A couple of archery questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dovahdream

Apologies if these have been asked before, I did have a look but couldn't see anything :
1 - How is archery damage calculated ? Is it Bow damage + arrow damage = total damage dealt
2 - Are hit locations relevant ? Do you do more damage for headshots and central chest shots than if you hit them in the leg, arm etc

I think your right Base Damage Bow + Base Damage Arrow + Archery % increase = Damage output. I found this online.....So basically it is just bow + arrow. From what I have read the Archery perks don't increase arrow damage.

And as far as I'm aware hit locations aren't a factor.....a hits a hit. But if you are a stealth archer with the relevant perks then you should be one hit killing most enemies anyway.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
1 - How is archery damage calculated ? Is it Bow damage + arrow damage = total damage dealt
No. All weapon damage is based on a formula that takes into account your weapon skill, your weapon damage perks, your weapon skill enchantments as well as the base damage and Smithing improved damage of the weapon. For Archery, the base damage of the arrow is also taken into account.

For Archery the formula is:
(bow base damage + smithing increase damage) x (1 + Archery skill/200) x (1 + (0.2 for each Overdraw perk)) x (1 + Fortify Archery enchantments) + arrow damage
2 - Are hit locations relevant ? Do you do more damage for headshots and central chest shots than if you hit them in the leg, arm etc
No. Location of the shot is irrelevant for damage mechanics in Skyrim.

Dovahdream

Thanks for the info

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts