• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

AirshipCircus

The Duct-Taped Jack of Hearts
    Ma'Nchitar wasn't surprised when he heard screaming coming from the upper mines. "An Orsimer-bitch. Perhaps the one who tried to steal Ma'Nchitar's favorite skeever pelt, hmm?" He pocketed the lepids and began to half roll/half drag his cart loaded with ebony up the rocky path towards the lighter area of the mine. He hadn't felt this strong for a while. Not near what he had been used to in the old days yet better than what he had been experiencing for a long time. He couldn't even complain too badly from the soot in the rock of the deep mines.

He coughed. "Scratch that last thought. Still better than usual." He figured it must have been the magic that girl had used on him the night before. He wasn't sure what would drive someone to do such a thing here. She had spoken of a "dear friend" that she knew. Ma'Nchitar hoped she wasn't looking for recognition. Contrary to popular belief, not all Khajiit knew each other. "Do'Jhar." He said aloud, spooking the person next to him.

"The 'ell was that for!?" Said an indignant, yet smooth and oddly attractive little voice. Dar'Jhirr turned, and saw no one. He raised an eyebrow and set down the cart. "You blind, then? Right here ya big fetcher." There was no one there that Ma'Nchitar could see. He turned his head every which way to find the source of the noise. This part of the shaft was empty except for him and his cart. The patrol wouldn't be here for another 80 seconds. Plus, there was something familiar about this sound.

"Who is there? This one has heard your voice before..." Ma'Nchitar looked around frantically. Nothing, he was sure of it. Then he felt a pain in his shin.

"Oy! Look down ya bleedin' furball horker!" Ma'Nchitar did as he was told, and met eyes with a very short Khajiit lady. His ever-raising eyebrow began threatening to disappear into his mane. She was attractive, even if she didn't come up much further at all than his waist. Everything was sized just perfectly in proportion, though. As if she had been scaled down just right. Ma'Nchitar was taken aback. Usually the bipedal Khajiit weren't this short unless they were Dagi-Raht, more humanlike. The Khajiit was a little aroused in spite of himself. They stared at each other for a couple seconds, then it hit him.

"Mi'Jhaka?" She cocked her head to the side in a quizzical look.

"Haven't been called that for years." The her eyes widened. "Black? C-Captain...Black?" The female jumped up, wrapped her arms around Ma'Nchitar's neck and kissed him "That's for the night in Sentinel.". Then, she dropped down and slapped him (a surprising feat considering the size difference). The Khajiit stepped back, dazed and confused. "And that was for the morning in Sentinel!"

"You tried to kill Ma'Nchitar!"

"You made yourself a target!" Ma'Nchitar forced a hand over her mouth, shushing her muffled cries of anger. There were footsteps coming from down the hall.

"Pile your load into the cart and follow Khajiit, quick." She growled but did what he said, and they continued up the path to the drop-off for ebony.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    "And what would you want in exchange for these 'things'? And I can assume decent food is on my list of things to choose from, correct?" Silvertongue began to explain as Carina returned to mining. "There is a rare mineral found near ebony veins called Lepiditte. The Lepiditte ore is generally already quite small, but is broken into pieces about this big." Cyrus held up his hand to demonstrate. As Cyrus looked up, he saw guards taking another inmate just on the other side of Carina. I'd better make this quick. "Those pieces are called Lepids and are the currency in Drahonnal. They can get you sex from certain people. Personal protection from others, and in my unique case, outside-world items."

Cyrus was usually very good at reading people. A gift for being in 'the business' for so long I guess. And if he was correct, the expression on Carina's face was of great interest. It was these types of interactions that reminded the redguard of his days running The Hegathe Princes. Business, trading and the personal involvement with his clients always interested Silvertongue more than the 'dirty' side of his illegal crime syndicate such as intimidation, torture and the forcing of drug dependency.

Although, if truth be told, I loved that side of it too...

"Decent food in this place is near impossible I'm sorry to tell you, Carina. Without telling you the intimate details of my process in here, food is one of those things that usually goes off before they can be distributed." His pickaxe strike accidentally hit the ebony directly in the middle of the ore and the axe rebounded backwards almost taking out the aging man's eye. "fl*ff me!" Cyrus threw the axe to the ground in anger. He than took a deep breath and turned to young lady. "What was I saying-oh that's right... um venison or beef jerky is usually popular. Easy to hide and you can eat it through the day. Also baby carrots are cheap and easy... I don't know what to tell you, I haven't got a menu!" Cyrus, still shaken from the ricochet, was starting to lose patience.

Cyrus bent down and picked up his pickaxe, as he stood up, he saw two guards purposefully striding towards Carina. In a low voice he quickly stated; "Good luck and assume no one has ratted you out."

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Raenn hadn't wasted any time to ask Jaxx what had just happened in the torture room. After sweeping the blood out of his lips and rubbing his sore back that had been tormented by a wooden mace, he spoke up, quietly as usual, to avoid catching the guards' ears while they took one of the new bloods, in fact, the guilty, threatening one, to the torture room as well. "You see, a rapist was murdered yesterday, and Nyvis wants to find who did it." Then a question a lot simpler came. "What'd they do to you?" Jaxx lifted his rags that covered his back, showing a little cuts and a few bruises. "They want answers... at any price. Even if it means using the lash..." As she dug deeper in her ore, a shiny, gummish ore fell before her feet. Really? She gets it before me? Awww... "And what's this?" Raenya asked, as she picked it up. "Well... that's Lepiditte... It can be cut in chips for currency in Drahonnal, according to what I heard, called Lepids. That ore can go for about 3 of them, compared to the ones I have seen during the night being traded's size." Jaxx sighed, trying to rip a medium sized ore out of the wall, to get the privilege of drinking water and quench the thirst that had been haunting him since the night before. "I'd advice using it wisely... It can go for about one or two purchases..."

------------------------------------------------------------
    Another prisoner entered the interrogation room, with brown hair, and ice blue eyes. "And this is?!" She hissed to the guard, who rushed himself to somehow find the name in the endless list of his mind. To his luck, this prisoner had arrived a day before, and he was able to remember her name without much trouble. "Carina of Helgen," Nyvis nodded to him, allowing him to breathe of relief, and turned to her host. "So, Carina," She said, aggressively, walking around her like a wolf corners its prey. "What happened to Rythe?!"

(...)
    The prisoner finally came out of the chamber, a feat not everyone in Drahonnal could accomplish, and another man would come taking her place, before a hasty guard walked to the chambers and interrupeted Nyvis' duty. "Miss Nyvis..." She hated being interrupted, almost as much as she hated rapists like Rythe. As an usual interaction towards her guards, she roared back at him. "What?!" The man trembled, in fear, almost taking a step away from his boss. "Th- there's a man outside, claiming to be Jarl Elisif's courier..." Nyvis gazed at the next prisoner that would have entered if not for the courier, and concluded, trying to cool down her eyes back into brown. "You take the plunge in the interrogation, I will see what that d*ckhead wants!"

After a quick dash through the weak and terrified prisoners that were mining ebony, Nyvis came out of the mine and adjusted her eyes to the light, just before finally noticing a man in fine silk clothes, with a scroll in his left hand, in quite good state compared to most, accompanied by two imperial guards. "I-m ordered... to read this... to you..." Instead of saying anything, she simply growled, and awaited to learn what that annoying woman wanted this time. "Nyvis,
    I, Jarl Elisif..." Nyvis then chose to interrupt the man, angrily as usual, to remind him about the conditions of her agreement, as if he had interferred with the letter. "Wait! Whatever that is, I own Drahonnal like a Jarl owns its hold, they can't take me out of here." The scaredy man nodded, and gulped before reading, giving Nyvis a first sign of how the letter would hold unpleasant news. "Nyvis,
    I, Jarl Elisif, feel the need to warn you that the Imperials have won the civil war some months ago, and I have taken my duty, as High Queen. While it is true that you have the right to rule over Drahonnal without my influence as a Jarl, you still obey me as a High Queen. I am aware about the cruelties your prisoners suffer, and their pain has haunted me ever since I gave you Drahonnal. While our concordat claims you will always have the right to be in charge of the prisoners in Drahonnal, and never be taken away from the prison, it never specified if anyone was allowed to be above you. So in order to avoid breaking both our contract and human rights, I will put Drahonnal for sale, and whoever will buy it, shall be the new jailmaster of Drahonnal, being you, their assistant.
    Jarl Elisif."

"What?!" Nyvis anger had reached such a level that her eyes were glowing to a new level of yellow instead of golden orange. "Give me that!" She ripped the paper from his shaking hands and read through the dark finely written words hastily. "Get... out... of my... prison!" The courier and his guards obeyed, and half-walked, half-ran their way out, often looking back at the fuming viper they had poked. Nyvis angrily walked back inside, to her room, wrinkled the paper as hard as she could, and yelled into the air, almost like a Dragonborn, loud enough to be heard in the mines and below. "That b*tch!" She then took a few seconds to calm down, as silence took over the prison following her scream. Trying to calm herself down, Nyvis took off her armor, and stumbled to the sauna, where she sat for a while, her seemingly-long-gone human tears mixing with the vapors that moisted her skin and relaxed her muscles.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "There is a rare mineral found near ebony veins called Lepiditte. The Lepiditte ore is generally already quite small, but is broken into pieces about this big." Silvertongue explained, showing the relative size with his fingers. "Those pieces are called Lepids and are the currency in Drahonnal. They can get you sex from certain people," (No thanks) "Personal protection from others," (Possibly useful, but I'm usually the one doing the protecting) "and in my unique case, outside-world items." Aha! Now I'm definitely interested... Carina thought as he explained the delicate economics of Drahonnal.

"Decent food in this place is near impossible I'm sorry to tell you, Carina. Without telling you the intimate details of my process in here, food is one of those things that usually goes off before they can be distributed." Carina nodded in understanding. Silvertongue then almost hit himself in the face with a pickaxe, and Carina found it hard not to laugh. Once he had somewhat regained his composure, he turned to Carina once again. "What was I saying-oh that's right... um venison or beef jerky is usually popular. Easy to hide and you can eat it through the day. Also baby carrots are cheap and easy... I don't know what to tell you, I haven't got a menu!" He sounded impatient, probably a bit frustrated from almost killing himself, but Carina did not want to make him angry.

"Anything's better than this damn skeever. I'll let you know if I find any lepiditte." Carina said quietly as the guards reemerged from the chamber with the prisoner. "Good luck and assume no one has ratted you out," Silvertongue whispered. Carina nodded once again, as the guards were right behind her.

As the Ebony Guards grabbed Carina by her arms and dragged her away, she made no protest. She knew better than to fight a losing battle; the more you struggle, the more it hurts. As uncomfortable as it was, at least they were doing most of the work, and it was good to be off her feet. They dragged her all the way through the mine and through a black door, Carina's clothes, skin, and hair collecting black dust all the way. Shadow had left with a cart up to the upper level of the mine. Lucky bitch

Carina grunted as the guards threw her down in front of the all-powerful Nyvis; at least that's what Nyvis would like everyone to believe.

As Carina sat up on her hands and knees, Nyvis spoke. "And this is?" Her voiced echoed in the deep cave, and Carina couldn't help but be a bit nervous. She knew power when she saw it, or in this case, heard it. Nyvis was terrifying, but Carina knew how to lie. She had been doing it her whole life, and could even convince herself to believe them at times.

"Carina of Helgen," a guard answered. "Alright, Carina," Nyvis hissed, "What happened to Rythe?"
    "Huh?" Carina answered instinctively. She immediately regretted it, as an Imperial gauntlet pounded her in the cheek. "The elf! The rapist!" Nyvis yelled. Carina had probably not been the first person to be confused by the question, which was probably meant Nyvis was running low on whatever "patience" she had. "That cretin who is no longer in this prison!"

Carina was dizzy, the pain hadn't quite set in yet. However, a punch to the face was something she could handle, even if the fist had been covered in steel. Sitting back up, Carina spoke. "The skeevers ate him, I think," Carina replied through gritted teeth, the right side of her face tingling and swelling. "Agh," Carina grunted as Nyvis pulled her hair toward her. "And? Skeevers don't just pounce on anybody, dammit!" Carina's cheek was throbbing now, and her scalp where Nyvis had pulled her hair wasn't doing so great either. Nyvis let go of Carina after she had yelled at her for lack of detail, but her orange eyes were no less fierce.

"He...he came after us...we just...wanted food, and then he threatened us, we didn't know what else to do, we stabbed him then the skeevers pounced, maybe 'cause of the blood or something," Carina stammered. "We were almost eaten too!" Carina cried, almost trying to sound weak. Surely Nyvis would think Carina was too scared to lie, right? After all, Carina had only been there one day, perhaps Nyvis would almost pity her.

"We?" Nyvis kicked Carina in the ribs. "Who is 'we'?" Carina fell over, trying to regain he breath before Nyvis could kick her again. She didn't think any of her ribs were broken, but they would definitely be bruised.
    Carina didn't really want to rat Shadow out, but she wasn't about let Shadow get away with it if Carina wasn't going to, either. "The other new girl." Carina panted. "Shadow?" Carina had exhaled the name more than she had spoke it, and acted somewhat unsure of the name. She looked up at Nyvis, but her eyes gave away nothing. "Get her out of here. Bring me the next one," Nyvis ordered, but not before kicking Carina again, this time in the gut.

The guards practically threw Carina out of the chamber, given she hadn't completely stood up before they hauled her away. Stunned and feeling rather sick from the kick in the stomach, Carina slowly stood up as the guards made their way to Silvertongue. She took deep breaths and made her way to the ore vein. she grunted as she lifted the pickaxe, pushed away the pain and tears, and started mining once again.

At least I'm alive...for now...

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Shadow continued mining until she noticed Carina hobbling back to her spot next to Silvertongue, who in turn was taken away by the guards. But the noises of grunting and metal on rock was overshadowed by Nyvis roaring and charging out of the interrogation room and out into the courtyard. What's going on? Shadow wondered. She turned her attention back to Carina, who was near enough for Shadow to see the fresh bruises swelling on her body.

"You alright?" she nodded to her. Not really expecting an answer, but just wanting to know she was well enough to continue. She would heal her later if necessary. If I'm still alive by then.. Shadow wondered if she should reveal her healing powers to Silvertongue. Surely that sort of magic would be a high commodity down here?

Shadow wondered about the conversation between Carina and Silvertongue. She had already worked out that this elderly Redguard was the one to go to if you wanted anything in the prison. She needed to pull out the pouch she had taken off the cretin she had killed last night and count the lepids inside, for before she had hidden the pouch that night, she had quickly peeked inside and saw a purple glimmer from within.

She had to quickly close the pouch, the purple gems reminding her of the purple glint in Do'Jhar's eyes. If she ever got out of this place she would track down the animals that killed him and string them up by their entrails. Another reason for her to despise her former family.

Shadow's ax struck the ore particularly hard and a piece crumbled away. She picked it up and threw it into the cart, watching and listening in her dark corner. Always alert and ready for anything.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    As Carina got taken forcefully out of the mining room by the burly black guards, Cyrus noticed the slight figure of the other new inmate, Shadow. She seemed preoccupied and as Cyrus followed her line of sight, he noticed a group of intimidating males glaring at her. The old redguard instantly recognized them as the group that Rythe usually hung around with. They were typical of this hardened prison and consisted of the younger, more sex hungry and explosive violent types. The exact prisoners I was just warning your accomplice about. Silvertongue thought as he glanced back at the petite blond. Before she noticed his gaze, Cyrus resumed mining the ebony. The trolley behind him was starting to get full of the shiny ebony, so he dropped his pickaxe and gave the weary back a bit of a stretch.

Sure would be nice to get a drink before I get questioned...

Just as the thought crossed his mind, Carina stumbled through the doorway and half shuffled her way back to the wall. The guards behind her were again striding across the floor with intent. This time Silvertongue knew the target was himself. Looks like I won't be getting that drink. With a look of longing back at the trolley, Cyrus conceded, and started to wearily walk towards the advancing men. "You know the drill, old man!" They each grabbed a shoulder with enough force to make the redguard wince and strode off downstairs to the familiar interrogation room.

It's been awhile since I have been down here.

As Cyrus got closer to the entrance of the pits, Nyvis herself strode out and met Silvertongue's eye. He would have liked to have thought there was some mutual respect between them. However, the imperial woman was so guarded with her feelings (except anger) that he had never confirmed his suspicion. Nyvis looked up and nearly shouted an order to the Ebony Guard; "You take the plunge in the interrogation, I will see what that d*ckhead wants!" With a quick nod of the head, the guards pushed Cyrus past the Jail-master and into the dank room.

"You know how this works Silvertongue. And dont think that this is going to be easy just because precious Nyvis aint here to rip off your limp dick." The guard in charge of the beating took of his helmet and put it on one of the bloodstained tables. He had long blonde hair and was obviously a native nord. "Check him for weapons!" The nord ordered to his companion. A quick pat down gave the guard a shiv that was normally tucked into the redguard's footwraps. Cyrus turned and gave the guard a foul look, as he turned back, a blow to the gut greeted him. Cyrus doubled over and after regaining his breath stammered out, "You haven't even asked a question!" The nord guard roared with laughter. He went to the table and grabbed a pair of well used pliers. "You know what I done to your little bodyguard?" The nord opened his mouth and reached in with his pliers, grabbing the redguard's tongue. "I'll cut your fu*king silver-tongue out, old man! I don't need you to answer any questions!" The guard squeezed his pliers so tightly that he could feel his blood dripping down the back of his neck. Cyrus soon couldn't breath and half coughed, half spasmed, showering the nord guard with flecks of blood. The guard let go of his tongue and looked disgusted... than furious.

Well I guess this is it...

Silvertongue braced himself for the inevitable onslaught. Of all the things that crossed his mind, knowing who had left Ricoh in his state of injury and not being able to get revenge is what Cyrus felt was the most bitter.

The nord picked up Cyrus by the neck and punched him once in the eye, as he drew back his arm for the second strike, the distinguishable voice of Nyvis screaming; "That b*tch!" could be heard faintly. "She really doesnt sound happy." The helmeted guard stated, looking between the nord and the redguard. "Fu*ck it!" The nord shouted throwing Sivertongue to the ground. "Take him back upstairs!" The trip back upstairs was very blurry to Cyrus. The guard pushed him towards the mining floor and continued upstairs to see what the commotion was. Cyrus stumbled the first couple of steps, looked around... and passed out.

AirshipCircus

Ma'Nchitar dropped the last couple pieces of ebony into the pile while Mi'Jhaka took some water from the fountain. Something was happening downstairs, a commotion. Ma'Nchitar wasn't a fan of that sort of thing, yet the pair of Khajiit were overstaying their welcome above ground already. He pocketed a small piece of ore in his striped pants for later. The cat needed something for a project.

"Has someone pissed off Nyvis again?" He though, motioning for his companion to come back quickly. She nodded, grabbing a last drop and running back.

"Something wrong, Captain?" He nodded and turned the cart around, heading back into the darkness. She followed him, doing her best to fit into his rather large shadow. He turned around, almost causing her to bump into him.

"Do not Ma'Nchitar Captain." Mi'Jhaka cocked her head to one side. Ma'Nchitar was acting differently than their last encounter years ago. He used to be rather swashbuckling and daring but now he seemed...almost broken, older. His fur was matted unkempt, the proud mane on his head twisted an split like a dead sabre-cat. She hadn't noticed in the mine and with the strands of hair in his face, but in the light she noticed that his right eye was red with blood.

"Your eye? What have they done to you, Captain?" He shook his head and turned around to push the cart, walking through a beam of light from above that illuminated his back. Mi'Jhaka gasped. It was covered in long scars and tears in his fur. This was not the same man she had spent her nights with in Sentinel, at least not on the surface. "Your back!" she shouted, then heard the clanking of soldiers from below and dropped to a whisper. "...your back..." Ma'Nchitar pinched the bridge of his nose. She was quickly getting on his nerves with all the questions. A friendly familiar face was welcome but he wasn't a book to be opened at will.

"This one sees today is going to be full of questions." They slowly made their way down the stairs into the mine. Ma'Nchitar opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a loud thump from behind.

"Oy! I tripped over a damn Redguard!" The Khajiit turned around just in time to stop Mi'Jhaka from kicking a body at the foot of the stairs. He pushed her aside and examined the form. It was the Redguard, Cyrus. Mi'Jhaka turned him around to see his face. "It's that robber-baron from Hammerfell-"

"-Ma'Nchitar knows. Take the cart." He grabbed Cyrus by the shirt and slung him over his right shoulder, wincing from the pain in his side. Mi'Jhaka raised an eyebrow. She was definitely not expecting this.

"You're going to help him?" Ma'Nchitar motioned to the cart. She sighed an pushed it while he followed.

"This one has his reasons."

---0---

There she was. Ma'Nchitar could see the young blonde Nord in the corner striking away at the rocky wall. He motioned for Mi'Jhaka to follow. Ma'Nchitar dropped the Redguard against the wall five feet away from the girl he'd encountered the night before, moving the cart to cover him from the majority of the room. He gestured to the wall and Mi'Jhaka tossed him a pickaxe, grabbing one for herself and getting started on the stone. He took a spot near the blonde girl and began to hammer away again.

"Nord. Khajiit found the Redguard at the feet of the stairs. Is there something you can do?" The girl was his only option here. She had used her magic once to keep him breathing right, so maybe she could do it again.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Shadow was surprised when the Khajiit she had helped last night had suddenly approached her, taking up a position right next to her. She had observed him picking up someone from over near the stairs and had dumped the limp body a few feet away before sliding in next to her. As she squinted through the darkness she could see it was Silvertongue.

"Nord." he said to her quietly "Khajiit found the Redguard at the feet of the stairs. Is there something you can do?" She glanced at him sideways, astonished at his request.

"So now you want my help?" She whispered back. Silvertongue obviously meant something to the Khajiit or he would have just left the Redguard lying there. Shadow was in a dilemma. She never healed anyone except for those she loved and trusted and there were none of them left alive. She had healed the Khajiit last night in a moment of..what? Weakness? Pity? ...Hope?

She studied the Khajiit who looked at her with huge luminous eyes. He was different to Do'jhar. Not just in coloring and size. There was something in his eyes... something...missing. Do'Jhar's eyes had been full of life and love and also that deadly glint that seemed to burn brighter whenever they found themselves in a dangerous situation. Which was quite often. The Khajiit she now looked at turned his gaze back to the ebony ore and Shadow glanced over to the body of Silvertongue.

She knew she had to help him, there was no other way for it. If she refused she could not guarantee the Khajiit holding it against her and telling the guards about her healing powers, then she'd be dead. Not to mention if she allowed Silvertongue to die she'd be as good as dead to. She had been planning on revealing it to the Redguard, but in her own time. But the situation now was beyond her control. Maybe it will work in my favour? To heal the most powerful man in the prison would obviously be good for me, wouldn't it?

"Alright" she nodded to the Khajiit. It was a big risk but then she had done nothing but take risks ever since she had set foot in Drahonnal. She glanced around the mine and slowly edged her way along the wall, sticking to the shadows as she so expertly did. A cart concealed her movements as she passed another, smaller Khajiit and then bent down to Silvertongue.

He was bleeding out from his mouth but Shadow could not tell what other injuries he had sustained while down in the torture room. She felt his chest and he was breathing, be it very haggardly. Was that a lung infection she could hear? She shook her head and after a quick look around the mine, she placed her hands on his chest and concentrated on filling the man with as much healing as she dared, focusing on his mouth and lungs. She could feel the Redguard stir underneath her hands and she bent her head towards him as his eyes flew open. Blue eyes met old.

"Keep it quiet or you'll get us both killed" she whispered urgently.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "You alright?" Shadow's voice brought Carina out of her own world, startling her a little. Carina nodded, sighing. "I've been through worse." Carina glanced over at Shadow, who was looking inside a tiny satchel. Her blue eyes had mixed emotions, as if she was remembering something sweet, but missing it, too. Where did that satchel come from? Carina wondered. Did she smuggle it in? Unlikely. Perhaps she stole it from someone? Rythe's corpse Carina realized.

Carina opened her mouth to ask if she had found anything good, but she was interrupted by a faint "That bitch!" from somewhere above the mine. "Dear gods," Carina muttered, annoyed. If Nyvis was in a worse mood than before, things were definitely about to get interesting. But at the same time, Carina was glad that Nyvis was unhappy. She doesn't deserve happiness any more than we do.

As Carina returned to mining, the bear-man from last night showed up with another small Khajiit and a passed-out Silvertongue over his shoulder.

"Nord." he said to Shadow quietly "Khajiit found the Redguard at the feet of the stairs. Is there something you can do?"

Something she can do? Carina was confused. She looked at Shadow, who looked astonished as well.

"So now you want my help?" Shadow finally whispered, and Carina once again returned to mining. Carina was curious about the scene playing out next to her, but something caught her eye; a gleaming purple piece of rock. She glanced from side to side. Most of the prisoners were hard at work, and the guards were busy with interrogations.

The lepiditte was partially next to, partially behind the piece of ebony ore she was mining. As Shadow and the cats slipped away with Silvertongue, Carina pounded at the ebony in front of her, trying to pry it out of the way of the purple stone. As the ebony finally fell from the wall, along with the purple stone, Carina's pain suddenly came back to her. Her bruised ribs were only getting worse, and if there had been food in her belly, she would have most likely puked. Gods, I need a drink.

Carina tucked the lepiditte in her top, then dragged her ebony toward an almost full cart. She dropped it inside, and along with two other prisoners, began to push the cart up the mine shaft. Both prisoners looked rather weak, one male and one female. They gave her dirty looks, but said nothing. They're either afraid of me, or angry about the interrogation Carina decided. They each had some rather fresh bruises.

Carina squinted in the bright sunlight, her pupils shrinking to almost an invisible size. The cold breeze was refreshing and freezing at the same time, after being in the hot mines for hours. Her airways tightened at the sudden change in temperature. Taking deep, painful breaths, she unloaded the cart with very little help from the other two prisoners. She then made her way to the well, her hair blowing in her face.

The water was like heaven in her parched throat and dry tongue. She stuck her entire face in it, gulping until she thought she was going to drown. She lifted her head right as a guard slapped her to get moving. Of course he would hit my sore spot she thought, groaning. She stumbled a bit, then made her way back into the dark, damp mine.

Writes-Many-Posts

The steam would soon be thick enough so that Nyvis could hardly notice anything in her room, including her body. Also, the only sound that could be heard in the floor was the water boiling to generate steam. Nyvis knew the guards were afraid of going to the sauna when she was there as well, ever since one of them got executed for flirting on the spot.

Head resting on her right hand, she thought about her situation, as her eyes slowly cooled down back into brown. What would be of Drahonnal if someone else bought it. He or she could turn into a fort, or a mine, or a fair, or a house for prostitutes, a hall of dead, anything really... Elisif had broken the agreement. After all Nyvis did to save the order in her hold, she simply stabbed her in the back.

After a sigh, she stood up and stumbled between the massive clouds of vaporized water until she could grab a towel and wrap it around her body. Then she curled her fingers around the door knob and walked to her room. She still had an interrogation to make. It only took her a few minutes to dry herself, and grab her armor as usual. But she hesitated in putting it on. As the occasion approached, she had felt that the guilty should be punished as she wore her customized executioner armor. Yes, it was revealing and didn't fit her combat style, but whenever she is scheduled to cause pain, it always turned her on to do her duty in such clothes. Still, she couldn't give all the sexless idiots in the mine the privilege to see a woman in such clothes, so she put on her usual armor, and planned to change once she got to the torture room.

Once she was ready, Nyvis walked downstairs, through the few guards that weren't on duty by then, who avoided any eye contact after her eruptive scream. She walked through the mine as usual, not wanting to stirr suspicion among the prisoners who still didn't know about the change of owners of Drahonnal, and replaced her man in the interrogation chamber once again. "Bring me the next one!"

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    The rhythmic tapping of steel against stone was starting to cause a great deal of pain in the old man's head. Ouch something is digging into my back! Am I laying on the ground? A voice came from a distance, and was as if someone was trying to tell him something from underwater.

"Keep it quiet or you'll get us both killed."

His eyes fluttered open, and a cascade of blonde greeted him. Startled, Cyrus grabbed a slender wrist that was gently resting on his chest and tried to raise himself quickly. Barely getting his head off the ground, pain shot through his head and he slumped back down. As his eyes focused, he noticed the light hair and the seemingly innocent face of Shadow. The intimidating stature of a large cat-person stood over both of them. Ma'Nchitar. Easily the biggest criminal in the prison and one of the more troublesome.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire, it would seem.

Silvertongue glared at the pair. "What is it you want? I'm far more useful alive. Killing me will only bring down a wall of pl*ps on the both of you!" It was strange however. The pain was subsiding in the redguards head and chest. He looked again at the Khajiit and noticed his expression was more of interest and perhaps even worry. The nord herself seemed taken aback. A bit slower this time, Cyrus propped himself against the wall.

What is going on here?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Cyrus grabbed Shadow by the wrist and it was all she could do to stop herself from knifing him in the ribs. Any other person would have felt inches of steal by now.

"What is it you want? I'm far more useful alive. Killing me will only bring down a wall of pl*ps on the both of you!" He grunted at both of them. He seemed to still be disorientated. Shadow glanced at the Khajiit, questioning her decision for the hundredth time.

"While you are sitting there with my wrist in your filthy hands, you might want notice that you can now speak AND breathe" She hissed at him. "You owe me, old man" she glared at him. "Big time"

Shadow heard movement and looked over her shoulder and saw two of the Ebony guards marching straight for her. This is it.. She turned back to Silvertongue.

"You're f***fing welcome" she hissed before standing up. The guards each grabbed her under the arms and dragged her off to the room where every prisoner had gone before her. Shadow remained submissive as she was dragged through the mine. They entered a large room and she was unceremoniously dropped to the floor. She kept her head down and saw a pair of clean, shiny boots walking around her.

“Name?” A Woman’s voice demanded. It was Nyvis. Shadow had not even noticed her returning down to the mine floor. Luckily her little healing session had also gone un-noticed.

“This one goes by the name of Shadow” one of the guards sneered. Shadow was grabbed roughly by her hair and her head pulled back. She had to stare directly into the eyes of Nyvis. They were a peculiar colour.

“Shadow” Nyvis drawled the name out slowly. “Where have I heard that name before?” she grabbed Shadows chin hard and stared at her. “What happened to Rythe?”

“I have no idea who you are talking about” Shadow said in her smooth voice, blinking slowly. She was rewarded with a slap across the face that sent her head spinning. She could feel her lip split and blood pool there. She licked her lips, tasting the coppery blood on her tongue.

“Don’t f***fing lie to me!” the woman screamed at her “I already know it was you. I just want to hear your side of the story before your punishment”

“If I am to be punished, what is the point?” Shadow spat blood on the floor. The guard nearest cursed and kicked her in the stomach, causing Shadow to double over. She coughed out more blood and laughed slightly. She looked up to the guard.

“You need to stop that, you’re making me hot” she winked at him and she was hit again a couple more times before she slumped to the floor.

“Enough!” Nyvis yelled and the guards backed off. Nyvis knelt on the floor and picked Shadow up by her hair. “Just tell me what happened” she said through gritted teeth.

“I only did it to defend myself” Shadow hissed “That f***fer almost raped me and so I stabbed the cretin and then the skeevers jumped him. I didn’t kill him”. She did not mention Carina. Nyvis never spoke a word to her as she dropped Shadow back to the ground.

“Bring in the other one!” she roared, causing the two guards outside the door to go rushing off. Shadow remained in her slumped position on the floor as another body was dragged in and dropped beside her. It was Carina, and she didn't look good.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    The long walk down to the mines was not easy on Carina. With little on her mind, she began to feel shaky, upset...she wanted skooma. No, she needed it. She clenched her fist and her knuckles turned white. She began to shake a bit, the outside world slowly slipping from her mind. Skooma

When she reached the end of the tunnel and was back in the mines, she could fell people staring at her. She looked around, but she couldn't focus on what she saw. Sweet skooma here? Surely no one has any. Or do they? No one would share anyway... She shakily made her way over to a wall, but was slow to get to work. She was too busy daydreaming about her precious drug, and did not want to think of where she was. She was tired and in pain, skooma would help. What finally pulled her from her thoughts was when a guard pulled her hair and pushed her into another guard. It would not have hurt if Carina wasn't covered in bruises, but that was not the case.

"Skipping out on work are we? Well you and the boss already have an appointment, but I'll put in a good word for you," the one she had bumped into sneered. He grabbed her tightly by the left arm, and she could feel her circulation being cut off. The first guard followed suit, and they started making their way back to the chambers. Carina was only hoping Nyvis had fallen for her self-defense story, and that not enough people had ratted them out.

A few steps into their walk, the guard on her left side leaned over and whispered. "I know what you want. You want skooma." Carina gritted her teeth, trying her hardest to not try and lash out at them. "You know, we've got some upstairs, but you'll never see the likes of it," he taunted.

That was it. Carina turned and spit on his ebony mask, getting a little in his eye. He dropped her and back-handed her on the spot. The other guard dropped her as well, and Carina fell, disoriented. One of them kicked her, but she was too dizzy to tell which one. "Come on, if we kill her before Nyvis gets to she'll kill us instead," one of the guards said, pulling Carina off the ground. The other guard sighed, and they dragged Carina into the torture chamber without another word.

Carina felt like she was going to be sick,and she had an awful headache. When they half-dropped, half-threw her in front of Nyvis, Carina landed on her hands and knees and began to dry-heave. "Skooma-addict here doesn't think she has to work as hard as everyone else," One of the guards informed Nyvis.

Alright, I officially hate this place

Writes-Many-Posts

Finally, the guards brought that Carina girl to Nyvis' office once again. "Skooma-addict here doesn't think she has to work as hard as everyone else," That didn't matter much at that moment, since she would be about to get punished for the murder of another prisoner. "I will take care of that some time later... For now, you murdered Rythe, and that will be what you will pay for!" Nyvis had, in fact, felt a slight empathy for them, for killing a rapist, since she had faced one in her childhood as well. But Drahonnal's rules were made to either be followed or lead into bloodshed. Plus, if she went soft on them, all prisoners and guards would surely get aware of it. "I am gonna change, you two watch them for a moment." She said, while walking towards another compartment of the torture floor. While in there, she grabbed a large chest with a grin, and placed it on a round wooden table, right between the large cages in which prisoners would be forced to stay for days, hanging from the ceiling through large noisy iron chains.

Nyvis would later return with her executioner clothes, which basically covered her chest, and partially her thighs, with two gauntlets to protect her wrists and boots to protect her shins and feet. The guards were not allowed to stare, still, and knew it, focusing on the prisoners instead. Nyvis then opened the large chest with a grin. Inside, with surprisingly little dust, was a whip, a lot darker than Nyvis', with the Daedric O in its hilt, confiscated from a Daedra worshipper that had already succumbed to Drahonnal. The guards forced the two girls on their knees with a blunt kick to their kidneys from behind, and Nyvis positioned herself behind them. She only hit each once with it, which was enough to open a long cut in their backs, and, as if it wasn't enough, drain their vitality thanks to a twisted enchantment nobody in the prison could identify. "I don't know what kind of weapon this is... But it is almost..." She leaned forward and whispered to each of them. "unbearable..." True, she could just whip them until she felt like they had enough, but Nyvis hated gangs in her prison, and whenever she could tear them apart, she would take that chance. "I won't whip you any more..." She said, placing the whip on the same table the guards made bets on. "You will use the lash on each other... Who it is is up to you..." She said, gesturing the guards to force them to stand up, and then telling them to push them inside a large cage. After locking it, she explained their demise. "You will have to fight each other through small cuts with your shivs. The winner gets to punish the loser: 15 lashes, enough to make anyone without spirit faint. No killing, ladies. If any of you dies, or you refuse to fight, it will become 30 to each."

AirshipCircus

Ma'Nchitar checked behind while the Nord took care of Cyrus, making sure no stray guard got bored enough to check them out. He turned back around just in time to catch the Redguard wake up and grab the girl. The cat gripped the handle of his pickaxe tightly in his claws such to the point that it nearly broke as he felt a feeling that he hadn't felt for a while.

Protective instinct.

It actually took moderate restraint to keep himself from lunging forward and tearing the robber-baron away from the girl. Well, restraint and the wound in his side. Restraint, the wound in his side, and the gimp in his leg. Restraint, the wound in his side-Let's just say he was in need of repair. Regardless, it had been years since he'd felt that kind of fire inside. It had certainly never happened within Drahonnal. The feeling disappeared as quickly as it had come though, leaving naught but a sense of emptiness in both his heart and stomach. The Redguard began speaking quickly, issuing threats and deals perhaps in an attempt to get them talking. That sure brought Ma'Nchitar back to the early days of raiding forts on the coast. The blood, the screaming, the explosions and the pompous aristocrats begging for mercy. The good old days... You tended to meet so many interesting people in the sailing business.

"What is it you want? I'm far more useful alive. Killing me will only bring down a wall of pl*ps on the both of you!" Smart plan, and his words were true. Ma'Nchitar was about to speak up when the girl gave him an unsure glance and interjected into Cyrus' train of thought.

"While you are sitting there with my wrist in your filthy hands, you might want notice that you can now speak AND breathe. You owe me, old man. Big time"

Ma'Nchitar and Mi'Jhaka exchanged a mutually impressed look. The girl also has a fire in her, apparently. This one has seen the young Nord girl who had healed his wounds, but now Khajiit starting to see the little Nord girl that was sentenced to mine in Drahonnal. Perhaps this one could find more use for that sort of attitude later on... His thoughts were interrupted by two guards unceremoniously dragging the girl out of the mine by her arms. That was confusing. He knew magic was forbidden in the prison, but the guards weren't THAT aware of their surroundings. The cat got down on one knee and placed a finger on Cyrus' chest, pushing his back into the wall. It wasn't to cause pain, more to get the message across that the Redguard wasn't going anywhere until some things were sorted out. He spoke in a firm growl like a sabre-cat speaking to its dinner of fox. Ma'Nchitar didn't expect the robber-baron to be intimidated though, no no no. He just wanted to make sure he was listening.

"Khajiit wishes to make one thing clear. If this one had wanted you dead, he would have left you at the foot of the stairs without a throat. The reason you are here and awake is because Khajiit knows how important you are, Cyrus of Hammerfell. That, and the healer you just threatened was willing to lend her services." Ma'Nchitar glanced at Mi'Jhaka who mouthed "All Clear" before checking behind them again and continuing to mine ebony. He returned his gaze to Cyrus. His voice became less threatening and more thoughtful, like a sabre-cat who had eaten his dinner and was very satisfied with himself yet now wondered why part of that fox tasted like horse meat. "Khajiit supposes your wounds are healing well enough. Before anything, tell Khajiit robber-baron, why have they taken the girl?" Mi'Jhaka looked at him inquisitively. He shook his head and gestured towards the mine wall. She groaned and continued to hammer away at the ore.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Shadow and Carina both stood in the cage facing each other. Not willing to be either on the receiving end of the enchanted whip, nor giving out the punishment, they both pulled out their shivs at the same time and circled each other. Nyvis stood there silently while she watched the two face off, while the guards laughed and jeered and took bets as to the outcome. Shadow was reluctant to give out the first wound, but then she was always strong willed and found this forced fight as just another challenge. She glared at Carina, not from any real anger towards the girl but at the situation they had been thrown into.

"Do something!" she hissed at her. "Or I will" Carina flashed an equally angry look at Shadow and flashed her shiv at her, missing her by half an inch. The girl seemed to be unsteady on her feet. Shadow was confused as to why, when all she had felt from the whip was a draining of energy. Shadow lunged at Carina and threw her sideways towards the back of the cage where they struggled momentarily.

"Whatever happens, I can heal us both. I'm a healer" she whispered right into Carina's ear "Don't hold back" She pushed Carina away roughly and stepped back while Carina processed what she had just whispered to her. Realization dawned on her face and then the two were at each other again. Shadow received cuts to her arms and legs and Carina received the same back. They were very evenly matched, and soon ribbons of blood poured from their many wounds. Shadow wished she had the other shiv on her, being used to her twin ebony daggers.

Carina though, seemed to be a little more wild and desperate with her swings and Shadow realized that the wild look in her eyes was of one coming off a very hard addiction. Probably Skooma she thought. She had no sympathy for skooma addicts. Half the reason she was in this hell hole was because of one person's insatiable lust for the drug. Shadow glared at Carina.

"Skooma addict hey?" she sneered as they circled each other again. She wanted to get Carina riled up and this would probably do it. "How do your veins feel right now, draining away all traces of your drug. Do they burn?" Carina charged at her and delivered a heavy blow to her stomach, her shiv plunging in more than just a small cut. Shadow stepped back, holding the wound that was now pouring blood.

"I said no killing!" Nyvis yelled from outside the cage. Some of the guards laughed and others looked worried, obviously the ones that had bet on Shadow winning. But Shadow had other plans, she looked to Carina, her face turned away from Nyvis and the guards and mouthed "Well done" and then collapsed to her knees onto the cage floor. The wound in her stomach was not as bad as she first thought, but Nyvis and the guards didn't need to know that.

"Enough!" Nyvis yelled from outside the cage.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    "While you are sitting there with my wrist in your filthy hands, you might want notice that you can now speak AND breathe" Cyrus was slightly taken aback by her venomous retort. He silently cursed himself for his lack of tact. He still felt sore, but his head was clearing by the second, and it was evident that she had magically healed him. "You owe me, old man" the Nord glared at him and added, "Big time"

As was regular for today, a pair of guards approached Shadow. Hidden by the shadows, Cyrus kept quiet to avoid being detected. Looks like your accomplice ratted you out. The Redguard mused, as the guards had stopped going in the same pattern of picking inmates as before.

Before she stood up to be taken away, the young woman lent towards Cyrus and quietly hissed under her breath, "You're f***fing welcome" The large ebony-clad men dragged Shadow off towards the stairs and Silvertongue wondered if that would be the last time he would ever see her. He hoped not. Despite her blunt, to-the-point attitude, violent tendencies and the apparent ability to find herself in awkward situations, Cyrus could definitely see potential in the young lady. Not to mention she had just healed him and probably saved his life. His aimless pondering was cut short by the enormous Khajiit crouching down to Silvertongue's level and firmly placing a clawed... I guess you call them fingers... on the Redguard's chest.

Silvertongue had rare dealings with this Cat-man. Not that he didn't have any use or that Cyrus was racist. No, it was more of a trust thing. Many times the Redguard had witnessed Ma'Nchitar almost rip other inmates in half. Not that he could blame him. The Beast-folk in Drahonnal got more racism directed at them than in Windhelm. But unpredictable prisoners that got dragged off to the cage or other punishments on an almost weekly basis were prisoners Cyrus kept away from.

The Khajiit at the moment however, did not look like he want to rip Cyrus in half. Instead he spoke to the Redguard in a very decisive tone. "Khajiit wishes to make one thing clear. If this one had wanted you dead, he would have left you at the foot of the stairs without a throat. The reason you are here and awake is because Khajiit knows how important you are, Cyrus of Hammerfell. That, and the healer you just threatened was willing to lend her services."

Joy. So it's not just the psychotic Nord that I owe...

Even in stressful situations, Silvertongue was renowned for talking himself out of any situation. He must be losing his touch though, if the Khajiit had thought he had threatened Shadow. Ma'Nchitar looked at a small Cat-woman beside them, who was mining ebony and keeping a look out for guards. He than looked back at Cyrus with an almost inquisitive look on his face. "Khajiit supposes your wounds are healing well enough. Before anything, tell Khajiit robber-baron, why have they taken the girl?" The Redguard's head had indeed stopped pounding and he wondered how Shadow and Ma'Nchitar had developed such a relationship so quickly. "First of all, Ma'Nchitar, I apologies if I came across as aggressive towards the Healer. I was simply startled and groggy, and I, myself felt threatened." Cyrus stated the truth simply without making out it was a big deal. He could see the Khajiit was reasonable and deserved some honesty. "As for why she was taken away, I'm assuming you have seen the guards taking prisoners downstairs all day? A predator of this prison, Rythe, was found dead and eaten by skeevers last night. Nyvis is trying to get details on this incident is all." It wasn't up to him to tell people of his information on the incident. Information was a commodity like anything else, especially in this joint.

Cyrus looked longingly at the cart that Ma'Nchitar's Khajiit friend had been filling. His throat was dry and sore and tasted like blood. He desperately needed water. "I tell you what Khajiit. If I can take that cart your lady friend has been working on, I'll tell you a bit of gossip about Shadow and another prisoner." He glanced back at Ma'Nchitar who had removed his hand off Cyrus. "I could really use a drink." He added with a wry grin.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Carina stumbled into the large, rusted cage. It reminded her of the cages pit wolves were kept in. I have no doubt that's how they see us Carina thought. After Nyvis explained the rules of the fight, Shadow and Carina drew their shivs, but neither pounced. Carina did not want to be the first to make a move simply because she wasn't used to doing so if her opponent was looking. Countering was always easier.

So the prisoners simply circled, neither of them apparently wanting to make the first move. "Do something!" Shadow hissed, glaring angrily at her. "Or I will"
    Carina tilted her head and narrowed her eyes. Please do.

Shadow finally took a swing at her, which Carina hardly managed to dodge. She was having trouble focusing, even with her adrenaline blocking most of her pain. She managed to make a small cut on Shadow before being slammed against one side of the cage. Carina struggled, but Shadow had a firm grip. pl*ps

Shadow leaned in close, and just before Carina could headbutt her, she said something. "Whatever happens, I can heal us both. I'm a healer. Don't hold back" Once Shadow had moved her head far enough away from Carina's, Carina bit Shadow's arm as hard as she could in an attempt to get her to let go. Shadow yelped in pain and shoved her away as Shadow's words finally began to sink in. Wait, what? Healer? Oh, that's why the Khajiit wanted your help...

This really changed nothing, since Carina hadn't planned on holding back anyway. She was not about to take another whipping from whatever it was Nyvis had used on them. Not to mention a brutal fight with someone she could consider a "friend" was all that strange to her. To her, this part wasn't even the punishment; it only decided who got the harsher punishment.

Shadow charged at her again, cutting her even though Carina managed to grab her wrist. Carina cut Shadow's arm, Shadow cut Carina's side. They both received cuts, they both dodged attacks, and no one was getting the upper hand. Blood from a cut on her forehead was beginning to run over Carina's eyes as she leaned against one side of the cage, panting. Shadow was no less bloody, but seemed slightly less tired as she leaned on the opposite side of the cage.

"Skooma addict hey?" Shadow's eyes narrowed as they began to circle once again. Carina was too busy panting to say anything. She simply glared, and tried to calculate her next move. "How do your veins feel right now, draining away all traces of your drug. Do they burn?" Shadow taunted. Carina charged, perhaps catching Shadow a bit off guard. Carina half-stabbed, half-sliced Shadow's gut. "I said no killing!" Nyvis yelled. Her shiv had certainly gone deeper than it should have, but Carina didn't care. Shadow would live, especially with her healing powers. Shadow mouthed a "well done" before collapsing to her knees. Carina gave a crooked smile. She then shoved Shadow completely to the ground. Perhaps unnecessary, but she wanted to make sure Shadow wasn't going to get up.

"Enough!" Nyvis yelled from outside the cage.

AirshipCircus

"First of all, Ma'Nchitar, I apologies if I came across as aggressive towards the Healer. I was simply startled and groggy, and I, myself felt threatened." Ma'Nchitar appreciated Cyrus' prompt and direct answer, and found himself surprised at the polite apology in spite of himself. When he was found to be in similar situations (however rare they were in Drahonnal), other individuals had at least made some effort to fight back against the bearlike cat-man. Futile as it would be to attempt physical offense even in Ma'Nchitar's current physical state. He nodded as the Redguard continued. "As for why she was taken away, I'm assuming you have seen the guards taking prisoners downstairs all day? A predator of this prison, Rythe, was found dead and eaten by skeevers last night. Nyvis is trying to get details on this incident is all."

Ma'Nchitar could hear Mi'Jhaka snort with disgust. "Raper-Rythe? The Dark Elf? Must've tried to stick his cock where it did not belong one time too many. Poor bastard." The Khajiit had never been on great personal terms with that one. Not that Ma'Nchitar disagreed with his lifestyle, of course. You live as a pirate and a brawler for most of your life and you become rather desensitized to that sort of thing on most occasions. He could understand Mi'Jhaka's reason for snorting though. Someone who was in her line of work would probably see what Rythe did as equal parts violation AND robbery of goods.

Truth be told, he hadn't seen much of the guards at all today. Most of the few Khajiit inmates spent their time in the subaqueous, darker parts of the mines. Less guards patrolled the "deeps" so trade wasn't hindered, and the Nords stayed away from where they didn't belong so less chance of a band of Stormcloaks thinking they're owed something trying to break a few Khajiit-bones. The cat-men of Elsweyr always did have a penchant for seeding and keeping mercantilism alive wherever they were.

Ma'Nchitar could see Cyrus was hungrily eyeing the cart beside him. He stroked the dreadlocks on his chin, brushing his claws against several little carved totems and beads he had made of wood and other materials. He'd made things like that both in and out of prison and braided them into his mane. Some hung from the dreadlocks, beads made into braids, etc. Each one meant something to him. Perhaps a famous kill, a family member to think of, or maybe even a god or goddess he was worshiping at the time etc. and each one had a story behind it. The ones he had possessed during his entry to Drahonnal weren't removed due to the guards fearing (and still afraid of) getting too close to his mouth and by transitive property, his teeth. Say his mouth is "A", his teeth are "B" and the bloody stump you called a hand is "C".

"I tell you what Khajiit. If I can take that cart your lady friend has been working on, I'll tell you a bit of gossip about Shadow and another prisoner." A fair deal, but Ma'Nchitar still had some things to discuss. He'd save his intentions for later though, for even someone as generally detached as he understood the importance of being informed in this "town". Also, if there was someone to accept information from, it was definitely "Silvertongue" Cyrus. They weren't regular business partners by any stretch of the imagination, but Ma'Nchitar had made enough quick deals with him, and done enough "commissions" either for or through him to know that he was someone that knew what they were doing. The Bear-Cat worked with his hands, the Silvertongue worked with his, well, silver tongue. Same ends, different means. It had been that way for the 11-12 years they had been stuck in this hole with each other and the rest of the poor bastards that Tamriel was sick of looking at.

"Deal." With a bit of effort and a grunt of pain from the gimp in his leg, he stood up. "But you're not going alone. Forgive Ma'Nchitar, it's not that this one does not trust you, but this one does not trust you; even in this state. Non-negotiable. Mi'Jhaka sat down against the mine wall, clearly exhausted. She had been going at that ore rather fervently for a while now and it was better she stay there and rest. She gestured to the exit of the mine and looked at him with those big amber eyes "Captain? Get me a drink yeah? My throat's dryer than a Breton's sense of humor." Ma'Nchitar nodded and looked to Cyrus, retracting his claws and offering him an outstretched hand.

Writes-Many-Posts

Jaxx, despite hardly finding courage to turn away from the ebony ore vein, could notice many mumbles behind him, being one of them from Silvertongue's now familiar voice, and another from a Khajiit. That day had been a lot busier than before for sure, but Jaxx didn't want to be bothered by such things and risk himself to get his eyes eaten out by crows and vultures, or get fed to the hounds. Slowly and at a steady pace, the chunk of ebony would be unrooted from its crib, and within moments it would crumble and almost crush his toesies. He could already sense the water on his lips, although he had already drunk some in the past 30-40 minutes. He turned over to Thurayah for one second, to notice her fairly exhausted, hardly able to open a wound in the hard material. A part of him didn't know whether to help Thurayah or Raenn, but from them both, he knew the first one better, and she had already helped him cook the first meal, plus, Thurayah looked far more exhausted then Raenya. "Psst!" He poked her shoulder with his bony finger, in which dirt had already gathered at the tip of his nails. "Hang on, I will be right back." Surely, he could just hand her his ore, but Jaxx also wanted some water, and he could actually feel he deserved it. Before walking away with the chunk secured on his hands, Jaxx ripped a piece of cloth from his rags hid it between his clutched fingers. Once he got to the well, he moisted it until it gained almost twice its weight, drank some water, and got maced in his kidneys as a sign of being there for too long. Once he returned, he handed Thurayah the wet bandage. "There you go." Thurayah smiled, and allowed Jaxx to sense some regret from her behavior from a few moments ago, in her eyes. Then, she proceeded to pressing the cloth against her forehead and letting the drops run down across her cheeks. "Better?" She nodded. "Better..."

-------------------------------------------
    In the end, the skooma addict had won. How, if she could hardly stand up a while ago? Obviously the other lass hadn't fought to the end, but chose the cowards' way out. After throwing the daedric lash inside the old cage, Nyvis yelled from outside. "Make that 16 strikes for losing against a skooma addict! Take off her shirt and let me see 16 cuts in her skin. Those that you don't make will be from me into your back!" Being that said, she folded her arms and enjoyed the show and the satisfying thought of having destroyed a friendship between two prisoners.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts