PC 400k Gold Chest Question (Youtube video)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I would assume this person is playing on PC, based on the camera showing their Asus monitor throughout the video. And through this assumption, I can also assume the player simply used ~ to open the command console, and typed in player.additem f 400000 . Or somehow legitimately harvested that much gold, then deposited it into that random chest wherever the person was, exited the room, started the video, entered the room and "found" the gold there. That does not exist in any way in the vanilla game without cheating.

EatsCookies

Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to know if that much gold existed in vanilla. I have no desire to have that much gold, and I don't even know what a command console is. (a mod?)
I am trying to think of how to get rid of it. it's so tempting!

Wicked

Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to know if that much gold existed in vanilla. I have no desire to have that much gold, and I don't even know what a command console is. (a mod?)
I am trying to think of how to get rid of it. it's so tempting!
Save in another slot take it and put it in a cheast you own and only use it like an ATM..... its only cash shouldn't hurt anything there is no limit to gold

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Yeah can't believe anything from the PC gamers They are more hackers than gamers If you watch the trim on the Monitor you can see him balancing a laptop working the keyboard

I take offense at the term hacker.
I don't hack at all.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Console commands can be performed by any player who has Skyrim for PC. You hit the ` ~ key at the top left of the keyboard under Esc. It brings up a menu with a blank flashing cursor. This area you can enter in any number of commands to augment your game.

So is that your video? Or do you have that gold in your game also? The only thing I can think is that it's happening from a mod you have installed if you didn't put it there yourself.

EatsCookies

Console commands can be performed by any player who has Skyrim for PC. You hit the ` ~ key at the top left of the keyboard under Esc. It brings up a menu with a blank flashing cursor. This area you can enter in any number of commands to augment your game.

So is that your video? Or do you have that gold in your game also? The only thing I can think is that it's happening from a mod you have installed if you didn't put it there yourself.

Must be a mod. I sure as hell didnt put it there. its my video, i just started and I love it! thanks for the replies.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I take offense at the term hacker.
I don't hack at all.
Hacker is such a misused term and it's meaning has changed so much. Basically anyone who modifies, re-purposes, or manipulates flaws or bugs in software to achieve a desired, yet unintended by the developer, result or designs software to exploit bugs or flaws in other software is a hacker, not inherently a problem but some are which are referred to as crackers, which are what most people think of when they think of a hacker, destructive, virus making, password swiping, credit card steal, no good scum. Or that's the original meaning of the terms at least. The difference is intent and goal. Hackers create or try to progress technology, crackers cause damage and abuse. I hack openly, I don't however commit malicious or illegal acts, which makes me a hacker not a cracker.

But back to my point, if you use or make mods you are -barely- hacking. I wouldn't take offence to the term hacker, unless it was used in place of the term cracker.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts