What if you could join Alduin?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Whose side would you take?

• The Dragons

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • The Empire

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • The Stormcloaks

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

SparkyBoii

Its' something I've been thinking about, what if as you where about to enter the keep at Helgen Alduin swoops down and traps you before reviling that you are Dragonborn, he would then go on to give you an ultimatum. Join the Imperials or Stormcloaks in their petty war or join him and the Dragons in their quest for domination which would end with the defeat of both sides, the death of the Greybeards (Minus the big guy who would join you) and the Blades along with the return off the Dragon Cult who would take over from the Jarls, ending with Alduin, before leaving to conquer the rest of Tamriel, leaving the Dragonborn in charge of Skyrim. Just my thoughts but I want to know what you guys think and if you could join the Dragons would you?

Discuss :)

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
"Except the big guy who would join you" What the hell. Paarthurnax would die protecting the Greybeards. He helped the late Nords destroy Alduin once, he won't just join back for fun. Also, Alduin would never let him back after what he'd done.

SparkyBoii

"Except the big guy who would join you" What the hell. Paarthurnax would die protecting the Greybeards. He helped the late Nords destroy Alduin once, he won't just join back for fun. Also, Alduin would never let him back after what he'd done.

I get you, I'm just relaying the events I'd most like to happen, I know Paarthurnax would prob protect the Greybeards but it'd pain me to kill a badass like him so I'd like to think I could convince him to join me rather than have to kill him :p

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I get you, I'm just relaying the events I'd most like to happen, I know Paarthurnax would prob protect the Greybeards but it'd pain me to kill a badass like him so I'd like to think I could convince him to join me rather than have to kill him :p
You wouldn't have to kill him if you don't want to, but Alduin would want to so.... You can just watch like you can while taking Whiterun. :)

SparkyBoii

You wouldn't have to kill him if you don't want to, but Alduin would want to so.... You can just watch like you can while taking Whiterun. :)

Haha! I'td be even harder to watch! :p But yeah you're right, suppose there has to be a downside :p

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
You know besides the whole wanting to devour your soul and viewing all mortals including dragonborn as inferior and likely seeing the dragonborn as a threat to the dragons, great idea. I would not want to see this.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Its' something I've been thinking about, what if as you where about to enter the keep at Helgen Alduin swoops down and traps you before reviling that you are Dragonborn, he would then go on to give you an ultimatum.
swoopingisbad-1.jpg

And I'd rather join the Thalmor than the dragons.

I'd quite like to join the dragons and i think bethesda should create this as a dlc in the future plus their all ready thinking of putting in dragon mounts that would be awesome and i think that this would be an epic storyline even if it was just 20 more hours.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I'd quite like to join the dragons and i think bethesda should create this as a dlc in the future plus their all ready thinking of putting in dragon mounts that would be awesome and i think that this would be an epic storyline even if it was just 20 more hours.
Since when have they been "thinking about dragon mounts." All I've heard are fans pleading for it. I don't think it's lore-friendly, it shouldn't happen.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I would join him. I think the game should've had the option to turn evil. Not everyone wants to always be the hero. Some people like to play the villain every now and then.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
I would join him. I think the game should've had the option to turn evil. Not everyone wants to always be the hero. Some people like to play the villain every now and then.

Yes! Being the hero in every TES gets boring quick, why not let us be giant dragons for once

Exelex

I hate being the hero in most games any way, so my choice of allegiance is obvious. That could be a great DLC; where you can actually be the bad guy.

And what would Alduin do I if said no? It's not like he's going to fly away and let you live.

Not to mention, why would you join him? Once he grows powerful enough and takes control of Tamirel. He would treat you as a loose end and just eliminate you.

Exelex

And what would Alduin do I if said no? It's not like he's going to fly away and let you live.

Not to mention, why would you join him? Once he grows powerful enough and takes control of Tamirel. He would treat you as a loose end and just eliminate you.
Not if your intentions were to work along side him and then betray him as well (being that you are the Dovahkiin and can use Dragonrend on him).

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

The game already has heaps of ways to turn evil, from the Theives Guild, Dark Brotherhood, the several Daedric quests, and of course being a vampire lord.
Although I admit joining the dragons would be a great alternative quest line to the Blades.
It'd also be cool to join the Forsworn, Vigil of Stendarr, the Thalmor, in fact, why not:
25700096.jpg

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
The game already has heaps of ways to turn evil, from the Theives Guild, Dark Brotherhood, the several Daedric quests, and of course being a vampire lord.
Although I admit joining the dragons would be a great alternative quest line to the Blades.
It'd also be cool to join the Forsworn, Vigil of Stendarr, the Thalmor, in fact, why not:
25700096.jpg

More of world domination evil (Now we need Dr. Evil) alot of them stop past a certain point when there was so much to build on (Vamp storyline)

Not if your intentions were to work along side him and then betray him as well (being that you are the Dovahkiin and can use Dragonrend on him).
This contains spoilers, so please don't read if you haven't finished the main quest.
You learn Dragonrend from an Elder Scroll that the Blades/Greybeards/and Paarth tell you about. You wouldn't know of it's existence. And even if you did, you would probably would not know how to obtain it. Also when you fight Alduin you still have some allies with you. Which includes Paarth when you fight Alduin on the throat of the world, and then the Heroes of Sovngarde when you defeat Alduin. And I doubt any of Alduin's buddies would be willing to aid you in a coup.

Exelex

It'd also be cool to join the Forsworn, Vigil of Stendarr, the Thalmor, in fact, why not.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Yeah, sure you can join those guilds and have a sense of being the bad guy, especially if you could join the Thalmor. But either way you look at it, no matter what guilds you join and what side-quest you complete, you're still the Dovahkiin that will save the world in the main quest. They should have gave you some option to help destroy the world or something around those lines. That would have made the RPG an even greater game, giving players the option to either save the world or destroy it.

Squirrel_killer-

Since when have they been "thinking about dragon mounts." All I've heard are fans pleading for it. I don't think it's lore-friendly, it shouldn't happen.
Dragon mounts were shown in the Jam.

Squirrel_killer-

I was waiting for someone to say that. Yeah, sure you can join those guilds and have a sense of being the bad guy, especially if you could join the Thalmor. But either way you look at it, no matter what guilds you join and what side-quest you complete, you're still the Dovahkiin that will save the world in the main quest. They should have gave you some option to help destroy the world or something around those lines. That would have made the RPG an even greater game, giving players the option to either save the world or destroy it.
However, they avoid big things like that in these games for one simple reason. TES games are sequential, meaning the effects need to carry one. Maybe you could arrange it so that you achieve the same goal, but come out with a different reasoning. Infamous 1 did a good job of this. The whole story line screamed "sequel" but the ending was good or evil. It allowed you to play the bad guy with the same ending, and thus things turned out the same for when you started the second game. In an TES game it could be where you stop someone from some form of power, or quest to do so yourself but ultimately the end result is failure. This would be lore friendly for future games.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts