• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

golso

I have that same gripe with tails- it's probably even worse with an Argonian but I hate how my Khajit's tail sticks through the cape of the Nightingale armor!

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
From a power-gaming point of view Altmer with their extra magicka, and awesome racial would be a high choice as would Breton's for the magicka resist and absorb. Orcs are beastly with their racial ability, and then we get argonians for the waterbreathing, disease resist, and histskin. Last comes Redguards with stamina regen and poison resist.

But I like roleplaying, and for skills and fitting in in skyrim, I'd have to take Imperial. Fit better thatn any other race barring Nords and an imperial wouldn't feel wrong playing as a warrior, or a mage, and face it: ALL human races fit the thief role through roleplaying quite easily.

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
From a power-gaming point of view Altmer with their extra magicka, and awesome racial would be a high choice as would Breton's for the magicka resist and absorb. Orcs are beastly with their racial ability, and then we get argonians for the waterbreathing, disease resist, and histskin. Last comes Redguards with stamina regen and poison resist.

But I like roleplaying, and for skills and fitting in in skyrim, I'd have to take Imperial. Fit better thatn any other race barring Nords and an imperial wouldn't feel wrong playing as a warrior, or a mage, and face it: ALL human races fit the thief role through roleplaying quite easily.

Wrong. If you play by racials (which don't matter at all past level 10) then Orc is the best race. Berserker's Rage is the best racial hands down. A close second is Argonian because regenerating health is needed by everybody.

You can't enchant to replace the Altmer's racials, same with Bretons. Can't enchant to do double damage.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Wrong. If you play by racials (which don't matter at all past level 10) then Orc is the best race. Berserker's Rage is the best racial hands down. A close second is Argonian because regenerating health is needed by everybody.

You can't enchant to replace the Altmer's racials, same with Bretons. Can't enchant to do double damage.
I hold Orcs on the same tier as the Altmer and Bretons. Double damage given/half taken is amazing even at higher levels. The Altmer's bonus magicka is a godsend for any magicka using playstyle even if its just healing and the magicka regen is lifesaving at times even later on, although if you don't use magicka it's worthless and Breton's magicka resist not only helps against mages early on(and later on), but opens up a piece of gear for an alternate enchantment. Argonians with thier racials are extremely useful but, well, I really don't like playing as an argonian. It's just a personal prejudice, but I just can't put them in the top tier. Redguard's racials are still actually useful and therfor they do get an honorable mention.

CaptainPollux

We must be careful about what we pretend to be.
Redgaurd.

But I would kill to have Dwemer be a playable race.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
High Elves

Even though I'm more of a Nord or Khajit type, I'd go with Altmer because they are awesome

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Honestly? I would go with Dunmer. As much as I love High Elves, I find them a bit pretentious. Dunmer are a bit more adventurous to me, and slightly more reminiscent of my personality.

Volanere

Grand Magister
Altmer, because they are more superior than any other race.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
33801846.jpg
That being said. I can't tell you my absolute favorite... but I can tell you my absolute least favorite in Skyrim... I mean every race has been balanced to well picking one seems wrong to me.

Dannikkka

My absolute favorite skyrim race are the Khajiit. They look cool (especially as vampires), and they have the perfect skill bonuses to be a stealth character, which I love playing.

That's a tough decision, I love most of the races. If I had to pick I'd end up going with Imperial though, because they get extra gold and I'm a cheapskate.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Definitely Khajiit. I think Khajiit lore is fascinating (a lot of fun RP potential there too), I like playing characters who rely more on wits and stealth than brute force or magic, and as far as personality and outlook on life are concerned I'm more in harmony with Khajiit than with any of the others :p

I would miss being able to play as a Nord or Wood Elf, though.

CSnipez45

The Alpha Kitty!
Since I usally play as a stealthy archer, it would be either Khajiit or Wood Elf. My first character ever was a Wood Elf in Oblivion and my first character in Skyrim was a Khajiit (which I mainly play as). I would have to go with Khajiit. I just sort latched on to them after I saw how better they looked compared to Oblivion.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Since I usally play as a stealthy archer, it would be either Khajiit or Wood Elf. My first character ever was a Wood Elf in Oblivion and my first character in Skyrim was a Khajiit (which I mainly play as). I would have to go with Khajiit. I just sort latched on to them after I saw how better they looked compared to Oblivion.

I fell in love with Khajiit in Skyrim and then tried to go back to Oblivion and play one...not so much. No matter how long you spend with the character creator, you can't help but think "Nope...still looks like a handicapped lion." :confused:

CSnipez45

The Alpha Kitty!

I fell in love with Khajiit in Skyrim and then tried to go back to Oblivion and play one...not so much. No matter how long you spend with the character creator, you can't help but think "Nope...still looks like a handicapped lion." :confused:
Lol, handicapped lion. Their snouts were like 75% of their head.

Vaga8ond

Either Redguard or Breton. Breton would probably be #1 because of the magic resistance is good for any character. The stamina regen is only good for melee or archer characters. I like Redgards a tad bit more in appearance though not as petite as Bretons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts