That awkward moment when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
A: You're the one who was talking about not having a door.
B: The drinking contest guy can actually show up in other places.

That awkward moment when you have an extended conversation about the existence of a door.
HA! That's good. Discussing a door. Still ain't gonna spend the coin on decorating when I can get something else that's kicka** that might actually serve a purpose.

Really, he shows up other places? This is the first time I've encountered him and I have no idea if I can outdrink him. Maybe I'll leave all my valuables at home and give it a try. He's a pest though. As long as I'm in there he keeps asking me and following me around. If I don't get anything outa it, I don't think I'll do the contest.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
HA! That's good. Discussing a door. Still ain't gonna spend the coin on decorating when I can get something else that's kicka** that might actually serve a purpose.

Really, he shows up other places? This is the first time I've encountered him and I have no idea if I can outdrink him. Maybe I'll leave all my valuables at home and give it a try. He's a pest though. As long as I'm in there he keeps asking me and following me around. If I don't get anything outa it, I don't think I'll do the contest.

Houses are about the only thing I do spend money on, I've literally went through whole games without spending a septim on anything else.

The drinking guy will show on in a random tavern and stay there, I think it's just the one place per game, though if you start a new game he might show up somewhere else. (FYI he's the start of a quest)

moonfellmage

So this was my day in a nutshell:

You walk into an inn unknowingly butt naked after selling everything you own, get ready for a nice little sleep after slaying three dragons, two mammoths + giants, three sabre cats, and a really unlucky troll. The jarl happens to be sitting in your room drinking. *awkward!* . . . and somehow the guards come in and slap you for a forty because you shouted at a chicken - a CHICKEN! . . . then you press the wrong speech and they (and the jarl) whale on you until there is nothing more than a throbbing red pile'o'flesh and a restart in the last city you were in before shouting at that cursed chicken. :/

I love Skyrim far too much to be angry at it . . . :D

Wildroses

That awkward moment where you love your dog, but decide to be noble and let your daughter keep it when she begs...only to spend the next few days listening to your housecarl, your steward and all your kids including the one who begged for it say: "Stupid dog!" every time they cross paths. Fine, if you jerks don't appreciate my wonderful dog, I'm taking it travelling with me again!

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
That awkward moment where you love your dog, but decide to be noble and let your daughter keep it when she begs...only to spend the next few days listening to your housecarl, your steward and all your kids including the one who begged for it say: "Stupid dog!" every time they cross paths. Fine, if you jerks don't appreciate my wonderful dog, I'm taking it travelling with me again!

I was out in the wilderness once, and a hunter called his own hunting dog stupid. I shot him in the face and let the dog free.

That awkward moment when you literally disintegrate a dragon and this huge monster becomes a small pile of ash. out of which you suddenly get a dragon soul.

Fiiralmo

2nd Aldmeri Emissary to Skyrim
That awkward moment when you give your daughter a 5000 gold allowance and all she says is "thanks." Bitch please

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
That awkward moment when a Thalmor Justiciar shouts "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" o_O

Daelon DuLac

Houses are about the only thing I do spend money on, I've literally went through whole games without spending a septim on anything else.

The drinking guy will show on in a random tavern and stay there, I think it's just the one place per game, though if you start a new game he might show up somewhere else. (FYI he's the start of a quest)
Yup. Finished him off yesterday. Really dumb quest and I got a staff that I will never use (kinda like the wabbajack). At least I got to kill a bunch of mages and pickup some loot.

Daelon DuLac

You're right. I did decorate yesterday (although I skipped an alchemist lab since I already have one with an enchanting lab in Markath, so I still have one dusty corner, but I do have a door now (unfortunately, that doesn't keep Lydia out of my bedroom) At least Lydia will have a nice place to stay until I sacrifice her. I live in Markath.

Zaralink

Legendary Dovahkiin
That awkward moment when I'm asked to wabbajack someone after turning my follower into something more...interesting.

Daelon DuLac

Also that awkward moment when a guard calls me a milk drinker after watching me slay a dragon and absorb it's soul.
Althought that's more of a stupid moment than an awkward one.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
That awkward moment when you find yourself instinctively checking real-life fallen logs and stumps for Mora Tapinella...or fighting the impulse to grab butterflies out of the air...damn you, alchemy.

Fiiralmo

2nd Aldmeri Emissary to Skyrim
The awkward moment when you realize that the technique for picking locks in the game does not work in real life:oops:

ThePauperKing

Commando Chicken
That awkward moment when your horse dies from falling of a mountain, and you're stuck in a tree while being in ragdoll mode, but you can't get out of it...

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
That awkward moment when you realize that your Skyrim marriage is better than your real marriage was :eek: Haha, sad but basically true.

Zaralink

Legendary Dovahkiin
That awkward moment when you try to shoot somebody stealthily, only to epic fail and get discovered

Moonwort

That awkward moment when you wake from a good night's sleep in Proudspire Manor in the middle of Imperial held Solitude to see a Stormcloak soldier run up from your basement and out the front door. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts