Absorb Health Enchantment, sucking too much ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

feliciano182

So, I just enchanted one of my daedric daggers with 20 absorb health, it's sucking up a lot of charges, my Destruction "rating" is currently at 90.

feliciano182

Soooooooo, if I didn't make it clear, I'd like to know if that's normal and if something can be done about it.

In the same line of thought, would the Soul Siphon perk help ?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Define "sucking up a lot of charges".

The size of the soul used to enchant an item determines the base charge, the magnitude of the enchantment strength and your Destruction skill determines the charge drain. In addition each enchantment has a base cost that affects the charge drain and Absorb Health has one of the higher base costs (almost 3 times that of a Fire damage enchantment).

feliciano182

Why this is all very interesting ! Thank you guys.

Also, would any of you recommend the Soul Siphon perk as a way to spend less soul gems recharging the weapon ?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
No. Collecting souls is easy enough to do by enchanting a melee weapon and bow with Soul Trap or Fiery Soul Trap, especially if you have The Black Star. You should also have plenty of coin to simply buy filled soul gems from court mages and general goods traders.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts