A new approach: Making your assassin more enjoyable

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Due to recent events (A sudden change in heart of not wanting to be a thief) I've decided my newest Character will Change from a life of Thieving... To a life of Killing. Now I don't know about you guys but I tend to get extremely bored with the DBH questline so I am open to suggestions on how to make this playthrough different. This is the basic layout of the character

Female Bosmer
  • A champion of Hircine as well as Namira (Thought the cannibalism thing would be a little lore friendly)
  • Wields a Simple Elven bow and Arrows ( I HATE crafting)
  • Currently Wears Savior's Hide, but once i join the DBH i will use the Shrouded armor for missions.
  • Her kills are swift and subtle, mostly going unnoticed
The part I'm open to suggestions on is I guess the RP aspect of it All. I want to implement some new aspects. One that came to mind was for the Radiant contacts I would go to the Location and Stalk the Target for a while ( Maybe even over night) and learn there patterns before taking them out. Other than that I fear I will find myself in stuck with another generic, boring, assassin. Please Give me some of your ideas as to what could help me further enjoy this lovely lady.
Thank you :)

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
You could use only illusion kills. I did this a while ago and it entertained me for a while. You can only assassinate using illusion spells. The ones I found most useful were fury and illusion. Just make sure you aren't seen casting the spell or you'll get a 40 bounty. If you really want to use bows, I feel like you might get into the generic assassin. Another idea is using crossbows instead of bows (DLC).

I don't want to tell you to change your build but, based on what you have said i found this:
http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group...22:Comment:551866&groupId=6452022:Group:48137

There are some interchangeable things in there. You could just change a couple things here and there if you wanted to. There are also some good ideas for what you could do and some "special" moves.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
the stalking part sounds cool i too have been doing the stalking thing, might i suggest go into alchemy and slip them some poison that may make thing better, or perhaps have rule where you will only kill at night so if you get there in the day you can scope out the place and see where the guards are and learn about your prey....i like kill them and take there clothing then conjure them from the dead that way people see a naked ghost walking around lol. im the creator of zombie nudist lol

jonathan90

well known member
I would say wear dragon priest masks and special magical illusion armour.:)

That's what I always wear when I am sick of the same sort of armour for an assassin type.
And not to forget other magical light armour as well,like the red guard armour.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
You could make new targets for yourself by seeking bounties from Jarls - just talk to the steward, or a city's innkeeper, they usually have bounties available that will have you kill some bandit chief or a dragon. The former is basically a hired kill so I think these would work well for assassins.

Also, along with stalking your targets, you could try to figure out who ordered the hits. I've been having fun with this in my latest Dark Brotherhood playthrough. Talk to everyone in the town your target's in. If they have a house, break in and see if there are any letters or other hints. Do any side quests you might get in relation to your target (e.g. Narfi in Ivarstead). I don't think the game actually has a set person to have ordered the hits, but it's fun to speculate.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts