• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    I cant seem to create a CC that interests me or motivates me so I doubt that I will be taking part in this RP. I wish you guys the best of luck though.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Alright. Thanks for the interest.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    OK, sorry for the lag. I've been really busy this week. My updates will be in soon. Hey Delusion, any consensus when we may start? How many spots do you need filled?

Delusional

Not a clue. I know Ponder is working on a KC for small religious society set up in either High Rock or the Summerset Isles. Apart from that, I doubt anyone else is going to apply on their own volition, so we may as well start once Ponder is all set to go.

I think I'm going to poke around a little and see if I can get some people to check this out before starting the RP.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ya, there are a lot of great people out there, some who are more than capable of joining. I'll try reaching out to a couple of my friends, and see if they are interested!

(He says enthusiastically, in order to put off that he has more friends on the forums than he really does...)

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    You guys, I swear, come up with some of the most creative things and write beautifully. I won't put up a KC because that's way out of my league. I hope I can follow this RP, because it looks amazing. Best of luck with everything, and I hope to see this RP prosper.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I didn't have the commitment to read through the entire thread, but it seems as though there are spaces available... if Argonia is available I was thinking of turning the swamp-dwelling Naga into a major Tamrielic force... if not, I'm sure I can think of something. I may just try a KC for this.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    If you do take on Black Marsh, know that our bar for that space is really high as far as doing something unique and making it make sense lore-wise. You can take a crack, but a far easier blank slate is Cyrodiil.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Well, I've done lots of characters based on the Lore of the Argonians before, using their worship of the Hist trees, their long history of conflict etc. If I remember correctly, I once played a character on a different account that was an Argonian Shaman, relying on the Hist tree's sap to fuel his visions. I think I got a little bit obsessed with Argonian lore...

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Well, you can go for it then. Remember, bonus points for really alien/unique ideas, and you'll want to claim a smaller portion of land, because eventually this RP will move on to a time farther along from the End War.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Well, the Naga are a group of 7-8ft tall black eyed, black-scaled Argonians that mostly resort to crime like raiding caravans, living in the dense inner swamps of Argonia, isolating themselves from the Imperial and Dunmer raiders, and most of the Argonian populace... would making these guys rise, expand and become a kingdom of Tamriel count as a unique idea?

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    It would, especially if you put a spin on them - like if standard Argonian civilization collapsed, and the Naga filled the vacuum, but not in one standard capacity, or at least right away; a system like High Rock, with numerous small fiefdoms, all in conflict and with different traits and values and whatnot. Just an idea.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    It seems like a good idea, but I don't think such a small populous that resorts to crime like that, and isolate themselves would take up all of the lore that Black Marsh offers. I like the idea though. Maybe, you can focus more on 2 separate peoples fighting for the land of Blackmarsh. Maybe the Naga, and the Argonians or something, with some Dunmer influence too?

I don't know much about Aronian culture and lore, so if this doesn't make sense, then just pay no mind.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Another area you could explore would be what happens if the Hist are whittled down population-wise, and maybe even if their hive-mind were turned off. As for other racial influence, it could work, but really the best opportunity is to capitalize on everything we don't know.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    There are just so many ways to go with it that it becomes difficult to narrow down my ideas and choos a path to take

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Delusional

Which is exactly why Black Marsh is a very trivial region to build a kingdom. There's so many possibilities and routes to shape a very unique kingdom, with the province's diverse lore background, that it's undoubtedly going to be difficult to create a kingdom that can properly exploit any combination of these concepts.

You can of course try for a Black Marsh kingdom, but if you can't seem to nail down a specific and interesting path, I also suggest Cyrodiil or perhaps the Summerset Isles as another, less exhaustive option for your kingdom.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I'll take it into consideration when I'm designing my kingdom

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Delusional

Alright, I've got someone working on a KC for Summerset Isles.

Is Ponder approaching the completion of his yet?

Delusional

Wonderful.