Spoiler A Schism of Night: The Vampiric Civil War

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
NOTE: This does NOT include the Dragonborn as the lord of Castle Volkihar. But instead a character I made up. Also, if you haven't finished the Dawnguard questline, you may not want to read this because it spoils some of it. So read at your own discretion

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
PLOT:
Months after Lord Harkon's demise, the Vampire that defeated him, a young male Breton Vampire named Andre Maniel now leads Castle Volkihar. Maniel has married Harkon's daughter, Serana, and both of them rule the court. However, many with the Volkihar clan separated and rebelled. They share Harkon's belief that the Vampires should end the sun's tyranny, and also believe that Maniel is unfit to lead the court, being too young and too naive and not a pure blood Vampire. The separatists are known as the "Blooded Owls" (called "Blood Owls" for short or when referring to a member). They have made their own settlement in Riften's Ratway Warrens, and are led by Orthjolf and Vingalmo (who have settled their differences), with Garan Marethi joining them. The Blooded Owls have turned the two remaining lunatics in the Ratway Warrens (being Salvianus and Knjakr, Hefid was killed by the Thalmor when they were looking for Esbern) into Vampires as their only soldiers, while Castle Volkihar has some new members that are actually useful. The Volkihar have stored away Auriel's Bow and kept it heavily guarded by Gargoyles and Atronachs so the Blooded Owls cannot get to it, although many failed attempts have been made. This Schism has caused citizens in Riften to become aware of the Vampire's presence in the Ratway, but they are uncertain because the only knowledge they have is rumors.

CHAPTER 1: A NEW NEST

Part 1:

The Blood Owls are tired of living in the Ratway, they find it pathetic and demeaning. They are debating on getting a new sanctuary.

Vingalmo: Damn it Orthjolf! I knew I shouldn't have trusted you with our headquarters! Look at this, we're living in a sewer for Molag's sake! This is pathetic! If we're going to get the bow back we need a good stronghold, not this piece of plops!

Orthjolf: Oh, stop your bitching, elf! If we could've gotten a better settlement, we would have.

Garan: I've been listening to you two whine and argue about this for the past 3 weeks, it's time to put an end to this nonsense with my idea.

Orthjolf: Pfft... like you're gonna help...

Vingalmo: Shut up Orthjolf! Let him speak.

Garan: Thank you, Vingalmo. Now, why don't we conquer one of those Orc Strongholds?

Vingalmo: Now just how are we going to do that, with an army like this?

Vingalmo points to Salvianus, one of the two remaining lunatics they subdued to vampirism, while he was mumbling to himself about the Great War.

Garan: I was getting to that if you let me finish. Let's just say, I know someone...in the Dark Brotherhood. We perform the Black Sacrament and set the contract on the Orc Chief in that village. The assassin will murder the Chief, leaving the tribe in a disorganized rabble, and we'll be able to take it easily!

Orthjolf: That's actually...not a bad idea. You're a way better elf than this asshole. *pointing at Vingalmo with his thumb*

Vingalmo: Piss off, Orthjolf. Back to the original conversation, how are we going to get the necessary materials to perform this Black Sacrament?

Garan: Simple. We kill the most useless member here, open them up, and use their organs and bones to perform the ritual.

Vingalmo: *laughing* I love how cruel you are, Garan. But which one is the most useless? They're all equally useless!

Garan: That one. *pointing to Salvianus* All he does is talk to himself like a blabbering fool! At least the insane cannibal chef makes a good Vampire and puts up a good fight!

Vingalmo: Good point. But why don't we set the contract on that wretched Andre Maniel and that bitch Serana?

Garan: Because it is not their fight, we shouldn't bring them into this. And before you say "The Orc Stronghold siege isn't their fight either" save your breath, we are not making them fight this battle, just asking for some simple assistance, we take care of the rest. Now, kill Salvianus!

The three cruel Vampires walked to Salvianus and killed the poor man and opened up his corpse with his own dagger. Orthjolf dug around inside him and ripped out his heart while the others retrieved the bones and flesh. They threw away the pile of flesh that was the remains of Salvianus and let Knjakr and the Skeevers feast on it. They gathered some candles they brought with them and put them in a circle around the effigy of a human. Vingalmo retrieved the dagger they used to kill Salvianus and Garan handed him a Nightshade flower that he picked from Riften's graveyard. Vingalmo rubbed the dagger with the Nightshade. Vingalmo stabbed Salvianus's heart and all three of them started chanting "Sweet mother, sweet mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear..."

Meanwhile, at the Dawnstar Sanctuary, the Night Mother is telling her listener, an Argonian Shadowscale by the name of Salku-Zaw his contract.

Night Mother: Salku-Zaw, hear my voice... you must speak with Garan Marethi...in the Ratway Warrens...in Riften. Accept his gold...then eliminate the target...hail Sithis!

Salku-Zaw: As you wish, my lady. Babette!

Babette: Yes Listener? What is it?

Salku-Zaw: We just got a new contract, the Night Mother has told me that a man named Garan Marethi wants some poor fool dead. Do your duty as Speaker for the Black Hand and send whichever of the family you wish on the mission. I would do it myself, but I just murdered someone yesterday, I want everyone to have a turn.

Babette: Why does that name sound so familiar? But anyway, of course Salku.

Babette informed a female Khajiit named K'lashya who was with the brotherhood about the contract. She put on her gear and left for Riften...

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Hey man, i'm not used to the scripted manner of fan fiction but once i got used to that i started to get into the tale. It has set it up ok, however i'm gonna hold off myself as i've yet to play Dawnguard ( PS3 :sadface: ). When i have i'll jump back in so keep writing.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom

Part 2:

K'lashya had to maneuver her way through Riften, seeing as how her kind are not allowed in Skyrim's cities. But she made it to the Ratway Warrens. She was tired from all the walking, but still carried out her duties. She instantly knew they were Vampires, but didn't care.

K'lashya: You had a contract for me?

Garan: Ah yes, you're the assassin? I've never tried out the Black Sacrament before so I didn't know which one of you they'd send. How's babette doing?

K'lashya: Just fine. Now, what would you have me do? And where's the money?

Garan: Straight to business, eh? Ok, I need you to kill the Orc chief of Narzulbur. Here's the gold for the kill. *hands her a bag of 2,000 septims*

K'lashya: Got it.

K'lashya left Riften and was headed back to the Dawnstar Sanctuary, she left before any of the guards could see her. She found the courier that was going to give her a Jarrin Root at the Black Door.

Courier: Hey, are you K'lashya?

K'lashya: Yes.

Courier: Oh, well, here's your plant. *handing her the Jarrin Root* By the way, that's a creepy door there. *pointing to the Black Door* What kind of guild are you hosting in there?

K'lashya: *intimidating tone* You should be on your way, now.

Courier: Right, sorry.

K'lashya walked through the Black Door. Then walked to the alchemy lab and began to brew the most deadly poison she could think of. She mixed the Jarrin Root with a Crimson Nirnroot and some Glow Dust.

Salku-Zaw: Ahh, K'lashya, have you murdered your target yet.

K'lashya: Not yet, Listener. I will as soon as I finish brewing this poison though.

Salku-Zaw: I see.

K'lashya then finished her poison, she rested at the sanctuary before her journey, then traveled to Narzulbur at night so she could hide easier. When she arrived, no Orcs were outside, so she assumed they were asleep in the Longhouse. So she crept into the longhouse and found Chief Mauhulakh in his bed, she knew it was him because he had the nicest bed out of the crowd of sleeping Orcs. He was sleeping with his mouth open and drool leaking from his mouth, lying on his back. So K'lashya crept over to the sleeping brute, took the cork off of her bottle of poison, and poured it into his open mouth. The poison killed him instantly and silently. If there was one thing K'lashya knew, it was alchemy, and she knew how to brew a poison in a certain way so that it would silence the vocal cords in an organism so they wouldn't be able to scream as they die. She then silently walked out of the longhouse and traveled back to Riften to inform the Blood Owls that their job had been finished.

Garan: Excellent! Just excellent! You've done us a great service, Khajiit! Thank you!

K'lashya: Yeah, yeah. You're welcome.

Part 3 coming soon.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Hey man, i'm not used to the scripted manner of fan fiction but once i got used to that i started to get into the tale. It has set it up ok, however i'm gonna hold off myself as i've yet to play Dawnguard ( PS3 :sadface: ). When i have i'll jump back in so keep writing.

I gotcha, well thanks anyway.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
I will be coming back to read this though :)

moragtong

I've had a soft spot for vampires in the Elder Scrolls games ever since I realized in Morrowind that I could be a super-thief/assassin with the skills, plus look cool in the process.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Part 3 will come after I get some sleep

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom

Part 3:

Knjakr: So when am I gonna eat? Heh heh.

Orthjolf: Soon you damned dog. But hold on, who's gonna guard our headquarters while we're gone? In case we're not successful?

Garan: He will.

Garan then conjured a Dremora Valkynaz from the depths of Oblivion right in the place where they killed Salvanius.

Dremora: WHAT?! WHERE AM I?! SPEAK YOU WORMS!

Garan: You are to guard this place. Got it?

Dremora: I SERVE NO MORTALS!

Garan: I'd think carefully before calling us, mortals. If I were you.

The four Vampires opened their mouths and showed the Dremora their fangs after Garan said that.

Dremora: SOO. YOU'RE ALL BLOOD SUCKING PARASITES THAT GET HARMED BY A LITTLE SUNLIGHT?! WHAT MAKES YOU ANY DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER MORTAL I'VE SLAUGHTERED WITH MY BLADE?

Orthjolf became enraged by the Dremora's remark, and raised his fist like he was about to hit the Dremora.

Orthjolf: Listen here you Daedric sack of...

Garan grabbed him just about to strike the Dremora and held him back. He then said something in a persuasive tone to convince the Dremora to guard the place.

Garan: It'll give you the chance to kill more mortals....

Dremora: YOU'RE LUCKY THAT ELF SAVED YOUR LIFE BY HOLDING YOU BACK, VAMPIRE. HAD HE NOT DONE THAT, I WOULD'VE BEATEN YOU TO DEATH WITH YOUR OWN BEATING HEART! BUT SINCE I GET TO KILL MORTALS, OK, I'LL GUARD YOUR plopsHOLE OF A LAIR.

The four vampires then travelled to Narzulbur, it wasn't too far of a walk but not a short one either. When they arrived it was around 3 AM so the sun wasn't up yet. They poured into the gates of the stronghold, they attacked any Orc in sight. The Orcs fought back with great intensity, but weren't strong enough to hold back the Vampires. Vingalmo and Garan conjured Gargoyles and attacked with magic. While Orthjolf and Knjakr attacked with weapons and brute strength. An Orc swung his Orcish warhammer at Orthjolf, but Orthjolf grabbed it in midair with both hands, and took it from the Orc, disarming him. Then Orthjolf smashed his face in with the Warhammer, which had such force that it clobbered the Orc's body down to the ground. An arrow struck Vingalmo in the neck while he was casting spells at the Orcs, but one of the Conjured Gargoyles swept down from the sky, grabbed the Orc archer, and literally split his body in half with it's bare hands. A stealthy Orc had snuck up on Garan while he threw a fireball at one of the other resisting Orcs. The stealthy Orc's blade was just inches from piercing Marethi's throat, but Marethi counter acted and flipped the Orc right in front of him and then tackled the Orc, pinning him down.

Garan: WHAT'S YOUR NAME, ORC?!

Stealthy Orc: *struggling to get up from being pinned* Alrub! Alrub gro-Nelgob, but what do you care?!

Garan: WELCOME TO THE BLOOD OWLS!

Garan then bit the helpless Orc on the neck, the intense bite from a centuries old Vampire killed Alrub instantly, but when Garan's Vampiric venom progresses far enough, it'll ressurect the Orc as a vampire in a day. The battle continued with only 3 Orcs remaining. The conjured gargoyles made short work of 2 of the Orcs and ate their remains. The last Orc was an Orc woman named Bolar, she was meditating and not battling, probably praying to Malacath for survival. But Knjakr savagely tackled her and bit her neck, interrupting her meditation. Knjakr has only been a vampire for a couple of months, so his Vampiric Venom wasn't that strong, it didn't kill Bolar instantly, just paralyzed her torso and head, but her limbs were still moveable. When the venom progresses further through her body, then it will kill her and ressurect her as a vampire a day later. She was paralyzed on the ground but flailing her limbs around trying to get up. But that did her no good, as Orthjolf picked her up and threw her in a cage that the Orcs of the stronghold used to trap animals. Orthjolf also picked up the body of Alrub and threw that in the cage as well, then shut it and locked it. The four vampires now consider Narzulbur their home from now on, and they waited for the soon to be vampires to progress through the infection...

Vingalmo: Good work, Blood Owls! But, what are we going to do about coffins? And that Dremora we left in the sewers?

Garan: You let me handle that.

Garan Marethi then conjured a Gargoyle.

Garan: You. Take me back to Riften's Ratway, fly me down there invisible too. Help me load the coffins as well. We can take more than one trip if it's too heavy.

Garan's Gargoyle: *grunts and nods*

Garan hopped onto the large behemoth of a Gargoyle and mounted it, then it took off and soared into the night sky. Then vanished into thin air, however Garan was still visible. They were headed to Riften...

Part 5 coming soon, also the last part of Chapter 1.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Oops, lol I meant for part 4 to be part 3.

Skyrimosity

That's fine. I really just posted so you wouldn't be humiliated in bumping it up. Problem solved!

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Yesssss *napoleon dynamite voice*. Part 4 will come tomorrow so stay tuned, kids!

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom

Part 4

Garan Marethi swooped down to Riften's graveyard, still riding on his invisible, huge Gargoyle. The creature silently landed as Garan climbed off of it and dismounted it.

Garan: Stay invisible for now, I'll be back in a bit, carry two coffins back to the Narzulbur, ok?

Garan's Gargoyle: *grunts and nods*

Garan proceeded on into the Thieves Guild entrance in the Graveyard. He was walking in the Ragged Flagon Cistern, everyone in the guild was asleep. "A good time to feed" he thought, then he was approached by a hooded figure, who Garan later figured out was Brynjolf, the leader of the Thieves Guild.

Brynjolf: Hey, Dark Elf! What do you think you're doing here? This part of the ratway is Thieves Guild territory! Now leave or things get ugly!

Garan: I was just going to get something I left here in the Ratway, I'm not trying to start trouble.

As Garan spoke and moved his lips, his fangs were exposed and Brynjolf noticed.

Brynjolf: Wait a second....you're one of those, "Blood Owls"...

Garan: *surprised tone of voice* H...how did you know about us?!

Brynjolf: Heh, you don't think I know what happens in the Ratway? This place might as well be my own plane of Oblivion. I know everything about these sewers, who goes in, who comes out, who dies in it, who lives in it. Now tell me, why do you invade my territory, nightspawn?

Garan: I just told you, mortal. To get something I left at our old base.

Brynjolf: What was it that you left?

Garan: I guess there is no point in keeping it a secret anymore if you already know. I'm transporting a couple of coffins back to our new base.

Brynjolf: Ahh, I see. Perhaps we could strike a deal, lad?

Garan: I don't usually deal with cut-purses, but oh..very well. What do you want?

Brynjolf: You give me the gift of your kind, and I'll have my friend Delvin get his people to transport those coffins back to your new base.

Garan: You...want to be one of us?

Brynjolf: Not one of the Blooded Owls, but a Vampire, yes. You creatures are good at sneaking in the night, and that would make it easier for me to rob people without getting caught.

Garan: Fine...I guess, it would be a relief not to have to carry such weight back to Narzulbur, which is our new base.

Brynjolf: So you lot killed all of those Orcs, lad? Impressive.

Garan: Yes, very. Now let's just get this over with.

Garan grabbed Brynjolf aggressively by his shoulders and gently piereced his fangs into his neck, drinking some of his blood and transporting the Vampiric venom through his body. His bite was purposely gentle, so the venom wouldn't knock him unconscious like it did to Alrub.

Garan: I don't remember how the change works, it's been centuries since I first got infected. But remember our deal, ok? I'm going to go back there to inform my guard that he can go.

Brynjolf: Don't worry, I'll remember, thanks for the gift.

Garan nodded and proceeded to the Ratway Warrens. As he got closer he noticed a trail of blood coming from the entrance. As soon as he entered, he saw the Dremora standing next to a burnt and decapitated corpse of what looked like a Redguard wearing Vampire Armor.

Garan: What happened here?!

Dremora: THIS FOOL THOUGHT HE COULD INFILTRATE, HE THOUGHT HE COULD SNEAK UP ON A DAEDRA. BUT I NOW HAVE HIS HEAD!

Garan: Good work, Dremora. You free to go back to Oblivion now.

The Dremora took the Redguard's decapitated head and teleported back to Oblivion with it. Garan observed the headless, burnt corpse and saw a letter next to it. Garan picked it up and read it out loud to himself.

Garan: "Go to the Ratway Warrens and take care of this petty rebellion before it gets to be a real threat. They are still weak and don't have much protection. Only a pathetic weakling could fail at this, so do NOT disappoint me. - Andre Maniel"

Garan: Sigh... when will that boy learn? Him and his underlings are the weak ones. They've had plenty of failed attacks on here. Two failed attacks is enough to know when to quit. But look where this got you, you're servant now serves me.

Garan reanimated the headless Redguard vampire's corpse, and it followed him out of the Ratway as he walked out. Once he walked out of the way he came in, he was in the graveyard and his Gargoyle reappeared as soon as the Gargoyle saw him. Both Garan and the Zombie hopped onto the huge creature and it flew them both back to Narzulbur.

Vingalmo: *pointing to the sky* Look! It's Garan, he's back!

Garan swooped down on his Gargoyle and landed. Garan, and his Zombie then hopped off the Gargoyle and Garan approached Vingalmo and let him now about what happened. As Orthjolf was still watching over the soon-to-be Orc Vampires.

Garan: I negotiated with the leader of the Thieves Guild, they'll be giving us our coffins from the Ratway. I know they're hard to trust, but he should know better than to cross a Vampire. Also we have a new member *points to the Redguard Zombie* he was one of Maniel's underlings, but now he's one of us...and the Dremora killed that man for us, allowing me to reanimate his corpse.

Vingalmo: Nice work, Garan! I'll be waiting for those coffins to arrive, and Maniel had another failed attack? Heh heh, we were right to rebel, the stupid boy can't even send out good assassins...

Part 5 coming soon...

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Part 5 coming tommorow. It'll be the last part for Chapter 1.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom

Part 5

The next day, after the Vampires got some good rest in the Orcs' old beds. Although not as comfortable as coffins. A horse carriage showed up with Delvin Mallory and 2 other people in Thieves Guild Armor driving it. The cargo in the back was filled with coffins, probably about ten of them. Alrub and Bolar's transformation was complete and they were released from the cage.

Delvin Mallory stops the horses from pulling the carriage any further. He then hops off the carriage while the other two Thieves Guild members stay on the seat. He approaches Garan.

Delvin: So, you're the one that turned Brynjolf into a Vampire?

Garan: Yes, so I'm assuming he told you?

Delvin: Yeah, well, were here. Wheres the pay?

Garan: Right, here. *handing Delvin a bag of gold that one of the Orcs left in the longhouse*

Delvin: *swiping the bag of gold and grinning* Alrighty then. BOYS!!

As soon as Delvin said "BOYS!!!", the two men in Thieves Guild armor hopped out of the Carriage and started carrying coffins to the ebony mining cave in Narzulbur, where the Vampires decided to sleep. Delvin walked over there and helped them carry the coffins in.

Vingalmo: Wow, for once you can actually trust those guys.

Garan: Yeah. This new headquarters will give us a position to recruit feral Vampires that live in caves and such. In no time we'll be more powerful than the Volkihar "Vampires".

Orthjolf: Damn right we will!

Garan: Hey Orthjolf, do me a favor and store the headless zombie in the cage you used to keep the new members.

Orthjolf: I'm on it.

Orthjolf grabbed the headless creature, picked him up and tossed him in the cage then locked it. The vampires decided that cage would be useful for prisoners to have "company" as well. The Thieves Guild was still managing the coffins. Garan approached the new Orc Vampire, Alrub in the Blooded Owls and spoke to him and gave him his first mission.

Garan: You, Alrub.

Alrub: Yes?

Garan: I'm sending you on a mission, go find some cattle for us. We cant go hungry, now can we?

Alrub: I'll take the mission, but how am I going to find the cattle, master?

Garan: Tombs, caves, cities, anywhere really. Just use your vampiric abilities to seduce the person of your choice and take them here. But I want you to go to the Silent Moons Camp and seduce any bandit you find there. I picked this location because that camp has access to Lunar Weapons, which make it's wielders more powerful in the night. Get some cattle from there, but get some of those weapons as well, I wish to study them.

Alrub: Understood.

End of Chapter 1....Chapter 2 Part 1 coming soon...

Docta Corvina

Good stuff so far, Chief! :) I too am not quite used to the script-like lines of dialogue, but I can work with it. :p I do like the mood and world you've got going with these characters and their interactions. I have always been a fan of vampires (those done right anyway hehe), so I will be following this. I still need to check out the last two parts.

:)

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Thanks docta, I appreciate it. And I'll be starting off Chapter 2 soon, I've just been lazy, it's my main talent lol. But in the meantime i may check out some of your fan fics, which I am under the impression will be awesome. However, I am lazy as previously stated, so I might not due to the fact that it involves reading lol.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
CHAPTER 2: LUNAR POWER

Part 1

Alrub halted, he finally arrived at Silent Moons Camp. There wasn't many Bandits on the outside of the building, there were only four standing outside the wooden door to the right. Two were female, two were male. The two women were Imperial, while one man was Nord and the other Redguard. Alrub steadily walked over to the bandits. One of the Imperial woman bandits was wearing Leather Armor, while the rest of the four were wearing fur armor.

Imperial Woman Bandit 1: *spotting Alrub* Hey! Go somewhere else, we're robbing this place!

Alrub stood there silently as the loud mouthed woman caught the attention of the other bandits. They all then stared at Alrub with aggressive looks on their faces.

Nord Man Bandit: Leave, now!

Alrub stood there, completely silent. As the Bandits started getting more and more enraged with his presence, they started unsheathing their weapons.

Imperial Woman Bandit 2: Are you deaf or something? We said leave!

Redguard Man Bandit: Look, we can either do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way!

Alrub still stood there silent. Now he was practically just asking for them to come over and attack him.

Redguard Man Bandit: *a small smirk spreads across his face as he unsheathes his Dwarven sword* Your choice!

Alrub stood there and held his ground, not showing any sign of fear or regret in his blank face. The four bandits charged at Alrub holding their weapons. The Nord bandit was the fastest out of the group, he got within melee range to Alrub and swung his long Steel Warhammer at his face, but as soon as the blunt weapon was centimeters away from making contact with Alrub's face, an explosion of lime green magical aura imploded off his body and the residue of four lime green bolts of energy flew towards all four of them, hitting each one. This was Alrubs first vampiric seduction so he was quite impressed at how well it did, he didn't anticipate such a success. The Nord dropped his warhammer, and all the other bandits dropped their weapons and stood in place. From this moment on, they were the Blooded Owls' cattle.

Alrub: My minions...

All Four of the Cattle: Yes...my lord.

Alrub: You all are to go to Narzulbur and do whatever the people there tell you to do. I'll mark it on your maps so you can find it.

All Four of the Cattle: Understood, master.

The four mindless hypnotized cattle held out their maps to Alrub as he pulled out a charcoal from his satchel and marked down the location of Narzulbur on their maps. After Alrub marked down Narzulbur's location, the mindless sheep walked in the direction of it's whereabouts. Alrub then attempted to open the wooden door they were guarding, it wouldn't budge. So he tried to slam into it with his large shoulder, it still wouldn't open. "It's probably locked" he figured. So he pulled out a lockpick from his satchel and simply slid it into the lock, instantly making the "click" sound from a successful lockpicking. "That was..too easy." Alrub thought to himself. So he opened the door and saw a forge, which he assumed was the Lunar forge, he also saw one Steel war axe, glowing with dark green markings on it. He assumed that the axe was a lunar weapon. But suddenly, he saw a shadowy black figure with a thin tail (also black and shadowy) pick it up.

Alrub: Hey! Stop! Give me that weapon!

Just then, the shadowy figure turned around and revealed it's only two visible features, it's creepy snake-like, vertically pupiled blue eyes, indicating it was an Argonian under a shadow spell, and two tiny but sharp fangs, indicating it was also a vampire. The shadowy argonian vampire swiftly pulled out his crossbow off of his back with one hand while the other hand was holding the Lunar Steel War axe, and shot an Ebony Crossbow Bolt into Alrub's head. Alrub dropped to the ground, unconscious, but not dead, as the Shadowy Argonian slid the crossbow onto his back and vanished into thin air with a teleport spell, taking the lunar axe with him.

Part 2 coming soon....

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
CHAPTER 2: LUNAR POWER

Part 2:

Meanwhile, at the bridge of Castle Volkihar. The "Shadowy Argonian" Alrub saw, was actually Jeroo-Shei, who had become affiliated with the Volkihar Vampires after Harkon was dead. Jeroo-Shei slowly walked to the gate of the castle, he pushed the large doors open with his left hand and entered the palace. He then closed the doors after he was in. He still had the Lunar Steel War Axe in his right hand. He steadily walked over to the royal dining table with the throne that Maniel was sitting in, with his new wife, Serana, sitting next to him. Jeroo-Shei saw the new lord of the castle drinking blood from a silver goblet, and saw his wife doing the same thing. Jeroo approached them with the Lunar Weapon in his hands.

Andre Maniel: Ahhh! You're back Jeroo! And you have the lunar weapon, splendid!

Jeroo-Shei: *handing Maniel the weapon* Here you are, it was a little too easy to get.

Andre Maniel: *swiping the Lunar Steel Axe* With talents as great as yours, I can imagine so. I'll have Corissa (the new court mage for Maniel) study the weapon's magic tommorow. Here, take these, *handing Jeroo-Shei a Potion of Blood and a bag of gold* you've earned them. You've just got us a step closer in taking care of the little scab on our clan's leg...those Blooded Owls.

Jeroo-Shei: *taking his reward* Thank you...my lord.

Jeroo-Shei headed to the coffin room to sleep while having his rewards in his hands, passing by Feran Sadri and his assistant, Ronthil on the way there. Once he finally got to the coffin room he opened up his usual coffin, and hopped in it then closed it and went into a deep sleep. He took his rewards with him to the coffin because he didn't trust any of the others not to steal them. He knew he could practically demolish anyone there, but he just wanted to keep what he earned.

Meanwhile, at the Silent Moons Camp, Alrub finally wakes up in the same room that he was shot in the head in. By now the Hypnotized Bandits were already at Narzulbur.

Alrub: *opening his eyes and getting up with the Ebony Bolt still in his forehead while blood is running down his face* Damn....that hurt like plops!

Alrub attempted to pull the Ebony Bolt out of his forehead, he was successful, but extremely painful. It caused him to scream in agony.

Alrub: *after he stopped screaming in pain* ........I have to fulfill my task, or Garan will have my hide! Are there any other Lunar weapons left?!

Alrub searched around the entire room, making note of every place he checked. He had no luck. However, after almost 30 minutes of searching, he opened a crate that had a Lunar Steel Sword in it, he grabbed the Sword as fast as he could.

Alrub: Oh...thank the divines! Now all I have to do is go back to Narzulbur.

Alrub found a piece of cloth lying around and picked it up with his left hand, while the right hand was carrying the Lunar Sword. He pressed the cloth against his forehead to stop the bleeding, and did so as he walked all the way back to Narzulbur. He sheathed the Lunar Sword so he wouldn't have to carry it all the way there.

He was almost to the mountain road that led to the entrance of Narzulbur, his forehead stopped bleeding so he threw the cloth on the ground and kept walking with nothing in his hands. But as he was doing that, a male Khajiit highway thief ambushed him.

Thief: *observing the Lunar Weapon he has* That weapon has a valuable enchantment on it! Hand it over! Or i'll cut you down where you stand!

Alrub: *a smirk grows across his Orcish face* Okay...take it.... *silently chuckling*

loved to put up a fight. Alright, thank you for your cooperation, heh heh.

Alrub unsheathed the Lunar Sword and held his arm out with the sword in his hand. The Khajiit thief was about to grasp the sword, but Alrub pulled his arm back too fast for the Khajiit. Then Alrub quickly bashed the cat in the face with a deadly unexpected blow from his fist, it knocked the thief unconscious and he fell to the ground. The Orc then bent over and bit the unconscious Khajiit on the neck with his lower jaw fangs that all Orcs had. Orc vampires don't grow upper fangs, just keep their lower ones. Alrub drank the Khajiit's blood and let his Vampiric Venom flow into his unconscious body. He picked up the Lunar sword and re-sheathed it. Then he picked up the Khajiit who was out like a light with both hands and carried him to Narzulbur which wasn't but a couple feet away.

Alrub finally scaled mountain path to Narzulbur. He kicked the fence door open, since his hands were still carrying the Khajiit. He walked over to Garan Marethi and dropped the cat's body on the floor.

Alrub: Welcome the newest member. Oh, and here's your Lunar Sword *handing the sword to Garan*. And I presume the cattle have already arrived?

Garan: *taking the lunar weapon* Yes they have. Outstanding job! You retrieved the weapon I asked you to get, brought some cattle, and "recruited" a new member. Well done!

Alrub: No problem, master. But, I have some bad news to deliver.

Garan: Oh?

Alrub: A shadowy Argonian Vampire took one of the lunar weapons before I did. You told me we had an enemy vampire clan, "Volikar"? Or was it "Volkihar"? Anyway, I have a bad feeling that could've been one of them.

Garan: Damn it! And you didn't do anything to stop it?!

Alrub: I tried, but he shot me in the forehead with an ebony crossbow bolt, which knocked me unconcious, 'tis why I was late getting here.

Garan: *grunting with disappointment* Ugh...knowing that another vampire could have the same night magic as us gives me worries, even if it's one of the Feral Idiots, it could still be a threat to us if we choose to exterminate some of the feral brood. However, you did your job and you did it well. Get some rest, I'll gather Orthjolf and Vingalmo and decipher a plan to infiltrate the castle.

Alrub nodded and proceeded to the former mining cave of his tribe that was now used to house the coffins. When he got inside, he curled up inside one of the coffins and went into a deep sleep, like a baby in a cradle. While Garan called Orthjolf and Vingalmo and the three stayed up all night deciphering a way to infiltrate the Castle. Bolar, the other new Orc Vampire besides Alrub, tended to the new cattle as her new role as the thrall master, she guided them to the ebony mining cave that was holding the coffins as well and watched over them in there....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts