• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

VolenKiller

The Idealist
i got a question. I'm doing a fan fic based on:

There was no 'you' that came along to the darkbrotherhood, and the db eventually got the contract to kill the emporer, but they got wiped out because of the oculus whatever agents. andso Sithis himeself brings the sanctified brotherhood from oblivion including lucian lachance back from the void to restore the dark brotherhood. sithis thought what better people than the people didn't die honorably in the name ofsithis. so on so forth. sorry for the spelling errors.

Do you like it/Approve of it?

Sky High

Resident of Earth and Wonderland
It sounds like a good idea, but it makes little sense because:

SPOILER

1. They only got the contract because the Dragonborn was the Listener. It was obvious that Amaud Montierre was trying keep the contract on the down low. Besides, the Dark Brotherhood gets its contracts from rumors of people doing the Black Sacrament. No one would be poking around in an old crypt to spread the rumor and if someone tried, Montierre would've had his bodyguard kill them anyway. (There are several powerful draugr outside of the door the first time you meet the two. The bodyguard can handle himself in a fight.)

2. Even if you cover up that huge plot hole by saying they found out by some other means, you still run into another big problem. The Penitus Oculatus only found the Dark Brotherhood and the Sanctuary because Astrid sold the Dragonborn out. She very clearly stated on her deathbed that she wanted things to be the way they were before the Dragonborn and Cicero came into the story. Well, Cicero would be gone at that point anyway, so she wouldn't have any reason to make a deal with the Penitus Oculatus.

SPOILER ENDS

I like the concept, but there are too many plot holes for it to make much sense. Of course, that's just me. You can still write it and all.

Epsilon

Shaun
im sure he will fill in the plot holes well, plus if he branched off a little from the actual story he could make it more original and different

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Very great point, that actually helped me a plops load and you saved me a bunch of time. But I will continue with the story, and i have a wide spread of things i can do to have the dark brotherhood destroyed since it is fan fic. ill just brainstorm/think about it .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts