A thief just came up to me and have me 500 gold?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kajackem

turns difficulty to master, gets mauled by skeever
This argonian named "Thief" came upto me and said: "Hail Nightingale, you did what you needed, so here is your cut". He handed me 500 gold then ran off

Why did this happen???

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I do know that random encounter thieves, once you tell them you're a Nightingale, back off and I think may give you stuff. You've got to look at yourself as thieving royalty by being a Nightingale.

Don't know what you did to prompt this particular situation, though. Sorry. :sadface:

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Nocturnal is the patron of theifs, as a nightingale u are more blessed and are a personal champion to Nocturnal, so when a lowly theif sees you he is paying tribute to his superior officer so to speak.

You meeting the thief was a random encounter.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
happend to me too!

very welcome, I wish to run into thieves more, also in real life this would be awesome!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I wish people would give me money. Though I just kill the thief since he is wearing glass armor. I make more septims from his death than I do letting him live.

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.
Are you nord? perhaps he was paying tribute to the TRUE men of skyrim C;