• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
Just a note on the argonians, you can also marry Derkeethus after completing his quest in Darkwater pass and recruiting him as a follower. He's kind of a badass as he likes to duel-wield with his trusty pickaxe. He's awesome.

YoungLord94

Yokudan Refugee
A barber. I regret making my Redguard bald. Now I wish he had an Afro. And I play on ps3 so I cant even get a mod for this.

jarif

Painters. I would like to have the option to pay someone to paint my armour for different colour e.g; Make bonemold black or make the oricsh armour a different colour or make the deadric armour a saint by make it white :D

ambiiientz

Yet again, Spears. Not just the overgrown Riekling arrows, but I mean player wieldable 2 handed Spears with Stabbing attacks, and a block. Now that I mention it, why can't we Block/bash with Staffs? Oh yeah, because they're 1 handed, but even if you wield them with nothing in the other hand, you can't. You have to equip a shield, or at least a Torch for that capability.

But back to Spears, I know Swords are cool, and all, but I'm getting kind of sick of them eclypsing Spears in every Historical/Fantasy game there is. The spear was the common man's weapon from the Sharpened sticks of prehistoric hominids to the Pike &Musket battle tactics of the Napoleonic Era of massed battle. For the vast majority of our existence as tool users, THE reapon of humanity wasn't the Gun, nor even the Sword, but the Spear. Some other pole-arms would be nice, I love me a good steel Halberd, and that at least could use the standard Battleaxe animation. Also, a 1H Javelin to take advantage of the Archery Tree. If they could just make the Reikling's throwable instead of fired from a bow, I'd be happy. Even with the severely nerfed range, it compensates for having the other hand free for a weapon, or spell. I'd give it an instant short range throw, without using stamina, and a longer (maybe double range?) throw as a Power Attack. Simple, right?

This is the one thing I think this game is missing most. It's downright shameful, I can't imagine any humanoid race of this technological level surviving, and waging war without Spears.

You may get your wish. Rumor has it that Spears will be in a upcoming DLC. They need to add another skill tree for Spears. That's why your able to change your Perks in the Dragonborn DLC. All the level 81 (mostly "Bookshelf Trained") players would have been plops out of luck if they added a skill tree without being able to swicth up. Just a rumor.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Female mannequins?
Yet again, Spears. Not just the overgrown Riekling arrows, but I mean player wieldable 2 handed Spears with Stabbing attacks, and a block. Now that I mention it, why can't we Block/bash with Staffs? Oh yeah, because they're 1 handed, but even if you wield them with nothing in the other hand, you can't. You have to equip a shield, or at least a Torch for that capability.

But back to Spears, I know Swords are cool, and all, but I'm getting kind of sick of them eclypsing Spears in every Historical/Fantasy game there is. The spear was the common man's weapon from the Sharpened sticks of prehistoric hominids to the Pike &Musket battle tactics of the Napoleonic Era of massed battle. For the vast majority of our existence as tool users, THE reapon of humanity wasn't the Gun, nor even the Sword, but the Spear. Some other pole-arms would be nice, I love me a good steel Halberd, and that at least could use the standard Battleaxe animation. Also, a 1H Javelin to take advantage of the Archery Tree. If they could just make the Reikling's throwable instead of fired from a bow, I'd be happy. Even with the severely nerfed range, it compensates for having the other hand free for a weapon, or spell. I'd give it an instant short range throw, without using stamina, and a longer (maybe double range?) throw as a Power Attack. Simple, right?

This is the one thing I think this game is missing most. It's downright shameful, I can't imagine any humanoid race of this technological level surviving, and waging war without Spears.
I am with you 100% on this. It's not a problem isolated to TES, either. I notice that in much of fantasy the spear is ignored which, as you pointed out, doesn't make much sense. I don't see why it's not feasible in the game, either. Slashing attacks, stabbing as a power attack, and the ability to block. Sounds reasonable.

I want to be able to pretend I'm wielding Gungnir.

You may get your wish. Rumor has it that Spears will be in a upcoming DLC. They need to add another skill tree for Spears. That's why your able to change your Perks in the Dragonborn DLC. All the level 81 (mostly "Bookshelf Trained") players would have been pl*** out of luck if they added a skill tree without being able to swicth up. Just a rumor.
If it's a two handed weapon, then 2H. One handed... Same with Ranged. Wouldn't even have to add any Perks, unless they wanted them to Crit like Swords, then they can add ".., And Spears" to the requisite perks. What they would have to do is code new animations, and models, since there's no principly Stabbing weapons, everything's a swinger with the way they have it set up. I want them mostly for background, there hasn't been a pre-gunpowder Civilization in history that didn't have them, and several still did/do long after firearms come along.

Honestly, I was overjoyed when I saw Reiklings with them, then I picked some up, and tried to Wield them. I was downright crushed when I found out they were short ranged steel tier Arrows. Seriously, barely articulate trogloditic Kobolds can figure out how to poke somebody with the pointy end, and the Dovakiin, destroyer of the World Eater can't?

I'd like different ways to interact with NPC's. A pat on the shoulder or back, a friendly wave, a flip of the bird, a curt "screw you" in response to some of the snide remarks you occasionally receive around town - all of these would make me happy.

THIS!

Does though mock the Dragonborn? Well "screw you" :flipsbird:

LOLOLOLOL

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Being able to see your character to eat/drink, to sit on tree trunks or the floor, to see yourself lay down next to your spouse at night, all those simple small things. (Oh and skinning wolves,bears,foxes ect)

Guards and people dont talk to you when you simply walk by, not even looking at them, its very annoying when they do.

Wildroses

I'd like the ability to get quests I have no intention of completing out of my journal.

My first playthrough had a bloated with quests I had no intention of completing on account of I was not a thief, not a murderer, not a criminal, not picking a side in the Civil War, not a cannibal, not killing Paarthurnax, not being mean to NPCs, and not helping people or daedra who have already screwed me over (Looking at you, Molag Bal. You didn't seriously think forcing me to kill an innocent NPC and locking me in a cage after promising a reward would make me want to help you with your problem, did you?)

It isn't really much better on other playthroughs when you know which quests to avoid though. Random dialogue from a passing NPC can stick something in your misc you will never get rid of. Some NPCs even home in on you. Brynjolf turns into a stalker the second you are in Riften, secure in the knowledge you will eventually have to talk to a merchant and hold still. Delphine is eventually going to confront you about Paarthurnax. Every single character I have made has had the only blacksmith in remote Falkreath force them to promise to look for the dog when they just want to sell off their goods. Then Barbas stalks you, so if you don't want to meet him you have to avoid one of the Falkreath exit roads.

Getting rid of quests I don't want to complete would be really nice. There are so many of them.

ambiiientz

Some sort of dialogue, when you have a Thrall and a NPC says "That spell looks dangerous! Keep your distance!" Oh wait, never mind.

Seriously, "Alphabetical Chests" I would luv my loot to be stored starting w/ A.

Some sort of dialogue, when you have a Thrall and a NPC says "That spell looks dangerous! Keep your distance!" Oh wait, never mind.
It really burns my biscuits when some Nord says that for something like Candlelight. Or when it's a Spellcaster, especially Anska. "Who was it that just zotted me with a Dual Cast Lighting Bolt?" Bitch, please.

Bobby12many

Being able to fast travel INTO a location would be a HUGE improvement.

When I fast travel to Dragonsreach, why not spawn INSIDE instead of right out front, just to see another load screen? Seems silly to me.

Also, being able to fast travel into your home would be great.

Supernova0429

Peace I can only imagine
I want better clothes I pride myself in having a awesome wardrobe. Clothes in skyrim all look alike with a different color only thing that is okay is the tavern clothes minus the cloth on the side. The fine clothes are alliteration but where are the dresses man terrible looking. I also some children of different races tired of rice nord children that I can't even burn up..

Willow

-Being able to experiment and create your own spells like you can with alchemy
-Taking your kids into town to run errands with you or take them shopping for treats
-More dialogue options with NPCs, including your spouse
-Being able to use small boats to get across rivers and actually see your character rowing (not very realistic for non-Argonian characters to swim across a huge river even if you have a necklace of water-breathing)

SnowSU

LOL - I love the coffee and bacon idea. we can cook, (and bake with Hearthfire), so why not be able to make a REAL breakfast, bacon, eggs, coffee, OJ and toast too!.

But the one little thing I want is to be able to name my potions like I can name my armour/weapon enchantments. It's so frustrating to make a potion with 3-4 characteristics and the name defaults to only one thing. Like I make a potion that restores magic, fortifies marksmanship and regens health but the name it gives it is regen health! I make some pretty kick butt potions and I want to name them that!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts