockbreaker, Six Fingers, Stonearm, Stormcloak, the Blind, the Builder, the Bulwark, the Deaf, the Fair, the Fearless, the Fearsome, the Feeble, the Fleet, the Greater, the Haggard, the Huntress, the Intrepid, the Innocent, the Kind, the Lioness, the Man, the Nightingale, the Nose, the Old, the Singer, the Slayer, the Steady, the Sword-Maiden, the Tongue, the Unbroken, the Unending, the Unliving, the Unlucky, the Unseen, the Unworthy, the Wanderer, the Warlock, the Wicked, the Willful, Thrallmaster, Trollsbane, Whitemane, Windcaller, Windrime, Woodcutter

For most Nord names I tend to look here for inspiration. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

AS88

Staff member
Nords in Skyrim often don't have surnames. If they do have something similar, it's often a clan name for example Battle-Born, Shatter-Shield, etc.

The Huntress is as close as you'll get I think, unless one of her parents belonged to a clan or something.

As far as I know, anyway. :)

Also, have a look at the UESP Lore pages, that's my source. Janus3003 has got me paranoid about using citations :p

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Her last bit the Huntress is just a title, many Nords have titles, they can change over the course of their life. Here are some already used through out TES games.

the Bold, Farseer, Halfhand, Highlander, Tallowhand, the Bloody, the Braggart, the Candle, the Clerk, the Craven, the Crow, the Dreamer, the Easterner, the Fair, the Flayer, the Gentle, the Halt, the Harrier, the Lean, the Long, the Mumbling, the Outlaw, the Peacock, the Quiet, the Rascal, the Raven, the Roarer, the Seal, the Smith, the Stone, the Stout, the Strange, the Strong, the Sweltering, the Unending, the Unworthy, the White, the Wild, Whitebeard,
Hollowleg, Maulhand, of the Isles, the Burly, the Buxom, the Cautious, the Contemptible, the Cook, the Curse-Bringer, the Fair, the Harrier, the Laggard, the Naughty, the Northerner, the Outcast, the Pickled, the Portly, the Rotted, the Seal, the Sufficient, the Tall, the Ugly, the Unrestful, the Unwavering, the Wanderer, the Wide, the World-Weary, the Worm, the Younger, Bearclaw, Blackthorn, Bloodmouth, Ebonhand, Farseer, Firebeard, Halfhand, Ironhand, Ironkettle, of Stuhn, Ravencrone, Rockbreaker, Six Fingers, Stonearm, Stormcloak, the Blind, the Builder, the Bulwark, the Deaf, the Fair, the Fearless, the Fearsome, the Feeble, the Fleet, the Greater, the Haggard, the Huntress, the Intrepid, the Innocent, the Kind, the Lioness, the Man, the Nightingale, the Nose, the Old, the Singer, the Slayer, the Steady, the Sword-Maiden, the Tongue, the Unbroken, the Unending, the Unliving, the Unlucky, the Unseen, the Unworthy, the Wanderer, the Warlock, the Wicked, the Willful, Thrallmaster, Trollsbane, Whitemane, Windcaller, Windrime, Woodcutter

For most Nord names I tend to look here for inspiration. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

:p

do you fellas no any other words for hunter/huntres i like trollsbane but i want one thats to animals in general

AS88

Staff member
Well, you could have a scout through the names listed on the link that I (and DrunkenMage) sent you.

There's a few that you might like, Wolf-Runner, War-Bear, etc. The best ones would be something you'd think of to fit your character, though. For example, if she's an archer, you could go with something like these (the first names are all from the list for females I linked you)

Risi the Steady Hand
Olava the Bow Maiden
Tilde Wolf-Blood
Hroki Black-Quiver
Inge Quick-Fingers
Nilsine Bearsbane
Jora the Sabre
Fjola Trollslayer

You get the idea :)

AS88

Staff member

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
do you fellas no any other words for hunter/huntres i like trollsbane but i want one thats to animals in general

the Trapper is one i've used on a hunter.

Iveri Sarothil

Just made my Nord character - Narya the Frost Witch. Spellsword who specializes in frost-type spells. Never noticed Nords really having set surnames, really.

And I sound like I just described a pokemon up there. :|

Benthos

Proud Mer
Huntress isn't a clan name but a title, there are many folk throughout Skyrim who are given titles after their name. Such as the Jarl of Whiterun; Bulgruuf the Greater and then there's one of the fellow mages Savos Aren went expediting Labyrinthian during The Staff of Magnus quest, such and such the Strong, the Liar, etc.