1-handed/shield vs 2-handed - damage output?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowGambit

haggling 1/5 worth it because it is mandatory to get perks like Merchant or Investor.

Other than that, it is not worth it for me. You will see that making money in Skyrim is fairly esy.

Isbiten

Sorry for using this thread for other questions.
But I made Gold Rings to level Smithing.
What enchant should I put on to level enchanting and then get as much gold as possible?

ShadowGambit

Waterbreathing.

Because the value and effects of waterbreathing items are the same, whatever soul gem size you are using. So with Waterbreathing you just need petty soul gems. Also, when leveling enchanting, it doesn't matter what size of soul gem is used, you level the same.

Some other item may bring yuou more money, but because they are scaled, if you compare when enchanted with Petty soul gem, their value is usually less than the waterbreathing items.

Isbiten

Just to be sure.
If I buy "of minor Smithing" I will still get the maximum effect depending on enchanting level, correct?
So it doesnt matter if buy major or minor?

ShadowGambit

It doesn't matter what you buy. When you disenchant it, you get the effect Fortify Smithing. No Minor or Major there.

Isbiten

It doesn't matter what you buy. When you disenchant it, you get the effect Fortify Smithing. No Minor or Major there.
Thanks.
I must say, you guys are AWESOME :). Thanks SO much for all the help.

I got a hard question.
I can't decide if it's worth it to get the Speech perks.
Now, it seems the Riverwood guy gets around 11k gold if you invest with him.
Basically I'm just wondering how many perks I need to "max" in the Combat related perks and what level I need to reach :p

VirussxD

In itself, not entirely. I mean its decent, but once you start to get quite a bit of gold it becomes useless. The other perks in speech though, can be very helpful. Bribery, (If you are a criminal) merchant, and investor are all pretty useful. Gives traders more gold and you get better prices. So, yes. Haggling is worth it for those. And i dont think I would go 5/5 for it if thats what you mean. Go 2 or 3/5 if you want but i wouldnt do more. (Its your game though. Do whatever you want...)

ShadowGambit

I would go Haggling 1/5, Allure and Merchant. When you reach higher level, Investor may be useful.

Let me explain: when after leveling your alchemy you have a tons of potion in hand, and after leveling your Smithing/enchanting you will have 400 Dwarven Bows enchanted in stock, you will want the Merchant perk.

If you don't have the Merchant perk, Potions can only be sold to alchemist and general store. Dwarven bows only to blacksmith, fletcher and general store, and they don't have enough money to buy more than 2 or 3 at a time. With Merchant perk, ANY vendor can buy those items from you, that will make your life easier.

At higher level, I would take Investor and invest ONLY in the general store in Riverwood. For me it is the only merchant that worth it, but damn he's worth it. The reason is that at higher level, chances are that you don't need to buy anything anymore but you will find loot that are increasingly valuable, a lot of them OVER 1000 or 1500 gold. Those loots, majority of vendor won't be able to buy them from you EXCEPT if you buy other item from them first. And there comes the Riverwood General Store and its 11K gold every 48h. That way you don't have to fill your house with useless loot anymore.

Fence, for me is not necessary. I LOVE to pickpocket and steal (I'm a thieve, after all) but by doing the Thieves Guild questlines and side quests, you will have access to at least 6 fences all over Skyrim. Enough to get rid of your stolen stuff, so no need to spend points in that.

Master trader is a little better than Investor overall, but as you already have your Riverwood Trader at 11K, then it is not really needed anymore.

Isbiten

I don't understand, I thought Black Soul Gems stayed in your inventory after using the soul?!
After using it to recharge weapon it's gone...?

ShadowGambit

Black Soul Gems don't stay in your inventory. They hold human soul but are destroyed after they are used.

THE BLACK STAR stays in your inventory and acts like a black soul gem though

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
It does not matter.

If you can survive, it's completely your preference.

Some people enjoy getting in closer and waiting for enemies to attack, so that they can counter with a shield bash.

Others like the length of a 2 handed weapon where they can do powerful hits, staggering their opponents, and then move around and try to evade the enemies attacks as a way of defense.

Sometimes it falls down to the looks;

Do you like your characters lugging around a heavy shield?
Do you not like the way the Battleaxe rests on your back?

To some, it's all about the animations, which ones do you prefer seeing?

It's up to you. Just like picking a side in the civil war, we can list our own reasonings, but we can't create yours.

Any way will get the job done, if you survive, and are having fun. Choose that way.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts