A real problem to us all :/

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I'm over 9000 years old.

If you haven't done the main quest , I recommend attempting to finish it as soon as you can so you can actually get a challenge, if you leave it 'till your armor rating is near the max, and you have major weapons/destruction skills, you'll find it too easy.

I expect games to be self-contained and not require extensive research so that they become like work.

Bethesda mumbled something about being inspired by Apple software design, well , it looks more like Linux to me , the key term is "intuitive to use" and that's not what I'd call this game.

I'm not saying the game should come with a walk-through guide...

redrkt

Premium Member
I'm over 9000 years old.

If you haven't done the main quest , I recommend attempting to finish it as soon as you can so you can actually get a challenge, if you leave it 'till your armor rating is near the max, and you have major weapons/destruction skills, you'll find it too easy.

I expect games to be self-contained and not require extensive research so that they become like work.

Bethesda mumbled something about being inspired by Apple software design, well , it looks more like Linux to me , the key term is "intuitive to use" and that's not what I'd call this game.

No I haven't done it yet because to me that is the central theme to the whole game, and should be done last, not at the beginning, kinda like killing the main bad guy in a movie right at the beginning and then trying to build a story beyond it, but, that is just my opinion,

"these results are not typical and may vary by user"

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
well, most people say it is too easy if you're high level, and I agree.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
You can always make your own story. I'm level 66 with all magics at 100 except restoration which is 88 and all of my other skills are above 50 if not 70 with lockpicking, pickpocketing and smithing at level 100 as well, I spend most of my time going around in a monk's robe with a sword and magic and just make stuff up.

moley25

slayin and searchin!!!!!!!
well,im a level 21,i hardly use magic(only use it on trolls and dragons) i have exquisite dwarven armour and weaponry.i still find it a bit of a challenge,maybe its because im new to playing this series but i used to play the fallout games (fallout 3 and las vegas) and what you're explaining here crispon is the point to which i got on fallout.i could shoot any type of creature,and it would die in one shot.

a good RPG requires open world and lot's of options, if it's too linear it stops being a good RPG because you have to play the role set out for you.

that being said it does need to hold your hand a little bit at the beginning (say up until you kill the first dragon) then it needs to make it very clear that you should explore, maybe the grey beards tell you that you are not yet strong enough to face alduin and maybe you should seek experience somewhere or whatnot...

Crispon

well,im a level 21,i hardly use magic(only use it on trolls and dragons) i have exquisite dwarven armour and weaponry.i still find it a bit of a challenge,maybe its because im new to playing this series but i used to play the fallout games (fallout 3 and las vegas) and what you're explaining here crispon is the point to which i got on fallout.i could shoot any type of creature,and it would die in one shot.

Well as you probably know ,the Fallout series and the TES series are both from Bethesda!
What you dont know is that the Fallout series are very similar to the TES series (or the opposite)

I wont try to prove you wrong or anything!In fact I just want to reinforce your point with some facts!
What I want to say is that you said that you are new to the TES series so you probably havent played Oblivion!

If you had though you would know that Oblivion is much like Fallout in many aspects!
I mean even the starting of the game is same thing!

Fallout-->Character face creation-->Starting "trapped" in the vault-->Choose basic playstyle-->Enemies appear-->you need to flee-->Before you flee you get the chance to change your stats if you dont like what you chose in the first place

Oblivion->Charecter face creation->Starting "trapped" in jail-->Choose basic playstyle-->Enemies appear-->you need to flee-->Before you flee you get the chance to change your stats if you dont like what you chose in the first place

Same thing....then the mechanics,button layout,game features are much like the same too!

Bethesda share game elements between these two games (probably they are too lazy to think of new ones)...Example :Oblivion had its own unique lockpick system and now we see Skyrim adopted Fallout's lockpick system!

Wait system
Sleep system
Quest system
etc (believe me there are many)

If you look better you will also find a common path in the main questline of these games too!

So as long they have so many things in common ,I doubt the mechanics and calculation systems differ!So yes Moley25,what you said is TRUE!As you became insanely powerful in Fallout in the same way you will become one in Skyrim!Except if you choose to run around in fur armor for the rest of your gameplay!

I believe that the fallout series are the same games with TES series just they are set in differet time with different plotline! (Dont know if this is is valid for previous fallout games (1,2) because i have only played F3!)

Both games have unique features of course but the majority of their features are common between them and this makes them in my mind same game!

P.S And BUMP post :p

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I'm over 9000 years old.

Everyone I know who did the main quest first said they got bored with the game. Everyone can play the game how they want really, but interspersing side and misc quests with the main quest kept me interested.

moley25

slayin and searchin!!!!!!!
Well as you probably know ,the Fallout series and the TES series are both from Bethesda!
What you dont know is that the Fallout series are very similar to the TES series (or the opposite)

I wont try to prove you wrong or anything!In fact I just want to reinforce your point with some facts!
What I want to say is that you said that you are new to the TES series so you probably havent played Oblivion!

If you had though you would know that Oblivion is much like Fallout in many aspects!
I mean even the starting of the game is same thing!

Fallout-->Character face creation-->Starting "trapped" in the vault-->Choose basic playstyle-->Enemies appear-->you need to flee-->Before you flee you get the chance to change your stats if you dont like what you chose in the first place

Oblivion->Charecter face creation->Starting "trapped" in jail-->Choose basic playstyle-->Enemies appear-->you need to flee-->Before you flee you get the chance to change your stats if you dont like what you chose in the first place

Same thing....then the mechanics,button layout,game features are much like the same too!

Bethesda share game elements between these two games (probably they are too lazy to think of new ones)...Example :Oblivion had its own unique lockpick system and now we see Skyrim adopted Fallout's lockpick system!

Wait system
Sleep system
Quest system
etc (believe me there are many)

If you look better you will also find a common path in the main questline of these games too!

So as long they have so many things in common ,I doubt the mechanics and calculation systems differ!So yes Moley25,what you said is TRUE!As you became insanely powerful in Fallout in the same way you will become one in Skyrim!Except if you choose to run around in fur armor for the rest of your gameplay!

I believe that the fallout series are the same games with TES series just they are set in differet time with different plotline! (Dont know if this is is valid for previous fallout games (1,2) because i have only played F3!)

Both games have unique features of course but the majority of their features are common between them and this makes them in my mind same game!

P.S And BUMP post :p

I must admit,I am starting to love this game,and you are rite.quests and stuff are the same sort of thing as fallout games,even the bits on fallout where you get a critical hit and the camera angle changes and you see your character shoot the enemy or the camera follows the bullet.on skyrim you see your character smash up an opponent from a different angle.i really hope there are more fallout and elder scrolls games in the pipeline for bethesda.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
lol you should like your mad.... Really shouldn't be plalying this... heard WoW is taking on new recruits... best you go and check it out... maybe even rant on their forums before u get banned...

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Haters gunna hate.

I love Bethesda. Compare this to any other console RPG... Well you can't really. It's vastly superior.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Haters gunna hate.

I love Bethesda. Compare this to any other console RPG... Well you can't really. It's vastly superior.

Didn't know they were other rpgs besides this o_O Oooh well they must be lame anyways *Continues playing the heck out of Skyrim* ^^ Name Something better then this game at the end of the tone and come back again plz Thank u

Black swordsman

sword swinger
I agree with alot of different points of views and perspectives on all sides of debate, but wont even go into that. Just to drop my 2 cents ( not even worth that ). I love Skyrim. If you think its too easy, or want a game where you dont have to put "work" into it to understand it and develope your character; ( isn't that what an rpg is? ); then theres plenty of classes, programs, software, out there and I dare someone to try to top Skyrim. ( Make your own rpg that corrects your problems.) Not saying it cant be done but with the state of technology right now ( how much info and code can be wrote onto a certain size ), I must say im pretty happy with the way Skyrim turned out. Even Bethesda said they have an image in mind of "their" ideal rpg and Skyrim is not it. They've been improving on top of, and correcting problems of every game with the next; trying to get to that perfect, "ideal" rpg. For right now, I think Skyrim is the cream o' da crop ! SKYRIM RULEZ

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
I remember I used to have this RPG for the PS2 that was so insanely difficult on its boss battles that even when you found huge exploits and ways to exponentially increase your stats and/or survivability, you still had long hard, extremely difficult battles ahead of you. Those battles that required every exploit and game-breaking advantage I could muster felt soooo satisfying to finally beat, because I felt like I really gave it my all, and never held back anything, and it was still very challenging.

In my opinion, difficulty should come from adding new mechanics, not adding higher numbers. Unfortunately, until Bethesda takes a massive step sideways, the Elder Scrolls series will almost always be about higher numbers.

Annageckos

I really like this game, and the fact that I can set the level to my needs. I don't mind being killed sometimes, but I hate games that I get stuck on, because there is one part that is too hard. I play the game for fun, being killed over and over is not fun to me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts