10 things about yourself

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fizzlewink

Tell us ten typical/cool/revealing/funny/odd/awesome things about yourself.

1. I have 4 tattoos and plan to get more
2. I hate when people say mean things just to be mean
3. I have never been high or drunk
4. I like to read fantasy and horror novels
5. I am addicted to Final Fantasy XI
6. I want to become a tattoo artist
7. I love horror movies and Disney and Pixar
8. I love Fullmetal Alchemist and Deathnote
9. I am studying Japanese and sign language
10. I'm a girl

Oliverjames

1. I currently work in hard sales
2. I still live with my mum, and brothers
3. I am terrified of being alone
4. If I go bald I will be heartbroken
5. I need to lose weight but love food and being lazy too much
6. I've only ever loved 2 girls-one I betrayed another that betrayed me
7. I think Emma stone is the most beautiful girl in the world
8. I'm obsessed with nip/tuck
9. Money is not important to
Me, although I have a lot
10. I like the rain

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
This is a great thread idea...

1.) I am addicted to these forums
2.) My favorite color is Purple
3.) I have a 165 verified I.Q.
4.) I owned a Timex Sinclair 1000 the one and only Timex computer with a tape drive thermal printer and a grand total of 16k memory
images

5.) I am a philosopher
6.) I am a Artist
7.) I like Anime and animated movies
8.) I have a black belt in Hapkido
9.) Before [EWM] I had never written regularly
10.) I am the proud father of a girl at M.I.T.

Oh boy what fun!
  1. I'm a singer/songwriter.
  2. I find my job working at a bank meaningless.
  3. I love poetry.
  4. I have never had a relationship with a girl that lasted longer than a month. (unfortunately)
  5. I had a benign tumor removed from my neck about a year ago, which left a pretty cool scar. Doctor said it was the size of a tennis ball when he removed it... pretty gnarly! ;)
  6. I love Rurouni Kenshin. (In both manga and anime form)
  7. I was kicked out of the university I was attending last year. Don't ask why! :p
  8. I'm a hopeless romantic.
  9. I hope to one day teach music to elementary school kids.
  10. When I was a kid, I wanted to play professional basketball, but my dreams were crushed by my middle school basketball coach.

Emilia

the scorpion rises under the balsamic moon
1. I've been an ER nurse for three years.
2. I have a cat named Lydia.
3. I have been married for three years, and have two sweet, smart kids Zach who is 4 and Jenna who is 2.
4. I move around a lot!
5. But originally I am from the gulf coast of MS
6. I am in love with Anakin Skywalker, and I cried when he became Vader.
7. My favorite foods are sushi and mexican.
8. I think the best thing about me is my sense of humor.
9. I watch family guy every day.
10. I LOVE music.

Oliverjames

Oh boy what fun!
  1. I'm a singer/songwriter.
  2. I find my job working at a bank meaningless.
  3. I love poetry.
  4. I have never had a relationship with a girl that lasted longer than a month. (unfortunately)
  5. I had a benign tumor removed from my neck about a year ago, which left a pretty cool scar. Doctor said it was the size of a tennis ball when he removed it... pretty gnarly! ;)
  6. I love Rurouni Kenshin. (In both manga and anime form)
  7. I was kicked out of the university I was attending last year. Don't ask why! :p
  8. I'm a hopeless romantic.
  9. I hope to one day teach music to elementary school kids.
  10. When I was a kid, I wanted to play professional basketball, but my dreams were crushed by my middle school basketball coach.
Now I REALLY wanna know why you were kicked out of university!

Shew

yeah do tell it can't possibly be something we would hate you for.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Ooh, let's see.

1) I study civil engineering.
2) I'm applying for an internship with a railroad company (it means I can sing 'I've been working on the railroad, all the live long day ;)).
3) I absolutely adore football (soccer). I follow it and play myself (only amateur though).
4) I broke my arm when I was 10 one day before my birthday.
5) I LOVE Sherlock Holmes books, movies, shows, comic strips, etc.
6) I'm obsessed with studying the sinking of the Titanic.
7) I find red haired women attractive (don't ask why).
8) I plan to one day travel to Italy and visit Rome, Venice and Florence.
9) One day, I want to wear a three piece suit and bowler hat and act like it's my normal clothing.
10) I remember things that happened 6 years ago, yet forget something that happened 15 minutes ago.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
You know, I think putting "don't ask why" is just setting yourself up for questions ;)

I suppose I'll try to come up with 10 things... Hm.

1. I've moved a LOT. I've lived in Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Minnesota, Hawaii, Washington state, Nova Scotia and California (northern and southern).

2. The longest road trip I've taken was driving from San Diego, California to Halifax, Nova Scotia (about 3,700 miles).

3. I only have about 15% of my ability to hear. And only in one ear.

4. I was a bouncer in a bar.

5. I'm 6' tall.

6. I originally went to college to study medicine and it is still one of my passions though I never got to finish that degree.

7. I'm an artist and healer at heart, though I don't get to practice much of either anymore.

8. My grandpa is a real life hero.

9. My mom died when she was 35 of brain cancer.

10. I have a menagerie of pets. Almost all are rescues. I have actually performed CPR on a cat who went on to live 10 more years.

And yes, you may ask ;)

Shew

Ooh, let's see.
9) One day, I want to wear a three piece suit and bowler hat and act like it's my normal clothing.

The secret to being able to do anything like this is to just do it and OWN it. Act natural, not nervous.
I have been wearing pullman hats for 25 years long before they became popular.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Interesting idea for a thread. ;) Let's hope my identity isn't completely blown between this thread and the one with my ugly mug in it. :p

1. I've lived in Central Finland for most of my life, but I used to live in California on 2 seperate occasions; first time when I was a kid back in 1991-1992, and then as an 18-year old in 2002-2003, with plenty of extended vacations there in between and after that period of time. It left its mark on me, and I daresay I left my heart there. Even though I find the American society a bit harsh and unforgiving in some ways (not that I am glorifying this Nordic "welfare" state of ours; quite the contrary), there was something damn near mystical about Cali, something I will never be able to shake off. I'll always miss that place and hope to return there again soon (last time was in 2008 on a singing trip).

2. I am a classically trained bass-baritone and I wanted to be a classical singer/singing instructor, but I've had some vocal problems that have forced me to put that plan on hold for now. I still maintain my voice as best I can.

3. I also play the bass, both for my own amusement and in various band settings (right now mostly jam sessions). We used to do lots of gigs but it's been quiet on that front lately.

4. Before I picked up the bass, I played cello for 4 years, and I was told I was something of a child prodigy with the instrument. Sadly I had a terrible teacher who killed my enthusiasm for that instrument. Had he not done so, I would probably be a professional cellist now.

5. I'm a health enthusiast, I lift weights, eat clean and I don't drink, smoke or do drugs (used to drink and smoke when I was younger, but then I came to my senses). Let's just say I learned the value of health the hard way. It's something you can't afford to lose.

6. I love to travel, and would do so more often if I had more money. :p Last time I went abroad was last december to see the Chili Peppers perform in Munich, Germany.

7. I used to read and write lots of poetry, but my creative flow has slowed down these past few years. I still write plenty of lyrics, many of which make it into songs.

8. My political beliefs could perhaps be summed up into one word: antiestablishmentarianism. I'm not an anarchist, but I see the pitfalls of our system painfully clearly. We are little more than string puppets, with a relatively tight-knit global elite of bankers and powerful established families tugging at the strings. The system is rotten and corrupt at its very core, little more than glorified slavery with an elaborate facade of freedom constructed to hide the ugly truth from the masses. It is so fundamentally corrupt in my eyes that I cannot even begin to comprehend how it could be fixed.

9. I've had a pretty rough life so far in many ways, but I always try to stay positive and optimistic.

10. I'm interested in paranormal/unexplainable phenomena (UFOs in particular), fantasy literature/games/other entertainment and other geeky things. Even though I'm pretty far from a geek if you really know me. :D

Ok, honestly guys it's not that interesting, but if you must know... I got kicked out of the university because I never ever once went to class. Epic fail. I did get a girlfriend. Didn't last... *facepalm*

Shew

Go back and realize that the education is what, your there for.
I was a great "alternative" student a little age and maturity aided me greatly in actually learning.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Woah, great thread idea, here's my attempt

1. I have been declared DOA at a Tucson hospital
2. My motto is slowly dying, but always smiling
3. I read, write, and attempt to understand poetry
4. I'm a total desert rat
5. I'm currently taking classes in Network Systems
6. I have AWESOME red hair
7. I was born with diabetes
8. I've dislocated every joint in the right side of my body
9. I have outlived my life expectancy by 18 years
10. I'm a total fantasy gaming/ Novels junkie

Shew

I absolutely love number 2 of the above.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
It's actually not that easy finding just 10 things about me when there are a lot more than 10......lol.
But any way here are 10 things about me that most don't know.......

1/. I have an instant attraction to Blonde Women younger than me & I am a natural flirt.

2/. I love any music that is based on the Skyrim Theme & will listen to it for hours as well as being insanely addicted to the game.

3/. I was clinically dead for over 4 min after being in a coma for 3 weeks that was caused by Meningococcal Septicaemia 14 yrs ago.

4/. While I was a Professional Hunter I had a Tame Dingo in my base camps that kept the vermin out of my camps. I also use to catch both poisonous & non poisonous snakes in Suburbia & released them into the bush. There is a funny story relating to a Python I caught & released on my farm & it took up residence in my feed shed.

5/. In 1980, When I was 16 I had a horriific farm tractor accident that crushed both legs, twisted my spine & dislocated both shoulders. I was told I'd never walk again & within 2 yrs I was playing soccer & competing on the Surfing Amateur Circuit. As a result of that accident my left leg is 1 inch longer than my right leg & even though I have been living with pain since the accident I refuse to take pain medication like morphine for it. I have learnt how to " Switch off the pain " by immersing myself into console gaming.

6/. I have 50% hearing in my left ear & 15% hearing in my right ear.

7/. I love writing & have written several ( 5 actually ) short stories & am nearing completion on my first novel, with another novel on the back burner & one in the pipe line.

8/. I have been married & divorced twice & my teenage kids from my 1st marriage live solely with me. I love cooking, my teenage kids often take my cakes, biscuits & slices to school for their friends & as a result I end up cooking for a house full of teenage kids on the weekends...lol

9/. I am slow to get angry but when I do lose my lose my temper " It's hell with the fences down !! ". There are a couple of funny stories relating to this & the " It's hell with the fences down !! " remark was written in a Police Report a few years ago...lol

10/. I often get asked to go clothes shopping with my 17 yr old daughter & her friends, especially when they are shopping for Lingerie. Some of my Daughter's friends have insisted that I be there as I know more about the latest trends, fashions & what actually looks good than their parents do........lol.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Glad you liked it, it's one of the things I say to myself to keep me going and I think that it's a sound lifestyle philosophy as well.