OOC The Blades in the Night {Working Title}

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I'll take this for Aradriel. Also, I'll probably post sometime soon, I just kind of want to wait for the recruits to be inducted, so there's some kind of context for the group relations.

AS88

Staff member
    I'll take this for Aradriel. Also, I'll probably post sometime soon, I just kind of want to wait for the recruits to be inducted, so there's some kind of context for the group relations.

Yeah, it's only natural that the two interim leaders of the company would post first anyway, for sake of showing their personalities a little for you guys to work with.

I'm looking forward to this one, I was very pleased with how the planning stage went, Aerin :)

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Wow. So, I just read up a little on the mythic origin of the creation of Mundus, finding some information that suggests that basically, reality in Mundus might be real, but everything might be the imaginings of a being called the Godhead which created Mundus - but then, anyone might be the Godhead, and everyone else is just a hallucination, and out of this comes Boethian philosophy, which says "It doesn't matter if you are the Godhead and you say I am not real, because I have the will to exist." Just, wow. Now I am considering having Aradriel progressively turn to this philosophy and become more of an assassin.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Wow that's really cool smooth.

So, could that apply to every fictional world? Because if the mass effect universe exists I'm going to have a fit.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Exist... Within the context of the game, or within our reality? Because that theory just applies to the creation of Mundus within the lore :p

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Ah fine, must have misread your post and got far too excited before I realised :p damn night shifts messing with my mind.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Okay I'd hate to delay further but I'm leaving for Bathurst now, races are on, will be away for 4 days.

Sorry for not posting earlier, I've had 4 anxiety attacks this week and a lot of **** has been going on. I've written 3/4 of a post and I'll write some while I'm away, but won't be able to post until I'm back.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Have you started getting into CHIM yet, Smooth? Because that's where things get even more meta.

A lot of that stuff is very closely related to the plot planned for the Industrial RP. In a sense. Although I took my lorehammer to it :p

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I actually might have to go the Boethian route for my character for that RP, which I have had on the far back burner for a while. I do indeed want to get into CHIM, because I'm intrigued and from what I can glean it's really pretty wild and crazy :p

Your delay is probably fine, Daryl, considering that this is off to a slow start anyway.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    CHIM? And what's new regarding your the Industrial RP, Ponder?

Ponder

CHIM? And what's new regarding your the Industrial RP, Ponder?

CHIM is kind of hard to explain without all the surrounding contextual information, but essentially it's a kind of enlightenment within the Elder Scrolls universe. A character achieves CHIM through a two-step process. First, they realize they are simply a figment of the Godhead's imagination--that they do not, in fact, exist. Then (this is the important part), through a force of will, they decide that they do exist, and they make for themselves a reality within a state of unreality.

Sort of. I doubt I'm explaining it right, but this is the stuff that the loremasters write dissertations on. It's like the character decides that -1+1 does not equal 0, and through doing so becomes something more. Once a character achieves CHIM they can alter the world of the Godhead (everything in TES universe) however they please, effectively becoming a god.

This is why I argue that Vivec is a god--because he has achieved CHIM and has thus ascended to the realm of godhood within TES universe.

It's all stuff which breaks the fourth wall. The way some see it, Vivec was an NPC who realized that he was in a game, and decided to become active within that game. Theoretically, he alters the world through the use of the Morrowind creation toolkit... thing.

Ponder

As for the Industrial RP, it's still there, but I've put on hold. Between school and our other RPs, I wouldn't have the time to really get anything going there.

Although it's not totally a bad thing. All this extra time has left the ideas percolating in my brain, and there's a few things I hadn't thought of that I'll probably include.

Delusional

Ah, alright. That makes sense. Interesting.

AS88

Staff member
    10 days since I posted. If you applied with interest and a CC I think it's reasonable to expect a post, right? o_O

Delusional

Should I post again? Gattuso is waiting for Tristan, but I wanted to let others *cough* OP *cough* post their intros first...

AS88

Staff member
    Should I post again? Gattuso is waiting for Tristan, but I wanted to let others *cough* OP *cough* post their intros first...

By all means! While our characters are separate I'd say it's better to have the RP active even if there's only a few of us posting to start with. :)

About to start writing mine, but it won't really involve any of the others.

That's fine. Like I said, while people are doing their own thing, it makes sense that we might not all be posting all the time, although that is obviously the aim.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    If you can post, then post. I would but I find myself waiting on Daryl. I'm only able to get online via my phone atm so I can't see when he was last online, but for the sake of getting this RP off the ground, if he isn't online in the next few days I may just write Jax as considering Daud a no show and get him back to HQ so we can move things along, does that sound fair to everybody?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts