1.5 Patch destroyed my game

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PastLife

So with the latest update, all my files are corrupt or something. I just did a clean install on my driver update. I have Galaxy Nvidia Geforce 550ti GC , i7 quadcore 2.6 GHZ with 12gigs of ram. running windows 7 64bit. With my last driver I was getting BSOD restart crashes in windows and in games. My clean install of new driver have taken care of that. But now I'm having new issues with Skyrim in particular. I've experience CTD in older versions of the game but nothing like this. When it was 1.4something, I never had a problem. After 1.5 the crashing to desktop came back.

Now I'm experiencing freezing without being able to Ctrl-alt-del out of the situation. I have to reset my computer to get out of it. Has anyone had this issue? I tried other save files and even started a fresh game, but still random freezing. I'm not sure if this is the game or my video card/drivers. The drivers are up to date and all my other 3D games are fine. I have DX11.

Sadly, I'm re-installing the Game which mean I'll be up all night waiting to see if that fixes the issue. I deleted all my savegames because who cares, if the game isnt playable, what does my progress matter. FML.. I hate computer games and technology, I just want to be in Skyrim.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Have you read the previous threads on 1.5?

Re-installing the game will not help. For the nth time, you need to remove your Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini files and run Skyrim Launcher to create fresh ones. These files are in your user's Documents and are not touched by re-installing the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts