• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Well, I used the clip more to show that the change from their normal...figures(?) to flight was more casual, rather than elaborate and drawn out. They don't actually change into giant, musclebound beasts with dagger-teeth. It's...hard to explain.

Vamire_by_ines_ka.jpg

Maybe this'll help. When they take flight, they keep the same shape as they normally are, plus wings. Also: See how her body is kind of blurred? Same with my vampires. They have a sort of shadowy aura around them when in flight/ transforming into their flight forms.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Like a bat version of the angle dude (name escapes me) from X-men 3?

What about something akin to the mist form the Death Eaters (harry potter) had in the films? Less vampiric, but it would segregate your vamps from the Vampire Lords.

Baneloth

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Yeah, kind of like the mist from the death eaters I suppose. Anyways, Bane, glad you're back. Post when you can.

Baneloth

I'll try to get something up soon.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Madrar, I've been reading a little of Origins and I have to say, I'm impressed. Salthar kind of reminds me of Thrawn. He's a very strategically minded individual. And the way he seems to get people like this Lucius fellow to want to work for him. Question though. What's going to happen with Aliah and Averaine? I wouldn't classify Averaine or Aliah as big fans of Molag Bal, but he's not part of Salthars group either.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    You ever work Simus into this? You asked for my permission to use him once upon a time.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Question; I get that the Bloodlet Throne vampires oppose Bal, but how come? Does Salthar have a history with the Daedric Prince (it wasn't mentioned on your wiki)? Most Vamps probably don't care. For example, those at Hamaers shame worship Clacius Vile (I plan to incorporate them into a fanfic of my own).

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Thanks, Drahkma. Salthars very much like Thrawn, from what I've read about him in the books and Wookieepedia. Salthar likes his battles one before they start, but he's not afraid to fight if it comes to it. Or retreat when in a bad situation. As for Aliah and Averaine...well, Salthar isn't about to go all "inferior beings! I shall eliminate you!" But I have post planned where he speaks with Lucius about them. Let's just say, Lucius isn't too pleased his lord is travelling with a pair of vampires that may very well try to kill him.

You ever work Simus into this? You asked for my permission to use him once upon a time.

Honestly, I've been trying to think of a place for Simus to come into the story. Without much success so far. I don't want to ruin the history we have for them from What Lurks in the Dark to here, but I might include him in a chapter soon. What was he up to in the first couple months of the war? Perhaps he notices a dip in Falkreath holds populace?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Question; I get that the Bloodlet Throne vampires oppose Bal, but how come? Does Salthar have a history with the Daedric Prince (it wasn't mentioned on your wiki)? Most Vamps probably don't care. For example, those at Hamaers shame worship Clacius Vile (I plan to incorporate them into a fanfic of my own).

Doesn't it? I swear I wrote something about it, but that may have been my imagination. Short version? It has to do with what happened to his wife. I know I wrote she was murdered, but the whole story is a little more gruesome. So, keeping to the 'short'. Bal finds out about a small group of vampires, Salthar, his wife, and brother, who don't follow his ways. In Falkreath, he has a small following. Rough types, all of 'em Nords. Eventually, they end up ambushing his wife, and carve her up, during the day, obviously. They're still patting themselves on the back for getting the job done. Salthars returning from some Thalmor business, finds them. I'll expand on it in Origins, in some flashbacks, and on the wiki.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Yikes.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Shame that died. Based on the timeline, that was set to be quite the action-packed story. Speaking of which, Why did the Blight go for Riverwood? Nowhere near any Dwemer ruins....

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I think they possibly just came out of the mountains as well? Sort of like goblins in LOTR. Riverwood was more a target of opportunity than anything.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Thanks, Drahkma. Salthars very much like Thrawn, from what I've read about him in the books and Wookieepedia. Salthar likes his battles one before they start, but he's not afraid to fight if it comes to it. Or retreat when in a bad situation. As for Aliah and Averaine...well, Salthar isn't about to go all "inferior beings! I shall eliminate you!" But I have post planned where he speaks with Lucius about them. Let's just say, Lucius isn't too pleased his lord is travelling with a pair of vampires that may very well try to kill him.

Honestly, I've been trying to think of a place for Simus to come into the story. Without much success so far. I don't want to ruin the history we have for them from What Lurks in the Dark to here, but I might include him in a chapter soon. What was he up to in the first couple months of the war? Perhaps he notices a dip in Falkreath holds populace?

A couple months into the war Simus would be in "Protect Alice and himself while killing Thalmor mode." He and the family were chased out of Cyrodiil a couple of weeks before Torygg was murdered so during Origins Simus would have his post in The Reach. A fort serving as a Stormcloak base of operations against Imperial and Thalmor interests, and against the Foresworn as a way of getting local support.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I could use that, perhaps. In my next chapter, Salthar recieves a letter from Elenwen summoning him to the Thalmor embassy. They could discuss Simus escape from Cyrodiil, and she could 'request' that he send someone to take care of him and Alice. Maybe I could have Salthar and Ondolemar meet up, though I won't have Salthar go after Simus directly, if I do.

Baneloth

Okay, I posted. Donath basically just summed up what went on in What Lurks in the Dark. Without mentioning those Blight creatures, since it's not very likely a mercenary would just believe him.

Baneloth

.......seriously? What the fluff. I posted about an hour ago, now I can't see it. Please tell me someone else can.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I can't see your post on my PC or my phone. I'm sorry Bane.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I can't see it either,sorry. It'll probably pop up randomly.

Baneloth

Damn. Well, hopefully the site fixes itself. I know this isn't the first time it's happened.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Ah, I can see it now. Gotta get some sleep now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts