A real problem to us all :/

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Crispon

Well first of all this thread's purpose isnt for me to brag about my achievments but for
all of us to share ideas on the problem that I will mention below!

Well,I'm a level 51 Mage who can literally 2 hit kill every creature in Skyrim!
All my magic skills are 100 except restoration and alteration which are above 90 as well!
~NO POWER LEVEL THOUGH~

The reason a stated this is because from the very first 2 hours of gameplay of Skyrim I was lvl 12 and I was like "Wtf? In oblivion I had to spent tons of hours of gameplay to get to high levels!"

Well 12 lvl in oblivion wasnt that high but still you couldnt be 12 lvl in the first 2 HOURS of the FIRST gameplay where you didnt knew plops about the game!
I mean now on Skyrim on second playthroughs I see hitting lvl 30 on a days game as an easy task!What the hell???On Oblivion I Never hit lvl 30!

So Problem is .....Skyrim!Very easy to reach cap levels (not 81 ,cap levels I mean around 50 because from that point on is where the game starts to have no point at all!Which finally brings me to my main topic)

So my problem is the lack of challenge!Being a lvl 50 player there is nothing known to me that will make me even lose 1/4 of health!
So what do you do with the game?
Sure exploring is fun and Skyrim's beautiful landscapes encourage you yo explore but really when you dont have anything to anticipate,what's the point?Going in a dwemer site just walking in killing enemies in the blink of an eye and looting things you never gonna use because either they are weapons/armors and you dont need them because you are powerful enough so you will sell them for money that you have nothing to spent them on or in case your loot is miscellaneous then you just collect it to your house or again sell them for useless money....

On low levels,I was exploring and I was like "Oh god,please dont let it be a bear/sabre tooth" or I was like "Hmmm ....a dungeon?Sure there is going to be some nice loot inside but will I make it to the end?" And really ,every dungeon or dwemer ruin had it's moments! Now it is like hit/kill hit/kill hit/kill!

or even fanctions!I mean I still have Dark Brotherhood and thieves guild and the Imperial Vs Stormcloack War but they are all TOO DAMN easy that my 5 year old brother could finish them off!

Roleplay is a solution and I was roleplaying my character real nice but out of nowhere my scenario is gone because my character as it seems is the new god of Tamriel so what roleplay you can do there?Daedric princes are my servants and the 8 Divines my b#%ches?....After all I killed the legendary world eater Alduin in 9 seconds (as everyone else I suspect) with a total of 7 blasts because I was afraid of his might and didnt go to Sovngarde until level 33!

So people please enlighten me on what did you do in this kind of situation?I mean I could really wait for a DLC but it would be pointless as it will be too easy too and also I seek challenge and not new adventures!As for new adventures I have plenty (DB questline,thievesguild etc)...

I believe what ruinned this game so much is the smithing/enchanting thing they put on!I mean you could really ignore that and play like it does not exist but what is the point again?Not becoming stronger because the game goes crappy?

I believe they should have put leveled enemies up to lvl 100 spawning randomly according to your lvl and maybe the region you are in!

So any ideas on how this game can become serious/playable again?

P.S I know that I havent covered everything that I wanted to state in this thread but it is kinda 5 in the morning here so my brain cells have gone to sleep since and hour ago!
So I will see what you will answer me and continue the discussion with you people!

dbukalski

theres no solution, the games beautiful. But they made it to entertain 8 year olds. Theres no challenge in it unless you ignore crafting completely and even then not really

Crispon

exactly my friend!Even if you ignore crafting and enchanting again the game becomes crap from a moment forward!

But Oblivion wasnt like that!Dont know if you ever played Oblivion!
Damn to those so called "Professional Game Reviewers" who say "Skyrim better than Oblivion,DEFINITELY"

Then again,TES is my all time favourite game series 'coz is not just a game!It is a whole fictional world with a story and history and everything!

I still want to keep playing Skyrim but I dont see how!Ideas?

I believe the reason they made leveling faster was twofold.

to accommodate the less dedicated players (the casuals), this almost always pisses of more serious players, but it's a good thing, a good game should be accessible by anyone who enjoys it, and sometimes people can only play so much, so allowing them to progress faster helps them feel like they are accomplishing something even when they can only play in short installments.

I would also think that it's to allow multiple characters, if you've finished one roll another, I for one have several 81 level characters (3 to be exact, two of those completely legit, bar a little grinding, and one an oghma glitch re-roll of my first 85 because i particularly liked him and wanted to play through some of the quests that bugged up on him), so I wouldn't say it isn't easy to reach level cap. yet I have seen several other players who have quite a few characters around levels 30-40 that they created because they wanted to try that kind of character, again, it's an accessibility thing, you don't want people not trying out different characters that they want to just because it's difficult to level them.

that being said, I think the enemies could have been leveled a little better.

Crispon

ZoridiumJackL

Accomodating new players?C'mon mate?Do you really believe Bethesda had that in mind?I mean Bethesda new and we ALL new that when we would hear TES 5 we would all rush to the *sigh* ....stores to *sigh* ...buy the game no matter what!So that is why in my opinion they tricked everyone by making a game full of flaws and presenting it to us as the GOTY (Game of the year)!I strongly believe that this time they went only for the money without putting spirit into it!Sure they made graphics and art and all of this ....but ONLY this!

I mean it was crystal clear to me that the game was gonna be a failure from the moment I noticed they didnt even cared to make dialogues!TES was always known for its freedom of interactions with NPCs and the variety of dialogues!Now Every NPC is like "somebody stole your sweetroll" "arrow to the knee" "cousin fight dragons and me the retard guard duty" ......well FU Bethesda!
~Oblivion may had 10 voice actors but they said more than 400 lines (not taking under consideration quest dialogues)
~Skyrim has 400 voice actors repeating 10 lines .....

well again... FU Bethesda!

Now to the point...

Well,I dont play too much either and consider this!
On my first playthrough ,the one when I didnt know anything ,even where Whiterun were I managed to make it to lvl 12 in 2 hours of gameplay!That is bad,that is really bad!

And what's the point going to 81 when from 50 you are like end game character!What you see,it dies!Really?What's the point?In games you raise levels in order ot become stronger and face stronger opponents!In Skyrim you dont have any stonger opponents since lvl 40!What's the point of keep playing?To be lvl 81 after 40 hours of gameplay and do what?See the landscape?

Yeah,enemies should be leveled better!Enemies should be spawned randomly and their lvl should be minimun 1 (bandits,wolves etc) and maximum the current level of the player+10 more lvls for challenge (example if you are 50,chances are that you can face an enemy up to lvl 60 while exploring!Or even better in my opinion as I said in the beggining ,random spawning enemies up to lvl 100 (as in reality would happen)!Either you kill it ,run away or die trying!

Not this plops where everything is set to be below you!

P.S If I sound offensive,is not against you mate but to the geniouses who made this games' mechanics!

cmp007

My characters been a beast for quite a while now. I play it to complete the game and play the story with the different factions. I could care less about having to be careful of dying I love the story with RPGs thats why I play them. The enemies arent to much of a challenge but I enjoy completing all the quests and finding new and awesome places. I mean an ancient dragon still with his fire breath will knock me down to a little less than 1/4 life (and I have over 400 health and way beyond maxed out armor) so theres no possible way to get any stronger. If its that big of a problem for you dont use maxed out weapons and armor. Thats the only thing that makes your character like this. If this game is ruined for you use weapons and armor that are half of the cap and stop complaining about it. You choose your gear if its to strong use plopsty gear to give you more challenge and stop whining

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I love Skyrim Isn't A Challenge threads!

I play as a level 1. No perks. Limited to steel armor and weapons from merchants. So far the best I've found is a nearly full suit of orcish armor and I technically wasn't supposed to get that because the area in question is off limits to characters of my level. Giants and Falmer are a challenge.

The game is what you make of it. Was it too easy? Raise the difficulty and try things differently. Everyone is obsessed with leveling all their skills to the max then they wonder why they can kill everything by looking at it cross-eyed.

siggy

Is there a mod out there to keep your levels low?

I was missing precisely the kind of excitement you get when you're just starting the game and everything is a danger to you. The usual solution is to start a new game.

Crispon

cmp007 you clearly have no idea what my point is so...I'm a mage!I mentioned that above but you were too busy thinking how you gonna flame!Anyway,how I'm supposed to use weaker weapon dumbass?I use spells!Even the lowest ranged spell is a serious damage dealer!Or better,my armor has 0 rating and I stopped using ebony flesh because enemies cant even reach me!So you know what you should do instead of being offensive?...GTFO of my thread!I'm polite to those who are with me,the rest please shut the door as you leave!

In any case,
Perkless in Skyrim despite my low message count ,I've been browsing this forum a long time and I've seen this project of yours about "using what you find etc" (at lease I remember it was you) and I'm definitely doing that in the next playthrough hoping it will make things a lil'better (and I will play it as the normal everyday guy who just makes a living out of what he finds)!

But at a previous warrior playthrough for instance,I really liked the looks of Daedric armor and I was like "I have to get on of these"!But as long as they are part of the game and not some kind of exploit why do they made them ruinning the game?I mean 500 armor rating with vanilla (not improved) daedric armor!?
In Oblivion ,no matter what you were wielding or what level you were or what armor you were wearing ,you would always meet an enemy that would make you turn your back on him and run like the wind!

I deny to accept this game as a successor to Oblivion!

EDIT:

I wasnt obsessed with leveling the skills,they reached smoothly 100 through usage!I play on master and from the very first minute in the game I knew that I will ruin the game through power leveling so I didnt!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
look, even if you spent 50+ hours total on the game before you got bored of it, its still 5x more i spend on most FPS games. Most you can clock in 8 hours, then spend a couple of hours playing multi and your over it. thats like 10 hours total for a $80 new game. compare that to the 50 hours you spent playing skyrim and its pretty good value for money.

Skyrim. Its not about the ending, its the journey along the way that counts.

I just dont understand it. People play skyrim with the intention of becoming the most powerful warrior/mage/assassin in the land. Once they do... they complain its too easy. wtf?

redrkt

Premium Member
WOW...as someone new to TES I find the game rather refreshing ( My forte is racing games (GT5 to be exact)) and for me this is a good change up to take out my frustrations at the end of a long day of work. AND with over 500 hrs in the game I still have not completed all the quests, For me it is just as much fun to wander around and see what you find as it is to follow a quest.

Sorry to all that have posted so far BUT I LIKE THE GAME.
as far as I can see this is a crybaby thread about how you beat the game in less than a day and now are bored and mommy and daddy won't buy you a new game.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I love Skyrim Isn't A Challenge threads!

I play as a level 1. No perks. Limited to steel armor and weapons from merchants. So far the best I've found is a nearly full suit of orcish armor and I technically wasn't supposed to get that because the area in question is off limits to characters of my level. Giants and Falmer are a challenge.

The game is what you make of it. Was it too easy? Raise the difficulty and try things differently. Everyone is obsessed with leveling all their skills to the max then they wonder why they can kill everything by looking at it cross-eyed.

But it shouldn't be like that at all. . You shouldn't have to make limimtations by yourself to make the game harder; it should be like that in the first place.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
My advice to the all the 'skyrims too easy' threads is simple. Trade in your copy of skyrim for dark souls/dark souls 2. Play that for 2-3 hours. Die 100-200 times. Trade back your copy of dark souls for skyrim. Smile at your ability to stay alive longer than 5 min periods. Done.

Tyralias

Why should it? Bethesda have always focussed on freedom, want to be o/p go for it, want to be a commoner in a world where dragons are real and death can be around the next corner, go for that too. Ultimately its a single player game, its up to "us" not Bethesda what we make of the game and its up to "us" to limit ourselves.

Just because you "can" do something, doesn't mean you "Should" see what i'm saying? Less is more, especially in Skyrim.

Shadowbane

Premium Member
have you tried adjusting the difficulty? I think it would be interesting of they gave enmys higher chance to decapitate and one hit kill, i play on adept or higher difficulty's and I die enough for the game to be interesting

Epsilon

Shaun
I personally love the game, i played Oblivion and "liked it" but with the insane work hours i have i never really got too far. Plus when i did have plenty of free time when my work hours die down some i started getting bored with oblivion cause the main story line i wasnt having fun with. I hated closing the oblivion gates, it felt repetitive. Even though i really enjoyed the side quests and exploring dungeons but eventually i found myself playing other "casual" games and even going back to WOW for awhile til Cata ruined it then went to Rift to wait for Skyrim.

From the moment i got skyrim i fell in love with it, and i still love it. Yes it may be aimed a little bit more toward casuals than the previous TES games but its still the same concept with a beautiful world and alot more to do than most games, especially for us console players. I havnt played a game yet that i can put more hours into than Skyrim. Does it have its faults? yea of course what game doesn't? Fact is its impossible to make a game that makes everyone happy.

I do agree about the leveling though, it is a little too quick and IMO professions shouldnt count toward your XP it should be different i think but who am i to criticize a few flaws that could of been different but i still love it and im going to continue to put time in it. Probably more time than ive spent on any other game in a long long time. Everyone has their opinions and Crispon you have every right not to like what they did, but the fact remains you cant please everyone. The only thing you can do is enjoy the game the way it is, or invest in another title if you dont feel you can put anymore time into it. No matter what the game is, how much DLC is released eventually everyone is going to get burned out and move on eventually just some quicker than others. Just my 2 cents on it :)

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
But it shouldn't be like that at all. . You shouldn't have to make limimtations by yourself to make the game harder; it should be like that in the first place.

Harder for who? You? Or the casual gamer that may never have picked up a controller before?

Playing intelligently and making intelligent builds will pretty much always result in an OP character late game. I can't understand why people make such a big deal out of deliberately limiting themselves in some way to make things more difficult but have no problem using a mod that does the same thing. Epsilon nailed it. You can't please everyone. So they try to please as many people as possible.

This means I can stroll around in my Daedric Armor of Unstoppable Tanking and my Legendary Sword of One-Shot Smiting laughing at giants. It's fun playing god and I enjoy being OP. If I want to mix things up a bit I have the option to do so instead of HAVING to play that way just to survive.

Crispon

First of all

RedRkt you came here to flame?Did anyone offended you in the first place?You know what?Heard something I said about shutting the door on your way out?I wont waste any more time on you...

Now Tyralias,
thank you very much,really!Your reply made something clear to me!I mean yeah,I knew already what you said but I was refusing to accept it!I mean after all it is a RPG!If you wanna roleplay a godlike character you must have the ability to do so without cheating.....And if you wanna roll a commoner as you said you should restrain yourself!
It's all about the freedom of choice and what Bethesda offers you in order yo fullfill your roleplay!

About Epsilon,

I have liked every single reply of yours in other threads and this on is not an exception!
I agree with you,partly though!

Yes,when you have soooo many people with soooo many different tastes waiting to play a game then sure thing is that you wont satisfy them all!And I also loved the game from the very first moment (in fact I was waiting for it before it even was announced) and that's why I didnt just put it aside and I'm here trying to "improve" my experience on it!

Btw shutting Oblivion gates was the most boring thing ever made in the world of TES and possibly the gaming world itself!That's why in my numerous Oblivion playthroughs I made the main questline only once just to see it and then I was that "commoner" guy mentioned above!

To sum up,thx to everyone that replied!(not the flamers)
As for me this thread is done!Any new reply is welcome but I think I figured out what I must do!
Either stay in my Mage and play god or start a new one and just be a commoner!

dbukalski

look, even if you spent 50+ hours total on the game before you got bored of it, its still 5x more i spend on most FPS games. Most you can clock in 8 hours, then spend a couple of hours playing multi and your over it. thats like 10 hours total for a $80 new game. compare that to the 50 hours you spent playing skyrim and its pretty good value for money.

what are you talking about? my friend put in 1k hours into MW2, Im at 300 hrs on BF3(3 mos since release) and Im on the low end for my clan. Some of em are around 600hrs and I saw one dude who I think shares with his roommate at 1200hrs.

Most of use put in maybe 2 hrs into the campaign because who cares about that. Its all about the multiplayer and it seems your looking at it the complete opposite way. If you dont see that multiplayer is what FPS is all about then your missing the boat

Ive put maybe 40 hrs into skyrim and Im scratching my head why continue. Thats bad value. I put way more time into every computer/console game I play. Mass effect 2, any of the final fantasies or any of the oblivion type games before it. All the civ games etc

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts