Advanced Enchanting help needed

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reddanny2011

ok, the reason for this post is that I am having problems making a suit of armour that reduces my destruction magic cost to zero. I have watched many youtube videos and read many guides on how you are supposed to get each item to 25% magicka reduction. I am level 76 in total, level 100 in enchanting and smithing and level 100 in destruction and most if not all other schools of magick. I have bought all of the levels for the first enchanting perk so all of my enchantments are 100% stronger. I also have the 2 middle path enchanting perks which increases the power of skill enchantments by 25% and health magicka and stamina enchantments by 25% and as I said before I am level 100 in destruction which is the school I want to improve and enchanting. For the enchantments I am trying to make I am using black soul gems with grand level souls and I also have grand level gems with grand level souls in them.

I have a full suit of dragonscale armour and a necklace and a ring which I would like to enchant. Using a grand level soul gem and the enchanters philter potion which makes all enchantments 20% stronger I can still only get each enchantment to 18%. This is getting frustrating as I am watching other people of a lower level in enchanting or the magick school they are trying to improve get 25% while I cannot. The item I disenchanted to learn my fortify destruction and improve magicka regen was master level destruction robes so I dont know if I was supposed to use another item in order to get a more powerful base level enchantment.

To clarify, I would like and would most certainly appreciate help with finding out how in my situation I can get 25% fortify destruction magicka and if I am doing anything wrong please let me know. Also I can only put the fortify destruction magicka and magicka regen on my dragonscale armour, not on any other piece while I have seen others who can which leads me to think maybe I need an item that only fortifys destruction magicka and not also magicka regen. Anybody who can help it would be most appreciated. Many thanks peeps

Taphos

Are you using the effect that only fortifies destruction? If so, and you're enchanting is maxed in the right perks then it should give you 25%. So, beyond that, I don't know.

If your enchant is at 100% then you really need to get the dual-effect perk. Then you can use both fortify destruction & fortify magic regen effects and get 25% in each. I don't know about getting your spell skill down to 0% cost though, something I haven't tried, yet. Dual-effects are awesome, just got it last night myself.

Reddanny2011

Yeah it turned out I answered my own question. I went and bought a destruction ring and with the enchanters philter I got 27% destruction reduction cost on 4 pieces which makes destruction free and 68% magic regeneration on three pieces so magicka wise im set. Thanks for the response though

OutKast

i was going to say that "fortify destruction" enchantment wouldn't make the cost less, that would be the magicka regen enchantment....i guess i would've been wrong.

SawJack

Level 54 Nerd
Or you can be like me and dual enchant the items so you have destruction and restoration magic for free, then you can just stand in the open and cast destruction spells with one hand while healing yourself with the other. It is a very silly thing to do.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts