Spoiler Biggest douche in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Ulfric. Hands down. Not even close. While Nazeem, Jarl Siddgier, and the others are giant douches in their own rights, none of them can compete with our good rebel leader.

Why, you ask? It's simple. Someone stated that while Ulfric is a douche, he has a reason, which makes it okay. I disagree. It's Ulfrics reason for being a douche, that makes him the crown prince of douchedom. He wanted to be High King. Plain and simple. For that reason, he started a war, using religion as an excuse (much like quite a few real life bag-douches, actually). Nobody in Skyrim, barring the Dragons, have anywhere near the amount of blood on their hands as Ulfric Douchecloak.
I actually don't count his power grab as much as allowing his hold to fall to plopse because he's out there playing Rebel. Yeah, he speaks about injustice, and patriotism, but I get the feeling he just thinks he's better than anyone else, even the nords. So give him a dishonorable mention for He Who Fights Monsters. I can't give him any award, even a boobie prize, because he's bound to accept it on behalf of his people, or somesuch nonsense.

KattSand

Premium Member
SPOILERS FROM THE THIEVES GUILD QUEST LINE just in case someone hasn't done the quest yet :D

I'll actually have to say Karliah, and this is why:

She puts an arrow in your chest...Made a "split second decision" my a**! Mercer was right there! I'm sure you could have shot him if instead if you really wanted to. Even worse is the fact that she expects you to be grateful.....for getting shot! Because after all, that poison did take her a yeeeear to perfect.

She lures you into nightingale hall without ever telling you why, even after getting the nightingale armor on, she just keeps leading you deeper into the cave only to reveal that the purpose of you being there, is to basically give your soul to Nocturnal.

And that has nothing to do with Mercer, we could have beaten him without having to sell our souls, it is my firm belief that Karliah did all that just to regain Nocturnals favor. The whole "but Mercer is a nightingale and we can't defeat him without giving up our souls" is just total bs. She wanted to get back on Nocturnals good side so she sold you out.

I know a lot of people like Karliah but I'm just not feeling her. The whole nightingale thing just ruined the TG quest line for me.

Moris

SPOILERS FROM THE THIEVES GUILD QUEST LINE just in case someone hasn't done the quest yet :D

She puts an arrow in your chest...Made a "split second decision" my a**! Mercer was right there! I'm sure you could have shot him if instead if you really wanted to. Even worse is the fact that she expects you to be grateful.....for getting shot! Because after all, that poison did take her a yeeeear to perfect.

She lures you into nightingale hall without ever telling you why, even after getting the nightingale armor on, she just keeps leading you deeper into the cave only to reveal that the purpose of you being there, is to basically give your soul to Nocturnal.

And that has nothing to do with Mercer, we could have beaten him without having to sell our souls, it is my firm belief that Karliah did all that just to regain Nocturnals favor. The whole "but Mercer is a nightingale and we can't defeat him without giving up our souls" is just total bs. She wanted to get back on Nocturnals good side so she sold you out.

I know a lot of people like Karliah but I'm just not feeling her. The whole nightingale thing just ruined the TG quest line for me.

It didn't exactly ruin it for me, but I did have to break out of character to complete the quest in one particular playthrough.

And indeed I remember fighting with Mercer. The dude was nothing, and one of the worst followers in the game from a stealth standpoint. Nocturnal didn't give this dragonborn anything she needed to defeat him (except removal of his essential status).

So, yeah, your interpretation of Karliah's motives sound about right to me. But then the TG is filled with a bunch of people whose morality isn't exactly exemplary. You can't get involved with them at all without getting dirty.

feliciano182

And indeed I remember fighting with Mercer. The dude was nothing, and one of the worst followers in the game from a stealth standpoint. Nocturnal didn't give this dragonborn anything she needed to defeat him (except removal of his essential status).

Technically, you were "lucky enough" to defeat Mercer thanks to Nocturnal........I think.

Though frankly, I kinda liked the whole "give your soul, receive inmense power" angle, specially with my Dragonborn, who I'm pretty sure that, like most people, he owes his soul to Hircine, Nocturnal and Sithis.

Oh god, the afterlife is going to be so much fun for Johann :D

Wildroses

I decided not to consider Mercer Frey a douche just because his stealth skills as a follower made me laugh so very much. No joke, he actually said to me: "Don't blunder into those bone chimes and wake the draugr" right before doing exactly that, and he also told me to pull the chain to open the door and beware of the spikes, then didn't move from the danger zone as I pulled the chain. I've never laughed so much playing Skyrim as I did when Mercer was my temporary follower.

Docta Corvina

I decided not to consider Mercer Frey a douche just because his stealth skills as a follower made me laugh so very much. No joke, he actually said to me: "Don't blunder into those bone chimes and wake the draugr" right before doing exactly that, and he also told me to pull the chain to open the door and beware of the spikes, then didn't move from the danger zone as I pulled the chain. I've never laughed so much playing Skyrim as I did when Mercer was my temporary follower.

Same here, Mercer's not on my personal hate list because he just IS so damned hilarious as a follower and as a character overall. I've actually used the follower exploit on Xbox for months now with him, in that I've had him accompanying me as an extra follower in addition to my standard one (whoever that happens to be at the time, currently it's Teldryn). He's invincible, which is nice, and his commentary in battle is priceless. He's been a blast to use for 'Dragonborn'. On PC at least I can use the UFO mod and have him whenever. :p

For the record, I don't much care for Karliah or Nocturnal. I actually kinda think Mercer was on to something during that little rant/speech he gives you later. I wanna punch Nocturnal in the face, to be honest.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Karliah's voice is more annoying than Cicero's; at least I can hear what Cicero's rambling on about, unlike Karliah who makes me feel like I'm losing my sense of hearing.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Karliah's voice is more annoying than Cicero's; at least I can hear what Cicero's rambling on about, unlike Karliah who makes me feel like I'm losing my sense of hearing.

I can understand her fine but then again my Mrs is from the same part of the world as her voice actor.

That was brave. I thought of her, but I get enough flames on here already. She doesn't sound sexy, unless you like Emphasema. And yeah, if you were thinking with your brain instead of an organ lower on your body, it could have been you sticking it to Mercer when he was down. Then, you could have skipped off with her to the Nightingales as your reward. Oh, and why doesn't Brynjolf want to be Guildmaster? So the Dragonborn can, of course, but it's so out of character for him. It's like Han Solo turning down the Millenium Falcon because he cheated Lando in cards.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
That was brave. I thought of her, but I get enough flames on here already. She doesn't sound sexy, unless you like Emphasema. And yeah, if you were thinking with your brain instead of an organ lower on your body, it could have been you sticking it to Mercer when he was down. Then, you could have skipped off with her to the Nightingales as your reward. Oh, and why doesn't Brynjolf want to be Guildmaster? So the Dragonborn can, of course, but it's so out of character for him. It's like Han Solo turning down the Millenium Falcon because he cheated Lando in cards.

Hey you know what they say upstairs for thinking downstairs for dancing.

AdrianLee

I have a hard time with Karliah. I also dislike Maven Black-Briar , she pretends to be the Alpha as fuark. Power-Hungry Prostitute that one.

Hey you know what they say, "upstairs for thinking, downstairs for dancing."
Had to read that a couple times, as I'm unfamiliar with that idiom. Regardless, when do you get to "Dance" with Karliah? After she poisons you, lets Mercer get away, gets you to do her bidding what do you get out of it from her? A peck on the cheek? No. Better to follow your brain than be led around by your... Leash.

KattSand

Premium Member
Same here, Mercer's not on my personal hate list because he just IS so damned hilarious as a follower and as a character overall. I've actually used the follower exploit on Xbox for months now with him, in that I've had him accompanying me as an extra follower in addition to my standard one (whoever that happens to be at the time, currently it's Teldryn). He's invincible, which is nice, and his commentary in battle is priceless. He's been a blast to use for 'Dragonborn'. On PC at least I can use the UFO mod and have him whenever. :p

For the record, I don't much care for Karliah or Nocturnal. I actually kinda think Mercer was on to something during that little rant/speech he gives you later. I wanna punch Nocturnal in the face, to be honest.

Mercer doesn't make my list either, dude just wanted to get rich, even if it meant stealing from the guild, oh the irony, a thief stealing from his own guild. He is fun in battle "that wasn't a fight, that was an execution!" love how he also takes credit for your kills most of the time :D

Hmm, Nocturnal is kind of a douche too, this is the only time in the game where you are forced to give your soul to a daedric prince in order to finish a quest line. With the others, you can choose to ignore them all together, but not with Nocturnal. And she doesn't even let you keep the key, instead you get to choose from 3 power that I personally never use.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts