What annoys you the most in the game?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
To me it used to be Lyndia with her dialogue. Like the "Oh" when you entered a cavern/mine or her "Huh?" when you tried to push past her after exploring a corner of something and she boxed me in so I couldn't pass and the all time dreaded expression "I am sworn to carry your burden" when you tried to load her up with the loot you couldn't carry and stuff. (Man I hated that and practically hid my face in my hands each time I had to hear it)

But that was BEFORE I met Barbas. Ok...like... WTF? That dog is like a mini battering ram with ADHD. He won't think twice of pushing you off a cliff if you are standing on the edge or fouling up your shot if you are trying to snipe someone in stealth mode. When I completed the quest and was had the choice of keeping the axe, I had to fight the urge to turn around and reduce him to fur and firewood. I hope I don't come across another companion/follower like that again.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I have two... scratch that, three major issues.
The first is a glitch that makes it so you get missions,like talking to Brynolf (theives guild dude), but then after completing the entire questyou still have that in misc. quest to go talk to him. It's like "Trolololo, you just did the guild quest line, but this one little part shall never be removed from your journal, therefore you never completed it, so now you FAIL!"
The second one is the Blades. Seriously, I thought they were so bada** in the last game, and even Morrowing, but then here they come in Skyrim that their flwed logic of killing paarturnax, spoiler, because he betrayed alduin to help humanity overthrow the Dragon Cult. And then when you deny them the 'apperant luxury' of being their *****, they get mad and deny me any help! I,m supposed to be the leader, not the old farts that wouldn't know logic if it came and slapped them in the faces.
And lastly, I CANNOT KILL MAVEN BLACK-BRIAR!!!!! I can kill that idiot Sibbi while he's in prison (fireball), but no one else! I would spare her other children since they are not so bad, and probably could be "persuaded" into being more modeled citizen, but I really want Maven DEAD! I would be extatic to electocute the ***** and the reanimate her to be my pet trolls personal sex slave! Muhahahahahaha!
... Kay I'm good.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Being associated with the blades, and having to hear the diarrhea words that's coming out of Delphines mouth. I also find it annoying how they're ordering me to kill Paarthurnax when I am suppose to be in charge around here. Oh and I find it highly annoying that I have to sell my soul to a Daedric lord ,nocturnal, just to defeat a rouge leader of the theives guild. Yeah after defeating the world eater... it's safe to say that I don't need nocturnal to help me fight this ass that tried to kill me.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Wow, my gripes are petty to these. But then again, I am not that far along in the game yet.
you'll get there... and there WILL BE BLOOOOOOOOOOD...

Why is it that, as ArchMage, I still cannot get to read all the books in the library, or be taught all of the spells that my underlings know?

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Oh and I find it highly annoying that I have to sell my soul to a Daedric lord ,nocturnal, just to defeat a rouge leader of the theives guild. Yeah after defeating the world eater... it's safe to say that I don't need nocturnal to help me fight this ass that tried to kill me.
To be fair, you didn't know how hard he would be without Nocturnal's help. He had the skeleton key, and was apparently able to unlock power within himself. Remember when he knocked over that huge pillar? Maybe Nocturnal stopped him from doing that to your face.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
To be fair, you didn't know how hard he would be without Nocturnal's help. He had the skeleton key, and was apparently able to unlock power within himself. Remember when he knocked over that huge pillar? Maybe Nocturnal stopped him from doing that to your face.

Nothing fair about it. Even after my soul was tainted by this Nocturnal bitch I didn't even get Nightingale powers to help defeat Mercer. I only got it until after he was killed, and that I returned the skeleton key to the crow bitch. If only we had the option of saying no to Karliah prior to taking the oath, and using intimidation of our speech craft to convince her to tell me where Mercer is at. It ruffled up my feathers that I was forced to becoming a Nightingale. Like I need powers of a Daedric lord when I already have powers that was given to me by Akatosh.

osheao

i have 3 major problems with skyrim:

no hardcore mode with multiple additions beyond sleep/eat.
no attributes: perks can't replace the fundamentals of what a character and their abilities are.
no competent options within the settings and h.u.d.

The Twitchy Cat

Batman is shocked at your comment.
I've said it once and I'll say it again.

"Something has shifted in the moons, brother."

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
The loading screens drive me insane. I did a quest yesterday that took me a total of 25 minutes - probably would have taken at most 10 without constant loading screens going in and out of buildings and cities.

Other than that, the only real complaints I have are that you have to keep rotating towns if you have a lot to sell because of the vendor cash situation, and the pretty significant glitches it seems Bethesda didn't even bother to test.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
Wolves, bears, and all the other random animals that chase you while you're on your horse, that you had to GET OFF YOUR HORSE to kill. Okay, mounted combat fixed this problem but it's still annoying when there's like 6 wolves running around.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Wolves, bears, and all the other random animals that chase you while you're on your horse, that you had to GET OFF YOUR HORSE to kill. Okay, mounted combat fixed this problem but it's still annoying when there's like 6 wolves running around.
I just keep on riding, I got bigger fish to fry.
The horse can easily outrun anything in the game. (except werewolfs, but I haven't met any in the wild.)

Bourn

Aerin. He follow's Mjoll around, an therefore me. He comes into Vlindrel Hall, and Proudspire knocking plops over. And when I killed him once, Mjoll got mad, so I reloaded it. Other than that, in the Skooma Trade quest, I have to kill hte bandits in that cave, but I cleared it once, and have to wait for them to respawn.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
When I find out that I need to beat an enemy that's to powerful to complete a quest. Like the Necromancer in Meriada's temple. Right after you kill him regardless of his INSTANT KILL frost spell, his 3 meter tall personal Shade is their to finish me and Lydia off.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
When I need to wait or Fast travel, and I can't because there are invisible enemies lurking about..

El Fonz0

That the Companions have follower dialogue like every other follower. Even the College Students have better follower dialogue then them. I would have loved to hear Farkas make amusingly dumb comments.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
When I find out that I need to beat an enemy that's to powerful to complete a quest. Like the Necromancer in Meriada's temple. Right after you kill him regardless of his INSTANT KILL frost spell, his 3 meter tall personal Shade is their to finish me and Lydia off.
I hate that guy. On my two-handed warrior, I fought him OVER and OVER without a companion and it was frustrating as hell. One of the most satisfying things was stealthily killing each shade, one-by-one, until I got to him, slitting his throat, and then because of the wonder that is this game, slitting the throat of his shade form because it never spotted me.

I think one of the most annoying things for me is how Brynjolf refuses to speak to me ever again. He doesn't have to sit down and have a mead with me, but a little generic chit-chat would be nice. I am the leader, damnit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts