OOC {18+} Mist and Shadows

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Sorry for holding you up, you guys can all go on ahead and find a way to introduce me later if I get accepted, that way you don't wait for me and if you don't like it you haven't wasted your time

willowwisp

Shaded, I liked your description of the things capturing people, but aren't they a little different from what we came across in WLITD?

Aethalia

True, but we've discussed it, and Shaded and I decided there are different sub-groups of one type. More specifically, the ones in WLITD were scouts. Tough, with longer claws, and a few other differences. These ones are more mass-warrior types.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Should I have Marek go down to the inn and join the others? Or are they all going to be in the keep at some point to talk to the Jarl?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Sometime today or tomorrow I'll have my char. show up, then the rest of you will be called up to the keep. So just sit tight, Marek.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Name: Berron the Bloody
    Nicknames: The Bloody, Boethiah's Butcher
    Race: Breton
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 161lbs
    Birthplace: Dawnstar, Skyrim
    Laterality: Ambidextrous, favours right hand
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Religion: The Divines
    Affiliations: None
    Afflictions: None
    Dialogue Colour: ???

Appearance

Eyes: Dark brown, wide
    Hair: Black, shoulder-length, wavy
    Face: His face is thin and bony, his nose is round and small, his brow is low and his jaw is wide.
    Skin: Pale, but not too pale.
    Scars: None
    Build: He is quite large and well built, having developed a considerable amount of muscle whilst working Cindha Mine.

Personality

Positive Traits: Intelligent, strong, wilful and a talented healer.
    Negative Traits: Slightly mad, manipulative, deceitful, rarely obeys rules, sadistic.
    Dislikes: Most people, Jarls, prison
    Fears: Going back to prison
    Ambitions: None

Equipment

Attire: Berron never dresses in anything more than simple woollen robes. He wears knee length black boots, black fingerless gloves and his robes are grey with black trims around the sleeves and hood.
    Weapons: Berron is not much of a fighter. He carries a small iron dagger, but other than that carries no weapons. His main fighting methods are using illusion magic to manipulate others into fighting for him, or conjuring allies to do his fighting.

Backstory:

Berron was born into a family of Bretons living in Dawnstar, the fourth child and second son in the family. His father, a miner in the town, had already died in a minor cave-in in Ionbreaker mine, leaving him with no father figure for the majority of his childhood. As a result, at home he was taught how to cook, and was taught basic alchemy by his 14 year old sister, an apothecary's apprentice. He was 9 and his sister 17 when their mother remarried, this time to a sailor. His step-father was cruel and nasty, beating the children when they misbehaved and even when they didn't. Berron grew bitter and angry, but had no way of releasing it until Berron went on a hunting trip with his best friend and his father. He was not a good shot at all, and himself only managed a squirrel in the four days, but worryingly he loved watching them die. After the trip he would set traps in the evening and sneak out early the next morning, and if his traps had caught anything, he would spend his time dissecting them alive, in an attempt to discover more about what really went on inside them.

One morning as he snuck back in, his step-father had awoken early and discovered him. The beating left him with four broken ribs, a broken nose, a bruised eye socket and several missing teeth. His step-father swore that he had fallen down the stairs. As soon as Berron had recovered, his step-father offered to take him hunting. Berron knew it would be an attempt to get rid of him, and he went anyway.

On the trip, Berron watched the man endlessly for any sign of an attempt against him. They found a bear on the second day, and Berron hatched a plan. He set up a trap, or so told his step father, with the intention of luring the beast, but as his father crept up on it, Berron purposefully fell from his perch in the tree, waking the beast and sealing his step-father's fate. He laughed in delight as it tore him to bloody shreds in front of him. He knew he could not go back to Dawnstar, so instead he headed to Solitude. When he arrived at the gates splattered with his step-father's blood, allegedly with no recollection of his previous surname, they simply branded him 'Berron the Bloody'. As a sweet 11 year old boy, all of his anger and hatred released, he was at peace with himself once again. He charmed his way around the townsfolk and managed a free room at the inn, with food from the market. Once 14 he took up apprenticeship at Solitude's apothecary. He learned mostly how to cure diseases and treat wounds, and at 18 he began work at the Hall of the Dead in Solitude, as a Doctor. His methods were unorthodox to say the least; most healers were of magic, whilst Berron healed of needle and thread and serum. He excelled as healer, but he felt a hunger growing inside him that he had not felt in years.

A bloodlust rose back to the surface stronger than ever before. Now 21, a healer for 3 years, having saved dozens of lives, Berron began to purposefully let patients die just for the enjoyment of watching them pass. And, once they were dead, he would sneak down to the crypts at night and dissect the human corpses. What he say fascinated him, and he wanted more. He began taking parts from the bodies, organs and limbs, and experimenting on them. He practiced mainly what poisons he could use to destroy a certain organ or muscle, so that of anyone ever wronged him he could destroy them in the most painful and discreet way possible. He was discovered at 27 years old and cast out of the hall, put before the Jarl. He was sentenced to 8 years of labour in Cindha Mine.

On his first day Berron stabbed a Nord man to death with a shiv. He cut the man up and continued his experiments. Many of the residents thought that he was a cultist of Boethiah, and that was why he was in the mine, and he had taken the man away to eat him. So from day one, he earned the title of Boethiah's Butcher. During his 8 years Berron killed 17 men. The Butcher was feared and respected in equal measure. He had grown immensely strong, one killing a man by punching him in the jaw, dislocating his skull. However, he still lacked the co-ordination to be proficient in combat, but his nature scared all from seeing if they could best him.

Once released, Berron took up working as a steward to a wealthy noble in Markarth. At 35 years old he had hoped his life would settle down and things would become peaceful. But the Noble tortured and beat him, and Berron became bloody for a whole different reason. After 2 years of abuse and serving, Berron finally killed the man in cold blood as he slept, slashing his throat with a shard of glass and burning the body. Berron was captured again, and is waiting in confinement to be bought before the Jarl to decide on his punishment.

Had to do all of this on my iPod so I'm sorry, there'll probably be a lot of grammatical errors but I'll sort them out once I am home.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    CC is accepted. Pick a colour and post an intro.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Ok, I will, it's my 5 year old cousin's birthday today and we're going out for lunch at 3 then cpming back for the evening so it may be tomorrow if that's okay?

Pufftuff

Ok so checking in should be active later tonight between my birthday doctors appointments and a funeral. I've been quite overwhelmed, like I said expect me by tonight.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Okay, I'm sorry we've been held up for so long, guys, @Aethalia, can you post please? I don't want to leave anyone behind.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    That's okay. I just want to get us out of Markarth and on the road. Also, @willowwisp, can you post as well?

willowwisp

Of course I can. One post coming up!

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Okay, thanks for posting, people! Going to get my post up, then the group'll leave Markarth.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Okay, so I've had the jarl give the briefing. I think the first port of call should be a nameless village where the group hunts around for clues. Just a thought.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Not right away. Probably once we get close to or inside the Dark Seneschals hidden keep.

Aethalia

Sounds good. I was wondering if we should have a sort of 'lord' type character for each hold? I mean, we have Azeraile for Windhelm, and the Dark Seneschal for Markarth. What about the others?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    That could be interesting, but when would we come across them? I kind of want this one to stick in Markarth hold.

Aethalia

Okay. Maybe in Dusk or Nightfall then? Or we could make a whole sort of origin RP where people play the part of the lords? Perhaps?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts