Once, just once, let's have a rational discussion about incest.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Two Bears

That 'human mating ritual' seems remarkably subverted with how many people who try not to have kids.

And yet, how many of them that try not to have kids end up having them? Relations between close relatives are proven to result in genetic defects. It's science. You may as well be advocating that mothers smoke and drink while pregnant.

FullmetalHeart20

So don't have kids. Condoms are about 98% effective. The pill is even better. Women are less fertile at certain points in their cycle. If that doesn't work, you're either extremely unlucky or doing something wrong.

Two Bears

So don't have kids. Condoms are about 98% effective. The pill is even better. Women are less fertile at certain points in their cycle. If that doesn't work, you're either extremely unlucky or doing something wrong.

Okay, so instead of doing what we know is scientifically sound, let's not and hope that nothing goes wrong. Come on man, you're better than that. ;)

FullmetalHeart20

Okay, so instead of doing what we know is scientifically sound, let's not and hope that nothing goes wrong. Come on man, you're better than that. ;)
You have a better chance of getting in an accident than getting pregnant with protection. I'm sure you've taken greater risks.

Mookie

You have a better chance of getting in an accident than getting pregnant with protection. I'm sure you've taken greater risks.

You have a 100% protection from pregnancy if you dont have sex. And better chances of giving birth to normal children if you avoid sex with relatives.

FullmetalHeart20

We can't seriously pretend it's about genetics and percentages, despite the fact that contraceptions that lower the risk of pregnancy to almost zero are readily available. The fact is, society has a knee jerk disgust for the subject.

FullmetalHeart20

And having sex with your close relatives is not like driving without a seatbelt how?
If you use the pill, there's even less risk. Of course, if you're worried about risks, we can just ban everything. Junk food, outdoor climbing, skydiving, driving, bowling. All that stuff is too risky.

Two Bears

If you use the pill, there's even less risk. Of course, if you're worried about risks, we can just ban everything. Junk food, outdoor climbing, skydiving, driving, bowling. All that stuff is too risky.

It is illegal to drive without seatbelts where I live. That law makes sense. You will likely never be in a life-threatening accident. However, if that 1% happens to roll around with your name on it, you now have far greater chance of survival. Same with close-relative breeding. You may never get pregnant, but refraining from breeding with close kin eliminates the threat to your offspring should your number come up. It's all about saving lives.

FullmetalHeart20

It is illegal to drive without seatbelts where I live. That law makes sense. You will likely never be in a life-threatening accident. However, if that 1% happens to roll around with your name on it, you now have far greater chance of survival. Same with close-relative breeding. You may never get pregnant, but refraining from breeding with close kin eliminates the threat to your offspring should your number come up. It's all about saving lives.
So what? It's okay to take a risk when it's fun?

FullmetalHeart20

Now we're just going in circles. I already pointed out how safe sex works. If that's not enough they can get a vasectomy. Even if an incestuous couple procreates, should it really just be killed?

Two Bears

Now we're just going in circles. I already pointed out how safe sex works. If that's not enough they can get a vasectomy. Even if an incestuous couple procreates, should it really just be killed?

We are going in circles, but it is because you are steering us that way to avoid the inevitable end point of the discourse, which is that by engaging in this behavior one is knowingly placing their offspring at risk, just like smoking or drinking while pregnant. The behavior is harmful to the offspring, and this much is proven.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts