• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dbukalski

Free arrows is one advantage, no weight to carry around. But is there another reason to use bound bow instead of a nicely crafted/enchanted daedric bow? Anyone recomend these for reasons I havent thought of? I dont imagine they do damage even close to the enchanted versions

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I've heard they actually do a very large amount of damage compared to most other bows.

Dvalin

I have read that the bound bow damage levels from both the conjuration and archery skill trees, so in the end yes, they do quite a bit of damage. I don't know the actual calculations and and wouldn't know where to look. Damage aside, you can't enchant them so that may be a draw back for some. My first character was a Bosmer who's only spell ever used was bound bow. Very happy assassin.

Teritus

For the actual calculations, simply summon a bound bow, then go over a body and look at another random bow. Subtract/add the difference and there you go.

Dvalin

For the actual calculations, simply summon a bound bow, then go over a body and look at another random bow. Subtract/add the difference and there you go.
So simple I never would've thought of it. ty

Teritus

Neither would I ;). I just looked at another thread and someone mentioned this.

dbukalski

http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-s...her-my-conjuration-level-is-at-right-61454378

seems conjuration doesnt increase damage. But having unlimited daedric arrows(24 damage) and a bound daedric bow 24 damage(summoned bow) is really good compared to what you can get through normal means.

A legendary daedric bow does 31 damage and base damage is 18 so seems the bound version is squarely in the middle.

Also the bound bow seems to draw faster allowing for even more DPS. ultimately I would say that a bound bow with faster draw, unlimited daedric arrows, and damage value equivalent to a mid tier daedric bow with soul trap is pretty good for the little effort needed to attain it

It looses out finally compared to fully maxed out

enchanting
alchemy
smithing

daedric bow but by the time you get all that your unstoppable

Windress

Bound Bow is great! I use it fairly often and I think it has as much value (if not more) as a traditional bow. It's true that you cannot enchant it, but certain perks add an enchantment value to the conjured item anyway. Like the "Soul Stealer" perk will give it the same feature as a bow enchanted with Soul Trap.

Dvalin

http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-s...her-my-conjuration-level-is-at-right-61454378

seems conjuration doesnt increase damage. But having unlimited daedric arrows(24 damage) and a bound daedric bow 24 damage(summoned bow) is really good compared to what you can get through normal means.

A legendary daedric bow does 31 damage and base damage is 18 so seems the bound version is squarely in the middle.

Also the bound bow seems to draw faster allowing for even more DPS. ultimately I would say that a bound bow with faster draw, unlimited daedric arrows, and damage value equivalent to a mid tier daedric bow with soul trap is pretty good for the little effort needed to attain it

It looses out finally compared to fully maxed out

enchanting
alchemy
smithing

daedric bow but by the time you get all that your unstoppable
Sorry for the misleading post about conjuration adding to damage. I'll check my facts before I do that again. Don't completely take alchemy away from bound weapons as poisons work the same as with regular weapons.

dbukalski

Dont worry about the conjuration damage info. Lots of people including myself believed that until I found that thread

when I listed enchanting/alchemy/smithing its because of the synergy.

You can make gear that raises potion strength.
You can make potions that increase smithing/enchanting.

stacking these abilities about 3 times you get weapons/enchantments of epic proportions. Besides which, a bow with absorb stamina(maintain time slow down zoom longer), paralyze, drain magic are all more important than soul trap(which you can put on your companion to fill gems

Dvalin

Ah, I see see what you were getting at now. It definately works for making a weapon of horrible proportions but I feel like it puts skyrim on easy mode when you're dealing that much damage. I'll stick to smithing a weapon up to legendary to keep the NPCs in the fight ;)

Dvalin

Flick the switch to Master difficulty and you may be singing a different tune. :confused:
I did once I maxed my enchanting to get the second enchant perk. There was hardly anything on adept I couldn't 1 shot with my Life/stam drain Elvish Greataxe. Adept felt like easy and Master felt like Adept. Enchanting is slightly OP in my opinion but I'm not complaining. Me taking damage was a different story on master. Noticed a huge difference.

dbukalski

on master I can one shot mammoths with a mace, without power attack, without the orc double damage power

on master I can have 3 giants and 2 mammoths pounding on me and I just sit there heal

just using 3 stacks of gear + enhance smith I can get 4200 damage with one swing of dual weilding maces. Thats not counting the power attack bonus or the 75% ignore armour.

Ive also read theres a 5 head peice glitch I dont use. And another glitch somehow allowing like 1000000 damage or something crazy

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
I used a little cheating to get the perks in Enchanting, as I didn't feel like wasting them and was level 39 at the time. Anyway, did a bit of scrounging for potions(no alchemy) managed to get like 44%+ bow on all the gear available, and used a 2 helmet glitch. Used some potions and whatever gear I had found on the way to smith a good bow, and enchanted it with Fire and Shock damage. I two shotted a regular dragon on Master difficulty with a sneak shot. It was slightly humorous. Mind it was only a "Dragon", which I believe are low levels. But still. Felt boss. Not that much effort put into my gear. In conclusion? Daedric bow if you want to combine something like paralysis and fire damage. Don't get them on the first shot? It's ok. With a little poison and some fire, you can watch them die while they lay perfectly still. Also, I feel slightly accomplished to make my own bow. That, and my smithing needed to be high to create Dragonscale armor to enchant. ALSO, I made a bunch of other daedric weapons, like a War Axe(whatever the 2h. one is) and a shield and sword that I carry around to boost some skills and have a little fun with(Raised carryweight for this. I feel no shame in doing so.)

dbukalski

Windress....no, we are talking about why its necessary to restrain ourselves in leveling the characters. Without even cheating. I dont know if stacking potions/smithing/enchant is a cheat but thats all I did and it got insane

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you use Fortify Restoration potions you're using an exploit. :rolleyes:

If you don't think that's cheating then you're using your own unique dictionary. :p

Complaining that the game is too easy when one does this is one of the most asinine complaints I have heard on a gaming forum.

Back on topic, without exploiting, you can still craft a better bow with 100 skill in Enchanting, Smithing and Alchemy. The only advantage in using a Bound Bow is the freed carrying capacity from not carrying a physical bow in your inventory.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts