• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FullmetalHeart20

Let's pretend for a moment there's a bug, or a virus in Skyrim. After you pick one race, all playable options are deleted from the game forever. Now, unless you're willing to fork over another $60, which would you choose? Remember, no second chances. You'd be stuck with it.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
Hmm wow thats tough, my favorite are the Orcs, but I do like playing Humans more..so i'd probably go breton cause I Love magic.

KritikalPT

I would pick Orc, not only because they're my favorite race, but their racial is, for me, one of the best as well one of the most OP out there.
Considering that any race can be anything, the Orc's racial could still benefit any type of build due to it reducing damage by 50%, while the rest is a bit more situational. However, I have no idea if the damage boost also benefits from spells, because if so, then I would dare say that it is indeed the most OP racial in the game.
An honorable mention to the Argonian's racial, as I like the increased health regeneration.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Been liking Wood Elves lately, so I'd probably pick them, I always use bows, and the ability to make a some potentially deadly animals my ally for a while is pretty useful to me, especially when I'm makng a retreat.

Agent 28, out.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Are you kidding? Argonian.

That might just be the inner Mass Effect nerd in me acting up though. I'd go gay for Garrus.

wolf_maiden

I like breton or orc. Orc facepaint is my favorite, and I like how bretons are short and cute looking haha C:

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Wood Elf firstly, or maybe Argonian, it would depend on the setting

Poster

Orcs! They looked ridiculously bad in Oblivion, but in Skyrim.. my god. I fell in love with Orcs as soon as I started the game up. I tried to play a different race to no avail, I always find a reason to switch back to Orcs lol. I use them for sneaking, archery, one handed, magic, just about everything but what they're for - being tanks!

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Mine would have to be the Nords.

Khajit, I know, you're probably like "Wut" I like Breton's too but..My first character was a Khajit, and its what I'll like forever and always |8 ,

Although I do find Argonians interesting, I'll give them that much.

Saozig

Hippy
Tough call me me. I realy like Breton & Redguard among the human races and Wood Elf and Dark Elf among the Mer races. Hmmm. Nope. Can't decide right now.

Altmer. I love being tall, and I love Elves, but they aren't as asian looking as the wood elves and they're more human than the Dark Elves.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
It's hard to say. There's some races I really love the lore and background for, yet don't especially enjoy playing. The Argonians, for example. They have a pretty compelling history, and the current state of Morrowind and Blackmarsh just add to that. But I can just never get into playing as one.

I love the bretons and redguards. The nords are great, too. Those three races comprise just about all my characters, I'm a great advocate of humanity, I suppose. Though, support the empire as I do, Imperial is my least favorite race of man.

I love elves not, but the Dunmer are too great to hate! Morrowind was a beautiful game, and I learned to love them there. Especially the Ashlanders....Now I kind of want to make an Ashlander.

Ritterkreuz

Overall, I'd have to go with an Argonian. Their hitskin has been a lifesaver in several battles, and the ability to breath underwater can come in handy from time to time.

ugh. hate the idea of only playing one race...
I can't pick a race, i have not tried them all.
I just wish someone would invent a potion of clean... or ... soap..
:)