A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Having not played this game a long time, it has one thing in common with every other game I ever played....I just love taking spectacular screenshots of my "main" and using them as the background on my PC.

I would be most grateful to anyone who can suggest where they believe are the most impressive locations in Skyrim to screenshot your favorite character mounted and/or dismounted and why.

Much obliged.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Is you screen name based off of Morrigan from Dragon Age? If so that's awesome, she's my favorite video game character ever.

As for good screenshot locations - Anywhere in the Rift. There's a path off the main road on the way from Riften to Shor's Stone (right before the fort there, can't remember the name) that has some beautiful trees.

Skulli

Is you screen name based off of Morrigan from Dragon Age? If so that's awesome, she's my favorite video game character ever.

As for good screenshot locations - Anywhere in the Rift. There's a path off the main road on the way from Riften to Shor's Stone (right before the fort there, can't remember the name) that has some beautiful trees.

Thanks!

Actually, I picked Morrigan from the Crow Goddess in the Alchemyst book series. I'm heading off to the Rift now!

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Morrigan the Crow goddess from the Alchemyst series and from the Dragon Age series are both based on the original crow goddess from Celtic mythology.

Skulli

Morrigan the Crow goddess from the Alchemyst series and from the Dragon Age series are both based on the original crow goddess from Celtic mythology.

Yup! My ancestry is Scot/Irish too.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Yup! My ancestry is Scot/Irish too.
Ah another one. Yes we are everywhere with madness in our veins and a permanent predisposition to playfulness about us.

Skulli

Do you have Dawnguard? Inside the area for Fort Dawnguard is quite pretty

I'm waiting until I level a bit more first but Dawnguard is my final destination for certain.

Just curious, once I buy it, do I get some quest or something to send me to a new area and reveal it's location? Yes, I am a recovering WoW player, so this would be me best guess.

Raetac

Youtube Adventurer
You get a NPC run up to you and gives you the quest.

Your not alone when it comes to been in rehab from WoW. I lost 5 years to the game till I had to give it up. Thankfully that was easier than giving up cigarettes. Got both of those licked and I can say I have achieved two difficult tasks in life.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
It depends on what sort of screenshot you want. Skyrim has locations that offer just about any sort of screenshot you want.

Personally, I like the Rift with the Skyrim Flora Overhaul. It is GORGEOUS. link

Falkreath was always a gorgeous hold, so I recommend it as well.

Sometimes there is also just luck in getting an awesome screenshot.
link1, link2, link3, link4, link5, link6, link7, link8, link9, link10, link11, link12, link13

I also recommend you know three console commands:
tm - removes the HUD and menus; input it again to turn it off
tfc 1 - free roaming camera that also 'freezes' the game; input it again 'tfc 0' to turn it off
fov [value] - changes the field of view (used here in the last two images); type just "fov" to put it back to default

Any questions, feel free to ask; all the linked screenshots are mine.

Skulli

Thanks for that! I wish I'd been aware of `tm when I first started.

sticky runes

What about the hot springs area on the eastern part of the map (sorry I can't remember the name of the location) but it's kind of a swampy looking area with some geizers shooting out of the water. Very nice looking water effects, looks lovely during the day.

Personally, I like to take pics of my characters in torch-lit caves, because you often get nice lighting which makes 'em look sexy.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I've found the Reach to be a really beautiful place, especially around dusk and dawn. It looks really cool when the clouds are around the mountains.

Here's a link to a couple of the screenshots I took in the reach a while ago.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
It depends on what sort of screenshot you want. Skyrim has locations that offer just about any sort of screenshot you want.

Personally, I like the Rift with the Skyrim Flora Overhaul. It is GORGEOUS. link

Falkreath was always a gorgeous hold, so I recommend it as well.

Sometimes there is also just luck in getting an awesome screenshot.
link1, link2, link3, link4, link5, link6, link7, link8, link9, link10, link11, link12, link13

I also recommend you know three console commands:
tm - removes the HUD and menus; input it again to turn it off
tfc 1 - free roaming camera that also 'freezes' the game; input it again to turn it off
fov [value] - changes the field of view (used here in the last two images); type just "fov" to put it back to default

Any questions, feel free to ask; all the linked screenshots are mine.

A word of warning: If you use TFC, expect to be unable to attack once you get out of it. The only fix is to quit the game.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
A word of warning: If you use TFC, expect to be unable to attack once you get out of it. The only fix is to quit the game.

What.

Then how have I been able to take over a thousand screen shots without issue? That's entirely untrue; just input the code again and everything goes back to normal.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

What.

Then how have I been able to take over a thousand screen shots without issue? That's entirely untrue; just input the code again and everything goes back to normal.

In my experience, using TFC works fine, but once I put it in again and go back to normal I can't attack. Might not happen to everyone, but it happens to me.

Skulli

I used TFC prior to the warning here, and once I typed out of it, me and that black bear tussled just fine!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I used TFC prior to the warning here, and once I typed out of it, me and that black bear tussled just fine!

Alright, well I guess it's just me.

rittz

If you can manage to get to a high area when the aurora borealis is active, and/or when both moons are out and positioned right, I bet that would make a lovely screen shot.

Skulli

Picture a raven haired Nord in homemade daedric armor and a hawt companion in Nightingale armor on or around Shadowmere on an assassination spree for the Dark Brotherhood.

The twin moons, maybe over a wooded cemetary would be priceless!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts