Psiberzerker's Build Clinic

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Nope, going with the Khajiit to try that out.
Archery +5
Lockpicking +5
One-Handed +5
Pickpocket +5
Sneak +10
Your Sneak will be near Overpowering early in the game. Don't use 1 handed to start, switch to a Claw so you can level up Achery with sneak shots. I'm gonna go ahead, and spoil this, you're in for a bunch of Stelth Kills with the possibility of Random Enchounters for experience. One shot, 1 kill, over. You don't get a bow in this quest line, but the final 1 handed dual wield combo is nigh invincible if you know how to use it. (Sword, and Dagger.)

Light Armor first, Thief's stone, pick locks, but never invest a point in it. This is just to give you more levels to put in Sneak, Archery, and 1 Handed. Light armor will probably not go up that much. Health until you no longer feel likely to die in 1 hit, then Stamina, when you can spare points on it. Don't even think about Magicka.

Save up levels for mid fight total heals. You can invest in defense if you ever need it. You're weak against magic, so Atronach Stone, (I know, again.) once you're done with Thief. If your 2H is too low, then go get the Warrior, and side quest to beat up Bandits/Forsworn.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Your Sneak will be near Overpowering early in the game. Don't use 1 handed to start, switch to a Claw so you can level up Achery with sneak shots. I'm gonna go ahead, and spoil this, you're in for a bunch of Stelth Kills with the possibility of Random Enchounters for experience. One shot, 1 kill, over. You don't get a bow in this quest line, but the final 1 handed dual wield combo is nigh invincible if you know how to use it. (Sword, and Dagger.)

Light Armor first, Thief's stone, pick locks, but never invest a point in it. This is just to give you more levels to put in Sneak, Archery, and 1 Handed. Light armor will probably not go up that much. Health until you no longer feel likely to die in 1 hit, then Stamina, when you can spare points on it. Don't even think about Magicka.

Save up levels for mid fight total heals. You can invest in defense if you ever need it. You're weak against magic, so Atronach Stone, (I know, again.) once you're done with Thief. If your 2H is too low, then go get the Warrior, and side quest to beat up Bandits/Forsworn.

I was thinking archery, to stay in the shadows and pick'em off, with a shield and sword/axe for when they rush me.

Pick locks, but don't invest in it, that is what you meant....right?

Using LA, but not leveling up, how do I increase it? I was thinking with a shield, healing spell, and an overzealous beginning attacker.

That's a lot of information to sort through, but thanks. More things to look for & investigate.

I was thinking archery, to stay in the shadows and pick'em off, with a shield and sword/axe for when they rush me.

Pick locks, but don't invest in it, that is what you meant....right?

Using LA, but not leveling up, how do I increase it? I was thinking with a shield, healing spell, and an overzealous beginning attacker.
Right, use the Lockpicks for XP, and Loot, but don't buy any Perks in it. Oh, and Faendal until he's no longer helpful, just handmedown Armor and give him the best arrow you got. He'll make more. Then, Jenassa. Don't tell them to do anything, just collect Leather, improve both of your Armors, and get Steel Smithy to improve a Foresworn Bow. Keep an eye out of Steel Ingots, and improve it some more on the grind stone whenever your Smithing goes up (If you can.)

You'll be fine, skip the main quest until you can shoot down a Dragon before it kills you.

Joker

Right, use the Lockpicks for XP, and Loot, but don't buy any Perks in it. Oh, and Faendal until he's no longer helpful, just handmedown Armor and give him the best arrow you got. He'll make more. Then, Jenassa. Don't tell them to do anything, just collect Leather, improve both of your Armors, and get Steel Smithy to improve a Foresworn Bow. Keep an eye out of Steel Ingots, and improve it some more on the grind stone whenever your Smithing goes up (If you can.)

You'll be fine, skip the main quest until you can shoot down a Dragon before it kills you.

So, just give Faendal/Jenassa one of my best arrows, and come back later, and they will have made more of that arrow?

Hunt until then, and kill whatever I come across in the woods?

Seriously? Won't that kind of take me too high for the caverns, caves & giants???????
You mean High Level? Gosh no, you want the highest possible level to have enough perk points to spread around, and Health to survive in Light Armor. There is not "Too High" with this build, if you stick with it long enough, I could take it to level 81. (Actually have a real good start with the High Elf.)

Joker

You mean High Level? Gosh no, you want the highest possible level to have enough perk points to spread around, and Health to survive in Light Armor. There is not "Too High" with this build, if you stick with it long enough, I could take it to level 81. (Actually have a real good start with the High Elf.)

Ok, Psiberzerker, where should I focus my points for a Khajiit sneaky archer?

Joker

Same place, pretty much the exact same build. You have literally nothing to gain from starting Over, except Claw Damage, and Nighteye.
Oh, ok, cool.... I will go get the thief stone, look for the atronach thing then too. Thanks!

Nighthiker77

I am going to try a crafting-only type build and a no-crafting build.

I'm obviously going to use other skills in the crafting build, but not perk any of them. Kind of like a mortal Bruce Wayne with awesome tools to help get the job done. If i don't get tired of or frustrated with it, it could easily level into the 60's. I Philosophically speaking, would it be like cheating to stop taking levels when I run out of perk spots allowed, or should I just take them, bank the extra perks, and boost stats?

I'm already a little torn about no crafting. The first thing I want to do out of Helgen is hit Alvors workbench and grindstone. I haven't used much magic yet, but my vision for this character is someone that could run right through Cidna Mine with nothing. I'm planning on primary conjuration, illusion, bound sword (until windshear) dual wield, bound bow, and sneak with secondary light armor and maybe block. Since I'm used to making whatever I want, this will force me to use what is available. I strongly prefer the stormcloak side, but I'm thinking Altmer for mobility and more magica/daily power but I'm having trouble with figuring out how I can make that work in my head. Do you think there is a better racial ability set for this? I really like Breton females, but i hate giving up so much height and movement speed.

Also, is there a rough estimate anywhere with X skills maxed and no other skills used where that would put your level?

I am going to try a crafting-only type build and a no-crafting build.

I'm obviously going to use other skills in the crafting build, but not perk any of them. Kind of like a mortal Bruce Wayne with awesome tools to help get the job done. If i don't get tired of or frustrated with it, it could easily level into the 60's. I Philosophically speaking, would it be like cheating to stop taking levels when I run out of perk spots allowed, or should I just take them, bank the extra perks, and boost stats?

I'm already a little torn about no crafting. The first thing I want to do out of Helgen is hit Alvors workbench and grindstone. I haven't used much magic yet, but my vision for this character is someone that could run right through Cidna Mine with nothing. I'm planning on primary conjuration, illusion, bound sword (until windshear) dual wield, bound bow, and sneak with secondary light armor and maybe block. Since I'm used to making whatever I want, this will force me to use what is available. I strongly prefer the stormcloak side, but I'm thinking Altmer for mobility and more magica/daily power but I'm having trouble with figuring out how I can make that work in my head. Do you think there is a better racial ability set for this? I really like Breton females, but i hate giving up so much height and movement speed.

Also, is there a rough estimate anywhere with X skills maxed and no other skills used where that would put your level?
For no crafting, Conjuration, Archery, Sneak. Get Bound bow, and good summons, maybe a back-up for when they close. Bound Sword works fine, you just need Sneak up to Deadly Aim, close enough to shoot them. Armor is Optional, based on Difficulty.

Ultra-Light: Bound Bow, Shield, Summons, Robes, Sneak, Block, Conjuration, and Archery.
Light: Any combination of Shield, Alteration, and Light Armor. All 3 for Expert Difficulty
Light Armor: Whatever's Clever, and a Novice Hood to start, so you can cast the bow. (Altmer)
Medium Armor: Ranked Robes of Conjuration, Heavy Armor, Shield, or all 3 of Light.
Light Tank: If you get enough Heavy Armor for Conditioned, there's no reason not to strap on the Ebony Mail for Warning, poison damage at Bash reach, and the lightest Heavy Armor you can find with the best. Late game outfit, pretty much at the end of the build. Best starter heavy is Wolf Armor for it's lack of weight. Crafting, or not, if you're Smithing, then that, and a nice piece Skyforge Steel, and an outfit won't weigh you down as much. Basically trade Conjouration for Crafting just to get to the OP faster.

For the Crafter, get a good Tank Follower, and let them do most of the fighting. Come around, and hit them from behind, or snipe with a Bow, and stay out of it. Or, Tank&Spank with a Shield, and a high DPSer, like Dual Wield Jenassa. Orc, and if you Do have to step right in the fight, you can always pop Berserker Rage. Smith/Alc, and collect for Enchanting.

Joker

Psiberzerker, I am really getting into this game now, thanks for the guidance. The Redguard Archer is moving along great. I do wonder, though, can you make it through this game using primarily magic as a weapon? I know that when you use a lot of magic, you level too quickly and get hammered......

I mean, can you go through using magic and beat them down? I am not ready, not yet. I tried, and I think I went about it in the wrong manner.

Psiberzerker, I am really getting into this game now, thanks for the guidance. The Redguard Archer is moving along great. I do wonder, though, can you make it through this game using primarily magic as a weapon? I know that when you use a lot of magic, you level too quickly and get hammered......

I mean, can you go through using magic and beat them down? I am not ready, not yet. I tried, and I think I went about it in the wrong manner.
Yes, Conjuration can provide all the Offense you need to win without Weapons, and Followers. Destruction generally seems to be better for Supporting your summons. Alteration, and Restoration help you survive that long, and Illusion can be used to not be detected, temporarily lower the threat of some enemies, or turn them against each other.

None of these make YOU the primary threat. I can be done with Destruction, but not for very long, because you run out of Magicka. There's also no way to make a Mage actually Strong in them melee like a Warrior, that's what Warriors are for. And Hybrids, the best way to be a badass, and a Mage is to use spells with Weapons/armor. So far, the least amount of that (So you don't become a Warrior with some magic rather than a combat capable Mage) is Block. 1 Peise of Armor that doesn't interfere with your Magic, and can be used offensively. Not to deal magic, but to keep them off balance so you don't have to burn your Magicka up with Impact.

Otherwise, Magic can be combined with Weapons (Spellsword) Armor (Sorcerer) Stealth (Nightblade) or a combination of the three.

Joker

Psiberzerker, so if you use Conjuration, Alteration, & Restoration with a Shield + Dagger or bow, that would be more lethal than just magicka or just weaponry?

Psiberzerker, so if you use Conjuration, Alteration, & Restoration with a Shield & Dagger, that would be more lethal than just magicka or just weaponry?
Depends on how you use it, but yes, that would be a powerful combo. You might get caught up in the transition from at range, and close quarters, but definitely doable. Just get to Farengar for Bound Sword, Oakflesh, and Lesser Ward before you set off Adventuring. The Dagger also has a slight disadvantage in Reach. It can be fast enough to strike twice in between Bashes, but some animals (Skeevers all the way up to Sabercats) recoil out of Reach when you bash them, so you have to step in, and/or use a longer weapon. Also, Dragons like to hover, and straffe while blasting you from the air. While there are sommuns capable of shooting them down (Storm Atronachs) they're high level, and that basically leaves you cowering behind a rock until it brings them down.

Joker

Depends on how you use it, but yes, that would be a powerful combo. You might get caught up in the transition from at range, and close quarters, but definitely doable. Just get to Farengar for Bound Sword, Oakflesh, and Lesser Ward before you set off Adventuring. The Dagger also has a slight disadvantage in Reach. It can be fast enough to strike twice in between Bashes, but some animals (Skeevers all the way up to Sabercats) recoil out of Reach when you bash them, so you have to step in, and/or use a longer weapon. Also, Dragons like to hover, and straffe while blasting you from the air. While there are sommuns capable of shooting them down (Storm Atronachs) they're high level, and that basically leaves you cowering behind a rock until it brings them down.

So, build up Conj until I could use a bound sword, carry a bow until I can cast bound bow, and it would be good?

What would that build look like?