Spoiler 43rd level conclusions : werewolves = false

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SaveVsBedWet

Have no choice at this point. Hear talk of them on the boards. Even saw a video on Youtube. Heard a few characters, including one from the main quest, are werewolves. Yet in 43 levels of traveling, I've never seen a single werewolf in were form.

This is obviously yet another disinformation campaign begun by The Collective, also known by their previous name, "Headquarters", to rob my character of any respect she's gained from pitching Alduin's dignity in the gutter by making her look like some sort of gibbering paranoid conspiracy theorist, and ultimately, a joke told in snickering whispers in the dimly lit corners of inns all across Skyrim. Not cool Overlords. Quite uncool, in fact.

K-Hund

ive seen just one so far. I forgot his name :sadface:
Its the quest where u have to kill the beast for the hunter-god

Necromis

You know besides within the compainion quests I have not seen another werewolf either with well over 100 hours played. Granted the vamps I have come across have been minor wimps so far, but still you would expect to see more lycins.

Swordsmansmith

well theres a daedric quest with one and i found a book about werewolves in skyrim. The only time to see one out in the wild is at night usually in wooded areas. I fast travel a lot and dont usually travel on foot at night. But as far as I can tell theyre out there but townspeople will kill them on sight so its not like vampires where they blend in.

Necromis

yeah but think about the thief random encounters in Riften, why couldn't you see someone rampage thru town and get killed in beast form.

Swordsmansmith

Why does it matter? If you want to be/fight werewolves join the companions or do Hircine's quest. If you let the werewolf in the cage out at the silverhand's tower it attacks you.

Necromis

just atmosphere, you know like that one thread where the guy actually followed the prisoner he released all the way back to his home. Little things like that make this game great, and sometimes things are missing, like this.

Wraith

I've only run into a werewolf on the roads once. It was in the mountains between Dawnstar and Whiterun (I was trying to find a path between the two).

If you havent run into one yet, consider yourself lucky. I heard the howl, looked for a wolf and then got torn to shreds in a matter of seconds when this thing leapt out at me. This particular character was the most overpowered one I had for that level (36) and was literally laughing as he chopped down any enemy he came across. The werewolf tore him apart like that legendary Dragonbone plate armor was tissue paper.

SaveVsBedWet

Im not sure if you're trolling or what? Have you done the companions questline? Ive seen several...

You're not sure if I'm trolling? Is that because of the humor at the bottom? Would it ease things any if I were gravely serious instead?

I've not seen a single were of any sort since I clicked play on Nov. 11th despite 3.5 hours a day average, 43 levels and only 15% or less fast traveling. I haven't even started the companions quest. What happens now? I get beaten to death by a 36 hit dice Bethesda bathroom attendant and then Windows uninstalls itself?

I did allude to hearing about a werewolf character in a quest in my original post, as well as seeing one encounter on Youtube. I fail to see how that lends anything to an understanding of why I haven't seen a single additional werewolf on the continent I've been traveling in 2 months actual time. Thought I'd see if anyone else had had that experience. Who was to say some monsters simply don't show up much if at all at any level of difficulty below Master? Maybe that was it, since I play one level below Master? U mad?

.. Granted the vamps I have come across have been minor wimps so far...

Wo!
On my first playthorough I found Haemer's Shame on my own (long before running into the dog) as a low level character and got diced in fractions by the Master Vamp in there. Obviously you haven't been under-leveled in any of your vampire encounters.

I've only run into a werewolf on the roads once. It was in the mountains between Dawnstar and Whiterun (I was trying to find a path between the two).

If you havent run into one yet, consider yourself lucky. I heard the howl, looked for a wolf and then got torn to shreds in a matter of seconds when this thing leapt out at me. This particular character was the most overpowered one I had for that level (36) and was literally laughing as he chopped down any enemy he came across. The werewolf tore him apart like that legendary Dragonbone plate armor was tissue paper.

Thanx for the heads up. I never knew this could happen.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Werewolves are awesome. Skyrim should be filled with were-bears other lycanthropes... It's a damn shame that werewolves are only quest-related. Random encounters would be awesome.

Stickeesox

Or as they say in France, Stickeesox.
lol, avoid all vampire quests and guess what you probably won't find..
I just wish it were the same for those damn dragons. You know, you can't find em when youre looking for em, and theyre always spamming fire and frost spells on you when youre just trying to have a nice stroll through a winter wonderland cuz its 80 degrees outside. IS that TOO godDAmn Much to ask For!?

Perhaps I'll try askin' a question first.

Iceman_mat

Your trying to find a roaming creature, that probably comes out in moonlight, in an open world sandbox game....

Needle meet haystack.

Also from what i'm to understand one can not become a werewolf unless they become one of the campaions inner circle...

Seems the reason for them not roaming has been explained =/

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Your trying to find a roaming creature, that probably comes out in moonlight, in an open world sandbox game....

Needle meet haystack.

Also from what i'm to understand one can not become a werewolf unless they become one of the campaions inner circle...

Seems the reason for them not roaming has been explained =/

During the Silver Hand mission, you encounter a dead werewolf in the closet of the Silver Hand headquarters (sorry its been a bit since I've done companion quests), in which Aela says "From the smell, this doesn't appear to be one of ours." Also, there is a book about Lycanthropy in which the author claims to have found, captured, and performed experiments on werewolves in both human and werewolf form. So there are hints that werewolves are out there, but I have never encountered one (first time I saw a troll I thought it was a werewolf until I got closer).

Iceman_mat

During the Silver Hand mission, you encounter a dead werewolf in the closet of the Silver Hand headquarters (sorry its been a bit since I've done companion quests), in which Aela says "From the smell, this doesn't appear to be one of ours." Also, there is a book about Lycanthropy in which the author claims to have found, captured, and performed experiments on werewolves in both human and werewolf form. So there are hints that werewolves are out there, but I have never encountered one (first time I saw a troll I thought it was a werewolf until I got closer).

Needle meet haystack.

-Cheers

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
lol I was just adding on to what you were saying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts