• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DRTBAG

What types of bows will Aela use? I gave her an enchanted glass bow(epic) & she busted out a frigging long bow!?!? So....I took that,then she started using her hunting bow. Please help & as alwayz....thnx

Like other followers that start with a bow, she may illogically prefer her hidden starting Hunting Bow over an improved version you might have given her. Another fix is that after the completion of the Companions main quest line when she becomes a follower, ask her to follow you and already have a better bow to give her; ask her to follow then immediately give her the better bow. From that moment on she should equip the bow you gave her rather than her standard bow.

Source: Skyrim:Aela the Huntress - UESPWiki
look in the bugs section

DRTBAG

OK. Thnx. Is there a site(Manuel here)that tells me what enchantments work on followers?? I've read & experienced so many conflicting stories.

I'm not sure I understand? Do you mean enchantments on the weapons you give your follower? I think you can give a follower a weapon with any kind of enchantment.

DRTBAG

Sorry....ill explain further. I've read that followers won't benefit from:skill enchantments,as well as not being able to raise their magika, stamina, or health. On the other hand for example I just read that Nadja Stonearm is kinda weak(for a fighter)& to enchant her with health equipment. So....whats the truth, when even wiki conflicts with other things I've read??

Followers only recieve enchantments from the following affects on armor and apparel:

-Fortify Health
-Fortify Health Regeneration (Only works when out of combat)
-Fortify Heavy Armour
-Fortify Light Armour
-Fortify Magicka
-Fortify Stamina
-Fortify Unarmed Damage
-Muffle
-Resist Fire
-Resist Frost
-Resist Magic
-Resist Poison
-Resist Shock
-Waterbreathing (Followers don't drown in general, but this will stop them from surfacing for air)

All other enchantments do not affect followers, even if it should. So Fortify (Combat Skill) Skill will not work nor Fortify (Magic Skill) Skill. However, there are reports that this does work on some followers, but very few.

There are also reports that damage enchants on bows do work for followers on the DLC Dawnguard. Some report it only works for them with DLC loaded bows/crossbows, although others have reported it with vanilla version bows as well.

So there is a lot debate on which enchantment work, but the ones in the first list definitely work.

Source: Skyrim:Followers - UESPWiki
see Follower Equipment

DRTBAG

Thnx very,very much man:D Like I said, conflicting reports, but now I have a list ill keep! On the bow issue. I didn't give her 1 right away cuz I wanted her to regurgitate ebony arrows for a while(there're hard to find &expensive) . I tryed giving her a elven enchanted bow & she used it like once then in one battle I noticed she was using her hunting bow:mad: I also notice some followers have " tastes ". Like Lydia likes 1 handed swords vrs anything else. Like when I would give her a war axe upgraded & enchanted she would stick with a vanilla steel sword or the like. What I've read though is they are suppose to choose the better of the weapons you give em, if that is true then why do some like Aela change back to a weaker weapon?? Ohh,I forgot ....I was having her carry stuff so she was even reverting back to a frigging long bow at lvl 15!! A long bow over a hunting or better??.... really Aela! ??!:mad: :confused:

WOW...that was a rant o_O

lol...followers definitely need to be improves for elder scrolls 6

DRTBAG

Sorry....I guess. I thought I was explaining more then ranting though,after all this is a discussion forum. Thnx for your help....

Sorry, didn't mean to hate!:)

It was just a long...long sentence.

No problem for the help...I learned a few new things researching for the answer!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Thnx very,very much man:D Like I said, conflicting reports, but now I have a list ill keep! On the bow issue. I didn't give her 1 right away cuz I wanted her to regurgitate ebony arrows for a while(there're hard to find &expensive) . I tryed giving her a elven enchanted bow & she used it like once then in one battle I noticed she was using her hunting bow:mad: I also notice some followers have " tastes ". Like Lydia likes 1 handed swords vrs anything else. Like when I would give her a war axe upgraded & enchanted she would stick with a vanilla steel sword or the like. What I've read though is they are suppose to choose the better of the weapons you give em, if that is true then why do some like Aela change back to a weaker weapon?? Ohh,I forgot ....I was having her carry stuff so she was even reverting back to a frigging long bow at lvl 15!! A long bow over a hunting or better??.... really Aela! ??!:mad: :confused:
All followers that have default bows will eventually switch back to them unless you give them a bow that benefits from the Steel Smithing perk. All followers will favor the weapon they can do the most damage with and Lydia's primary melee skill is one-handed.