• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptainPollux

We must be careful about what we pretend to be.
I recently deleted my two-handed tank because the game was getting to be a bit monotonus. I completely switched poles and I'm presently trying to work a mage character.

While I've been trying to tend towards a battlemage sort of build, I'm feeling a bit lost. Any advice?

There are a TON of people who say battles mage is the way to go. I dunno if I agree with that, but I do know that in the early levels, if you roll a cloth mage (no armor) you do have survivability issues. If you're on novice maybe not so much. But after like level 10 or 12 it starts getting much easier. If you just want to have fun, illusion is your best friend. lots of spells in that tree to control your enemies minds and keep you from dying. alteration if course for the flesh spells, so you can take a hit and not get one shotted. And of course destruction . Or if you wanna let your buddies do the work of disposing of your bad guys, conjuration is a great tree instead of illusion.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Awesome. I've been moderately successful, but I just got my butt kicked six ways from sunday by a room full of charus and I'm a bit impatient. I'll try to level a bit more before I go into any serious dungeons.

Be honest, unless you are in HA, Charus are dangerous to just about everyone. When I am playing a Mage of any sort (Pure, Spellsword, BattleMage) I avoid those dungeons completely, unless I have a follower.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I recently deleted my two-handed tank because the game was getting to be a bit monotonus. I completely switched poles and I'm presently trying to work a mage character.

While I've been trying to tend towards a battlemage sort of build, I'm feeling a bit lost. Any advice?

Try the Build Clinic that Psiberzerker created in this forum - Skyrim Help. He has some great ideas, and can help you with your build to suit your style.