• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Voodoo_uk2

Are you a Full on IN UR FACE BUDDY !! or more of a WHAT DO YOU MEAN its Behind me ? type of player....We want to know

Voodoo_uk2

I started off in 3rd person upto about level 30 - 40 now im 1st person its definitely a much better experience for me i do miss a hell of a lot ill admit but i spend more time on a quest rather than sailing through with no hiccups its only bad when i get Fus Ro Dah'd as it spins me out and my bearings are pretty much non existent also hitting followers with stray arrows has been cut down immensely if your going 1st person id recommend Surround sound

For example if you cant find that chain or lever to get you out the quick exit way when your happily running back the way you came thinking youve cleared the place but have missed a cpl of Druagr and you turn the corner and Boom loool or a spiked wall trap with a well hidden trigger thats soo funney in first person ...click Uh-Oh

Saozig

Hippy
I use both depending on the situation. I used to only play in 3rd person because I didn't like the 1st person view. it's taken some time forme to get used to 1st person view in this game, although I like it for traveling, hunting, and general going about exploring or interacting.

Unlike most FPS games, Skyrim doesn't have a little miniscreen in the corner to help you gauge your orientation and relative position to NPCs and whatnot--nor do I particularly want one, as cluttered screens is one reason I hate FPS. But there's a kind of sensory blindness there, with sensing your orientation, balance and proximity to other things that can't really be recreated by the game. If you have surround sound, yeah, that would help, but I don't so it's hard to tell when someone's behind me and if it's a draugr or a goat or my follower.

So I often rely on 3rd person in combat although I also will toogle inbetween while fighting, depending on what I need to do. If I have to manuever around a tight area or dance between several enemies, I'd go into 3rd. Also if there's a chance my follower might dash right in front and end up getting killed by my blow, I stay in 3rd person (I'll also do 3rd person for bar brawls because I always hit somene I'm not suppose to when in 1st person). But otherwise I try to do more 1st person in combat as it more intense. For sniping I often use 1st person too.

I'll also fall back on 3rd person for better advance views when coming around corners, especially when I'm sneaking.

Voodoo_uk2

Yeah i totally agree with that and im glad they put the option to switch back an fourth this game is to be enjoyed by everyone who is into rpg and those who are newbies like me but im so used to 1st P now that i find too many problems with 3rd lool its like the other way round for me i kind of adapted to it i know it takes a lot of aggravating time to get used to way to long i only stuck with it as i was in 1st mode fighting a Hag Raven an she threw so many fireballs at me i backed off a bridge an fell to my death and i would assume that would have prolly happened if i was in skyrim for real...that was it i was hooked to getting used to it it took me 4 attempts in 1st P to beat her , the 2nd time i went back i was in 3rd P but beat her way to easy so i went back the rest of the times in 1st P i regarded any mistakes made as ones i would have made realistically ( Well as real as you can get with this game obviously ) and then once i beat her i held her up in the air shouted "DOVAKIIIIIIIIIIIN " and threw her off the Bridge

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
1st person in combat .
3rd in town or walking around.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Both, more of the 1st person for me

KD.

I only go to 3rd person when I want to look at how pretty my character is.
I don't know why I love 1st person so much, but I couldn't imagine playing it any other way. Which is strange, because generally I find 1st person views annoying in most games. I guess it just feels more intense.

Voodoo_uk2

I only go to 3rd person when I want to look at how pretty my character is.
I don't know why I love 1st person so much, but I couldn't imagine playing it any other way. Which is strange, because generally I find 1st person views annoying in most games. I guess it just feels more intense.

Exactly the same here KD most other games do not even come close to how Bethesda have made this 1st person view work for me the amount of times ive jumped out of my skin due to this view is unreal i will admit it does need some tweaking here and there but im not grumbling ive even looked behind me for real at some points it was that bad ( Surround sound is da bomb )

Reactions: KD.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
3rd person. I like it more that way.

I switch to 1st person when using my bow.

it's nice that you are able to choose :D

I go back, and forth, depending on if I'm aiming (A bow, or spells) at a distance, or slogging it out in he middle of the melee. Especially with my Flame Cloak/2H combo, it really helps to see the ones around, and beside you so you can make sure the maximum number of mobs are in the AoE, so 3PoV. However, arrows tend to clip on the edges of the bitmap whenever you're shooting over low cover, or downward from above. If you zoom in, you can look over, and this doesn't happen as maddeningly often. Eagle Eye also fills your frame with your quiver, and the back of your head, which doesn't really help you see who you're actually shooting at, unless you're in 1PoV.

1st Person Shooter, 3rd Person Fighter. There's reasons why these are industry standards.

Vaga8ond

Depends. In caves or anywhere where there isn't alot of space and movement I'll switch to first person as the camera is obstructed as much. If i'm out int open 3rd person all the way. Melee characters are even more often 3rd person view as I hate the animation in 1st person for melee swings.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
I always stick to 3rd unless I'm in combat. I didn't spend a good half hour or so making my character look smexy just to see my sword swinging.

SuckaaPunch

I usually go 1st person, feels a lot more immersive for me. If I get some new threads I'll usually switch to 3rd person for a little bit, just to make sure I don't look ridiculous...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts