750 gold? 1 ruby sold, wait 48 hours. YAY!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jon.fra.sim

Ok, I'm a bit tired of vendors only having 750-1000 gold.
After a good 2 hours of questing I return home to spend 30mins selling all my gear.
It's getting tedious.
Without spending perks in the speach tree (as i am lvl 44 and perks don't come fast any more) is there any way to make this easier?
Are there any vendors with high gold?

Thanks

PS. Tried to search for this topic but couldn't find much, sorry if this is a repeat of a previous question.

Mehoe123

Everyone I seen has only had around 750 except the blacksmith by the Companions building in Whiterun but he does weapons, armor, ignot, ores, lockpicks, etc. He has around 1500-3000 gold at a time.

Umbranar

Since i burn soulgems to keep my weapons charged i just go to a mage (most of the time the one in Dragonreach) buy soul gems, which increases his gold and sell my crap. Gives my only 750ish gold each time but also some nice soul gems to either enchant my gear or recharge my magic weapons.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
The one perk I highly recommend getting if you can is the speech perk that allows you to sell anything to any shop. This really helps keep the money flowing. The coin cap is still obnoxious. The blacksmith shops and characters tend to have the higher amounts of gold (~1000 or more), then the regular shop folks (~750) then everyone else. In Whiterun, I sell off with the blacksmith woman outside Warmaiden's, then inside the actual Warmaiden's shop, then into the Drunken Huntsman. It's a nice little triangle and you can get about 3000 for your stuff. There's two more shops for another 700 * 2 (General store and an alchemy shop) not far up the road. I think Whiterun is my favorite place to sell off because things are close together and my house is right there to drop stuff.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Yeah, I'm tired of people complaining about the amount of gold vendors have. Street vendors aren't rich. Period. No -vendor- is rich, or they wouldn't be a vendor. If you really don't like it, max out your speech and get the end perk. Or max out the TG's quests and when you're done all TG vendors have 4k+ gold. Or, find vendors that have merch you want, buy out their merch, then sell them all the crap you don't want. You get your money, their money, and merch you wanted. There are plenty of proactive options more useful than complaining on a forum. Sorry just bugs me how many threads I see about vendor's low amount of gold... it's like that for a reason.

Ks17

There is actually a fairly good solution to this that is much faster than what you are doing if you don't mind some slight bug abuse. Go to any vendor, sell stuff until they are out of gold. Then save your game. Now kill the vendor, then load the saved game. Once it loads, the vendor will be alive and fully restocked on gold. This is what I use when selling bulk items, hope it helps you out!

Deadhand

There is actually a fairly good solution to this that is much faster than what you are doing if you don't mind some slight bug abuse. Go to any vendor, sell stuff until they are out of gold. Then save your game. Now kill the vendor, then load the saved game. Once it loads, the vendor will be alive and fully restocked on gold. This is what I use when selling bulk items, hope it helps you out!
lol wow... first time I've heard of this... always amuses me the creative ways people find to get around limitations in games. :)

Ks17

lol wow... first time I've heard of this... always amuses me the creative ways people find to get around limitations in games. :)

Might I add though that I've only done this on PS3, have no idea if it will work on PC or Xbox. No harm in anybody trying though ;P

Deadhand

Might I add though that I've only done this on PS3, have no idea if it will work on PC or Xbox. No harm in anybody trying though ;P
You'd think it would; as it is a game function, the character being dead resetting their gold when alive would be coded the same, in my opinion. Oh well I'm sure we'll find out. Actually I can check on PC right now, screw this class, it's boring. Haha.