• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skyrim belongs to?

• The nords.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • DA NORDS!!!!

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Pah werid fin kodaavve.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • None of the above, citizen.

Votes: 29 61.7%

• Total voters

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Skyrim belongs to M'aiq.

Two Bears

I swore to liberate Skyrim. That I did. Now I am using legal means to atain power. Breaking oath would be creating your own "army" and attacking him without issuing a challenge.
Strongest rules in new Skyrim, and I am the mightiest in this world

No, you swore fealty to Ulfric Stormcloak and acknowledged his claim as the true High King. Challenging him for said title is a violation of your oath.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Wait, wait. You actually want to be responsible for the frozen midden heap that is Skyrim? I thought we were all just here for a little war profiteering, then it's back to sunny Cyrodiil.

Mookie

No, you swore fealty to Ulfric Stormcloak and acknowledged his claim as the true High King. Challenging him for said title is a violation of your oath.

Nope. And you just came to push contra-arguments to me.
I said, after solitute. I will let him be High King for those 30 seconds. I have a right to challenge.
Just like he had right with Toryg

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
.With power to rival a Daedra.
I am the best for Skyrim, and I will have it, one way or the other.
That is the most ridiculous statement.....look up Daedra

The Dragonborn should not rule Skyrim there is very little point.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You Swore to Ulfric, unless galmar gave you a special oath, so anything you do against him is breaking said Oath. This is a special oath it's not the Fealty the Jarls swear to the High King this is directly to the man, not the position.

What an brutish way of thinking.
"Real strength is have power and choosing not to use it"
And I like it!

Two Bears

Nope. And you just came to push contra-arguments to me.
I said, after solitute. I will let him be High King for those 30 seconds. I have a right to challenge.
Just like he had right with Toryg

I do swear my blood and
honor to the service of Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl of Windhelm and true High King of Skyrim.
As Talos is my witness, may this oath bind me
to death and beyond...
...even to my lord as to my fellow brothers
and sisters in arms.
All hail the Stormcloaks, the true sons
and daughters of Skyrim!

Emphasis mine. Now, whether you believe that you have that right or not is up to you, but by doing so you will be violating the above oath.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I do swear my blood and
to death and beyond...
and sisters in arms.
and daughters of Skyrim!

Emphasis mine. Now, whether you believe that you have that right or not is up to you, but by doing so you will be violating the above oath.
I tried that, they just won't accept it....they must have been pushing the cross fingers button or something.

Mookie

I do swear my blood and
to death and beyond...
and sisters in arms.
and daughters of Skyrim!

Weird how imperials are now trying to bind Dragonborn from archieving his destiny.
They prefer Ulfric on the throne to Dragonborn hahahahh

Two Bears

Weird how imperials are now trying to bind Dragonborn from archieving his destiny.
They prefer Ulfric on the throne to Dragonborn hahahahh

The word 'even' is not a modifier. Again, it is cool if you want to imagine yourself usurping Ulfric, but you are still violating the oath. So, yes, you can imagine your Dragonborn as high king, but you cannot do so and remain of the Lawful Good alignment after swearing that oath.

Mookie

I was about to define "even".....:)

and completing Liberation of Skyrim gives you a 20 point bonus.

I'd prefer Ulfric's head on my sword.

And so I shall sit on the throne as lawfull king of Skyrim :D
MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The word 'even' is not a modifier. Again, it is cool if you want to imagine yourself usurping Ulfric, but you are still violating the oath. So, yes, you can imagine your Dragonborn as high king, but you cannot do so and remain of the Lawful Good alignment after swearing that oath.
Since when do you have to be Lawful Good to swear an oath? An oath is just a promise that you don't intend to keep.

Two Bears

Since when do you have to be Lawful Good to swear an oath? An oath is just a promise that you don't intend to keep.

I should have clarified by just saying Lawful. Lawful characters take the oath seriously. Mookie indicated that he could retain his honor by challenging Ulfric after the conclusion of the civil war questline. I countered with the oath, showing that he was bound by it to recognize not only Ulfric as his lord and High King, but to do so for life. Now, any alignment can swear an oath, but a lawful character, who would be concerned about his honor, cannot violate it. As such, challenging Ulfric is a dishonorable act. While Neutral and Chaotic characters would not care about this loss of honor, a Lawful character would be. As it is heavily implied that Mookie is playing such a character, I pointed it out to him.

EDIT: As you can see in post 95, he even uses the term Lawful.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
And so I shall sit on the throne as lawfull king of Skyrim :D
MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
and what would your first act as High King be hmm? Attack the Thalmor? The Empire? Free cheese for everyone?

They claimed the Stormcloaks were about "honor" there is no honor in breaking an Oath

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Apparently, y'all haven't spent enough time on the northern shore to know that Skyrim really belongs to these fat bastards

765px-TESV_Horkers-510x326.png

Bloody fluffers are everywhere...

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Apparently, y'all haven't spent enough time on the northern shore to know that Skyrim really belongs to these fat bastards

765px-TESV_Horkers-510x326.png

Bloody fluffers are everywhere...
If Skyrim doesn't belong to the Stormcloaks, why would it belong to their wives? :D