• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Thieves Guild for a bad guy character.

Masslooting dungeons in the name of awesomeness for a good guy character.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
I find that a good way to make lots of cash (albeit tediously) is to max smithing to dragon level and make dragon armors with the goodies that you get from the dragon's which by a certain level pretty much attack more frequently than children change their socks.

They sell for very decent amounts (especially if you go to the trouble of enchanting 'em too) but you have to keep waiting for the shop keepers to replenish their gold.

Saying that though, even crafting a crapload of iron daggers and enchanting 'em with something (like Absorb health for example) can sometimes make a profit of 250 gold per piece (depending on how much you put into buying the items to make said dagger with to begin with). It can add up fairly fast if you're dedicated to it.

andrew9300

I go to Dawnstar and look inside the "Hidden Chest" for any goodies. There are items that sells for a lot. That can make you at least 10 Grand depending on you level. If you have the Investor Perk, invest in Riverwood Trader since they get over 10 Grand. I will go there and sell them everything. Make sure not to tell your follower to take everything from the chest since it will count as stolen

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
It's very simple. The most gold I've ever had was around 200,000. You've got loot the dead, sell their gear, collect the gold. Do side quests, they normally end with you getting some gold out of the deal. If you don't mind preforming malicious acts, steal from every house in every hold. Look in chests, they normally have jewels and loot to sell as well as gold to loot.

So basically, you need to quest, loot, sell.

DarK StaR

doing the dark brother hood provides around 20,000 for killing the emperor thieves guild side quests work well to once you get the dark star or azuras star and the soul tear shout from odahaving you can quickly fill the gem and mass enchant armor/weapons for mass coin to increase that further if you have high speech level

mamali

not so hard to make money . i have 49000 golds and i don't know what to do with so i guess i can reach 100000 next week :D

by the way , your profile pic is amazing :D

Sean

lost somewhere
If you want the quickest way, then I say to mod it.
If you are on PS3 it takes a bit more work to get your save over to the PC, but if you are on the Xbox then it only takes 2 minutes.

I never needed to add gold though, and I have about 140k.

Sean

lost somewhere
yea im on ps3, im at level 76 atm, all i need is the 100,000 gold trophy to platinum skyrim.

im at around 35k atm

Then follow this tutorial and you can get your save over to PC, then you can either have someone else mod it, or download the PC version some way and do it yourself.

There's more with modding then simply doing that, you can build your own castle if you wanted to, and on the consoles.

Sean

lost somewhere
i dont want to cheat though.

Like I said, there is more to modding than that.
I am starting to upgrade all of the vampire castle in Dawnguard and improve it by cleaning up the rubble and rebuilding a tower inside of the existing cell.

And, exploits would count as cheating in some groups of people.

If you want legit gold, then keep doing Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood jobs

Morgan

You're level 76?! Random loot should include items worth 2k each. You should be able to get 100k worth of stuff by clearing regular dungeons and bandit camps. The hard part at that point is finding a merchant that you can sell to for full value if you haven't invested in the speech perks. Without speech perks, you will usually lose money and clean out a merchant with each item.

Alchemy potions are also very good. Every time you visit an alchemist, buy out the whole inventory (don't bother picking and choosing, just spam the button to buy everything). Turn around and make the max-value potions. Then sell back enough potions to get your money back. You can do the same with soul gems at the magic merchants, but it's more time-consuming.

Try to utilize trainer/merchants, like the Whiterun alchemist and Grelka in Riften (Grelka is especially useful because she is tagged as a general merchant and will buy anything even without speech perks). Train and immediately sell junk to get your money back.

When you're selling your loot, go from specific to general. I.e., start with the smith and sell your armor and weapons, then alchemist and sell potions, mage and sell scrolls and magic robes, and end up with the the general merchant to sell anything left over (again this is irrelevant if you have the speech perks).

Riften is great, especially after you've unlocked all the fences. You have an above-ground ring of about eight merchants, including two generalists (one of whom is a trainer), and five or so below ground, one of whom will buy stolen goods.

Good luck!

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Loot dungeons, then sell the stuff you don't need. To speed up the selling process, use this exploitable bug that refills a merchant's gold: Save, kill merchant, reload.

You will soon have more money than you know what to do with.

Solitude

Inactive
You're level 76?! Random loot should include items worth 2k each. You should be able to get 100k worth of stuff by clearing regular dungeons and bandit camps. The hard part at that point is finding a merchant that you can sell to for full value if you haven't invested in the speech perks. Without speech perks, you will usually lose money and clean out a merchant with each item.

Alchemy potions are also very good. Every time you visit an alchemist, buy out the whole inventory (don't bother picking and choosing, just spam the button to buy everything). Turn around and make the max-value potions. Then sell back enough potions to get your money back. You can do the same with soul gems at the magic merchants, but it's more time-consuming.

Try to utilize trainer/merchants, like the Whiterun alchemist and Grelka in Riften (Grelka is especially useful because she is tagged as a general merchant and will buy anything even without speech perks). Train and immediately sell junk to get your money back.

When you're selling your loot, go from specific to general. I.e., start with the smith and sell your armor and weapons, then alchemist and sell potions, mage and sell scrolls and magic robes, and end up with the the general merchant to sell anything left over (again this is irrelevant if you have the speech perks).

Riften is great, especially after you've unlocked all the fences. You have an above-ground ring of about eight merchants, including two generalists (one of whom is a trainer), and five or so below ground, one of whom will buy stolen goods.

Good luck!
Yeah ive probably got a good 50k worth of loot but i cant find anywhere to sell it

Toralf Snow-Song

Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid
Not sure if it's been mentioned but don't miss the merchant in Riverwood Trader's "bug".

After grabbing the investor speech perk, invest in his business. Intentional or not, his investment script adds 20 instances of the investment rather than just one, so he has at least 11k gold every 48 hours. (12k with all left-side perks).

Clean out his gold, leave the building, wait 48 hours, repeat, ???, profit.
Just pray to the Nine (Yes, I went there, filthy Thalmor) that Lucan isn't killed by vampires or dragons if you arrive during off hours via fast travel.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
@^: You don't need to do that with the bug I mentioned, it refills any merchant's gold.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Thieves Guild for a bad guy character.

Masslooting dungeons in the name of awesomeness for a good guy character.

Hey I take offense to that! Just because you're a member of the thieves guild doesn't make your character a bad person. It's simply for business. Same with the Dark Brotherhood. Sure you kill people, but is a business transaction. People hire you to kill someone. It's providing a service for the community.