• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Who do you think is the game's most powerful NPC, without having been given special equipment by you? I have not looked up any of their personal stats. Based on what I've seen and experienced, I would have to say Neloth. He has wonderfully powerful shock magic that he employs from quite a distance, and was utterly unaffected by Miraak's spell.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Braith...
jbn1jbQ5Zd6TXl.jpg

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I'd go with Neloth, too, although the Psijic monks may give him a run for his money.

AS88

Staff member

Lucid

AS88

Staff member
J'zargo isn't level capped, so he can be a beast at high player levels.

He doesn't use high level spells, though, so he doesn't utilise his level. :sadface:

Unless you're someone with mods.

AJK

He doesn't use high level spells, though, so he doesn't utilise his level. :sadface:

Until you just said something, I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that Destruction spells would increase damage with player level. I just looked on uesp.net though and that doesn't seem to be the case. That's really OK though, as long as he is getting more health as he levels up, he will fulfill his main purpose of distraction/decoy. I'm kind of keeping him over other followers for RP reasons, my character is a Khajiit who joined the Mage's College pretty early on, so I figure that him and J'zargo would hit it off and be frequent travel companions. I plan on using some others at some point though, maybe soon, just for the sake of variety/new adventures.

Also, I see that J'zargo does apparently have and use Paralyze, which is an Expert level spell. I haven't seen him use it, but he might not be able to yet because my level is only in the 30's.

AS88

Staff member

Until you just said something, I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that Destruction spells would increase damage with player level. I just looked on uesp.net though and that doesn't seem to be the case. That's really OK though, as long as he is getting more health as he levels up, he will fulfill his main purpose of distraction/decoy. I'm kind of keeping him over other followers for RP reasons, my character is a Khajiit who joined the Mage's College pretty early on, so I figure that him and J'zargo would hit it off and be frequent travel companions. I plan on using some others at some point though, maybe soon, just for the sake of variety/new adventures.

Also, I see that J'zargo does apparently have and use Paralyze, which is an Expert level spell. I haven't seen him use it, but he might not be able to yet because my level is only in the 30's.

It's a shame he can only use apprentice-level destruction spells and no conjuration spells, though.

Lucid

Braith...
jbn1jbQ5Zd6TXl.jpg

I do not disagree with this. That girl is made to get under your skin and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't judge Sinding too harshly because I think about Braith while he tells his story.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.

Rimfaxe96

Every kid in Skyrim because they're friggin' immortal. Bet they all got their Daedras giving them infinite health, like the Jarl's son who was already hanging out with one. The rest isn't seen too often either, except for the oh so innocent children in Solitude, only a few meters away from Sheogorath's place... not suspicious at all.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Jzargo is a fantastic follower IMO. Some advice (your gonna get it whether you want it or not :p): He has a high heavy armour stat unlike 99% of other mages and i think 100% of all follower mages. So ditch his robes as he doest use flesh spells (nor have the mage armour perk) and give him some Heavy armour!

Btw i have never seen him cast paralyse and iv had him as a follower for ages... and im currently Lv85... hmmm :confused:

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

This makes me want to start a fight with Arngeir. :eek:

lol.. he will freeze your ass and throw you off the mountain. :p

I.... dont recommend it :p he kicked my butt of the mountain!

AJK

Jzargo is a fantastic follower IMO. Some advice (your gonna get it whether you want it or not :p): He has a high heavy armour stat unlike 99% of other mages and i think 100% of all follower mages. So ditch his robes as he doest use flesh spells (nor have the mage armour perk) and give him some Heavy armour!

Btw i have never seen him cast paralyse and iv had him as a follower for ages... and im currently Lv85... hmmm :confused:

Thanks, I didn't realize that about his armor... good to know! Of course, last night I decided to give J'zargo a break and hired Belrand, we'll see what he can do for a bit. My RP reasoning is that my character feels compelled to join the Imperials and heads to Solitude, but J'zargo wants to continue his studies at the College. I met Belrand and bonded with him over our spellsword similarities. I haven't been using him long enough to see patterns yet, but so far he's been using Summon Familiar a fair amount, which is kind of weak but I guess it distracts enemies for a few seconds. I'm curious to see how much healing of himself he does, that could come in handy as a decoy.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts