Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
He isn't "some guy" lmao.. And perhaps you need to re-read the quote, you seem to have misunderstood or just didn't read it properly.
I read it. I just means nothing because because it is too vague to understand. You said he said it meant the empire COULD be replaced, but it could mean that a new identity or new way of ruling could happen.

The dialogue was spoken during the Septim Empire (They are not the same as THIS empire) so it could mean that the Septim rule of Tamriel was getting old, and it was time the gods stepped back and let us mortals rule.
Do I really have to dignify such a stupid statement with a reply? READ ALL THE PARAGRAPH. If you still find it 'vague' then I'm sorry but your reading comprehension is pl***.

"The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is." - Empire is getting old, is that hard to understand?

"The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change." - Suggesting a change could be good.

"Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty."

I don't know what else I can possibly do to make you understand lol, it's simple. You really need to read up on your lore if you think that the idea of the Septim bloodline ceasing to exist by choice would even be considered. Did you even play Oblivion o_O
I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but you need to settle down. You seem to be getting all worked up over a simple disagreement. What do you do here when someone says you're wrong? Prove THEM wrong. No need for insults, they get you nothing but disrespect.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
800px-SR-place-Rift_Stormcloak_Camp.jpg

Stormcloaks learning how to be a Military, not quite there.

800px-SR-place-Rift_Imperial_Camp.jpg

800px-SR-place-Winterhold_Imperial_Camp.jpg

Imperial Legion, showing how professionals do it since the Second Era.

Lewsean

Likely solution to this debate.

"The Empire pulled out of Skyrim due to political instability in Cyrodiil, leaving Skyrim to fend for itself."

makes sense, since Talos himself even said the Empire is getting old, and that it might be time for something new.
You agree with me a year ago but not now ;(

Edit: I found your post out of pure luck trying to find an image to upload here haha.

imperialiars.png

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

The Empire is keeping the Dominion proper out of Skyrim, all you Stormcloaks should become lawyers going "But technically the Thalmor Justiciars are Agents of Aldmeri Dominion, they may not be the Military but they're still a section of the ruling body."

Last edited:

Lewsean

The Empire is keeping the Dominion proper out of Skyrim, all you Stormcloaks should become lawyers going "But technically the Thalmor Justiciars are Agents of Aldmeri Dominion, they may not be the Military but they're still a section of the ruling body."
Really... I expected a better response from you lol. That reasoning is awful, you're either keeping them out or letting them in, and it's obvious which one is correct. Justiciars are official enforces of the treaty, which was signed by the Empire, so constantly trying to convince people you're "keeping them out" is contradictory to what you're actually doing.

"We're keeping them out guys seriously, we just need to let a few death squads in to kidnap you, take you to prison and torture/murder you"

General Charles Xander

Really... I expected a better response from you lol. That reasoning is awful, you're either keeping them out or letting them in, and it's obvious which one is correct. Justiciars are official enforces of the treaty, which was signed by the Empire, so constantly trying to convince people you're "keeping them out" is contradictory to what you're actually doing.

"We're keeping them out guys seriously, we just need to let a few death squads in to kidnap you, take you to prison and torture/murder you"
Ok, since you Stormcloaks say that the Dominion is already in Skyrim, I guess it couldn't hurt to let the rest of the Aldmeri forces inside right? Do you know how incorrect that sounds? If you think a fraction of the Thalmor is bad, how much better do you think letting the rest of the Dominion into Skyrim would be?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Empire doesn't claim to keep the Thalmor out. Thalmor Justiciars, no matter which way you want to swing it are not Military personnel.

The Thalmor Justiciars maintain a single embassy and a prison. They're allowed to root out Talos worship, and majority of their prisoners are either Stormcloak supporters or worshipers of Talos.

Their illegal operations, i.e death squads are not allowed. In fact they carry a note saying if caught, they can't be helped. They also use assets of different races such as Nords, Khajiit whatever.

You can't push out the Thalmor, sure you can remove their chaps who do 'official' things, which if you know the Thalmor would be about ten percent of their activities. Only way to actually defeat them is cutting off their head in Summerset Isle, ironically only the Empire can reach.

You have pushed out the Imperials, Skyrim is weakened and fairly unstable. You have to establish an entire new Government and economical system that makes Skyrim self sufficient. Ulfric now fears the Thalmor will give Skyrim greater attention, they won't come at you with brute strength. Espionage is their bread and butter, how do you combat this?

This isn't the First Era where Nordic honor and glory in battle served them well against foes who relied on soldiers.

Lewsean

Ok, since you Stormcloaks say that the Dominion is already in Skyrim, I guess it couldn't hurt to let the rest of the Aldmeri forces inside right? Do you know how incorrect that sounds? If you think a fraction of the Thalmor is bad, how much better do you think letting the rest of the Dominion into Skyrim would be?
I don't even know where to begin.. The Thalmor wouldn't be able to do a single thing in Skyrim without the support of the Empire, stop trying to justify it by saying it's the lesser of two evils.. You allow the Thalmor free reign of Skyrim, nothing more, nothing less. The only way they get to Skyrim is through Cyrodill, south of Falkreath which is, oh what a surprise, Imperial territory.

Empire doesn't claim to keep the Thalmor out. Thalmor Justiciars, no matter which way you want to swing it are not Military personnel.

The Thalmor Justiciars maintain a single embassy and a prison. They're allowed to root out Talos worship, and majority of their prisoners are either Stormcloak supporters or worshipers of Talos.

Their illegal operations, i.e death squads are not allowed. In fact they carry a note saying if caught, they can't be helped. They also use assets of different races such as Nords, Khajiit whatever.

You can't push out the Thalmor, sure you can remove their chaps who do 'official' things, which if you know the Thalmor would be about ten percent of their activities. Only way to actually defeat them is cutting off their head in Summerset Isle, ironically only the Empire can reach.

You have pushed out the Imperials, Skyrim is weakened and fairly unstable. You have to establish an entire new Government and economical system that makes Skyrim self sufficient. Ulfric now fears the Thalmor will give Skyrim greater attention, they won't come at you with brute strength. Espionage is their bread and butter, how do you combat this?

This isn't the First Era where Nordic honor and glory in battle served them well against foes who relied on soldiers.
Thalmor are Thalmor, doesn't matter what branch of the organisation they are part of. IT'S THE SAME ORGANISATION. Using the excuse that they aren't "official" millitary personal is funny and desperate. The only reason they have an embassy and a prison is through Imperial support, I guess because the people they abduct are your enemy it makes it fine, right?
The only note that says they can't be helped if caught is an execution order that has nothing to do with Talos worship, but the PC causing problems. Thalmor who are transporting prisoners are doing so legally by Imperial law.
Actions speak louder than words, and the only action the Empire is taking is fighting it's own people who are pissed off at the cowardice you show. You are an underling, and while you remain an underling you will achieve nothing. I find it intersting how you think the Thalmor only operate in the shadows of Skyrim, and Cyrodill is some super fortified anti dominion fortress that can never be breached, how do you expect to invade SSI or launch any type of attack whilst everything is monitored by your elven overlords? And don't tell me you're doing it in secret, because by your own account the Thalmor know everything, right? Your arrogance in thinking the Empire(A leaderless Empire at that) is the only province capable of doing anything in Tamriel to counter the Thalmor and that everyone else should follow suit will be your downfall.

Last edited:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The only way they get to Skyrim is through Cyrodill, south of Falkreath which is, oh what a surprise, Imperial territory.

If you're going through Cyrodiil, yes it is. If the Dominion got that far, you're already screwed, means they've defeated nearly every single Legion. That is more soldiers than the Stormcloaks could ever offer.

There are many ways into Skyrim from other provinces, such as High Rock, Hammerfell, Morrowind. Even Summerset Isles as mentioned by Niranye in Windhelm "Just got here from the Summerset Isles. Lots of opportunity in Skyrim."

Her line of work is illegal, she would have guards in her pocket. If she can bribe her way, what stops the Thalmor? There are no Imperial Agents snooping around finding Thalmor sympathizers and assets.

They can get within a stone's throw of Ulfric's palace, even get a nice house with the right amount of coin.

Lewsean

The only way they get to Skyrim is through Cyrodill, south of Falkreath which is, oh what a surprise, Imperial territory.

If you're going through Cyrodiil, yes it is. If the Dominion got that far, you're already screwed, means they've defeated nearly every single Legion. That is more soldiers than the Stormcloaks could ever offer.

There are many ways into Skyrim from other provinces, such as High Rock, Hammerfell, Morrowind. Even Summerset Isles as mentioned by Niranye in Windhelm "Just got here from the Summerset Isles. Lots of opportunity in Skyrim."

Her line of work is illegal, she would have guards in her pocket. If she can bribe her way, what stops the Thalmor? There are no Imperial Agents snooping around finding Thalmor sympathizers and assets.

They can get within a stone's throw of Ulfric's palace, even get a nice house with the right amount of coin.
Neither of which are loyal to the Empire, meaning they would have to travel through numerous hostile territories to get to Skyrim. The only region of men in Tamriel willing to do as the Elves say is Cyrodill, our great protectors.. Skyrim is located in the safest place of Tamriel, surrounded by the sea and provinces who hate the Thalmor just as much as the Stormcloaks do. If war happened and the Thalmor managed to get through Cyrodill I'm sure the amazing Legion would serve as great cannon fodder to thin their ranks and being able to get to Skyrim through one crossing would allow ANY troops to fight off a force that outnumbers them 5-1 atleast. She was a fence for the Thieves Guild, an organisation that operates in Stormcloak territory, she doesn't have to bribe anybody, I don't see what that has to do with the Thalmor.

General Charles Xander

Neither of which are loyal to the Empire, meaning they would have to travel through numerous hostile territories to get to Skyrim. The only region of men in Tamriel willing to do as the Elves say is Cyrodill, our great protectors.. Skyrim is located in the safest place of Tamriel, surrounded by the sea and provinces who hate the Thalmor just as much as the Stormcloaks do. If war happened and the Thalmor managed to get through Cyrodill I'm sure the amazing Legion would serve as great cannon fodder to thin their ranks and being able to get to Skyrim through one crossing would allow ANY troops to fight off a force that outnumbers them 5-1 atleast. She was a fence for the Thieves Guild, an organisation that operates in Stormcloak territory, she doesn't have to bribe anybody, I don't see what that has to do with the Thalmor.
He is proving to you how easy it is to get anywhere you want as long as you have the coin. Also Skyrim is surrounded by more than just the Sea Of Ghosts. Your Main disadvantage is numbers, which you appear to neglect to mention.

General Charles Xander

Lewsean

He is proving to you how easy it is to get anywhere you want as long as you have the coin. Also Skyrim is surrounded by more than just the Sea Of Ghosts. Your Main disadvantage is numbers, which you appear to neglect to mention.
And I'm proving that coin won't get a god damn Thalmor army into Skyrim from the SSI, using a High Elf trader from the SSI as an example as to how easy it would be for the Thalmor to do the same is ridiculous.. There is no disadvantage in numbers, you're welcome to prove me wrong, and don't worry.. I'll wait. Some of the statements you Imperial loyalist pluck out of thin air are hillarious, without ANY facts to back them up.

General Charles Xander

And I'm proving that coin won't get a god damn Thalmor army into Skyrim from the SSI, using a High Elf trader from the SSI as an example as to how easy it would be for the Thalmor to do the same is ridiculous.. There is no disadvantage in numbers, you're welcome to prove me wrong, and don't worry.. I'll wait. Some of the statements you Imperial loyalist pluck out of thin air are hillarious, without ANY facts to back them up.
So your saying that money doesn't make an army? How arrogant. Prove you wrong? Ok. The 4th legion is auxiliary, what does that mean? They are not even close to the standard expectations/strength of any other Legion. Tell me, besides the American Revolution, can you name any other instance where a smaller force won a war against a superior force? Even then, this is fantasy, which means magic and other things which decrease your odds even more. The only one plucking things out of thin air is you.

Lewsean

So your saying that money doesn't make an army? How arrogant. Prove you wrong? Ok. The 4th legion is auxiliary, what does that mean? They are not even close to the standard expectations/strength of any other Legion. Tell me, besides the American Revolution, can you name any other instance where a smaller force won a war against a superior force? Even then, this is fantasy, which means magic and other things which decrease your odds even more. The only one plucking things out of thin air is you.
I'm saying money won't get AN ARMY FROM THE SUMMERSET ISLES TO SKYRIM, what the hell does that have to do with building an army, how the hell did you come up with that reply when the conversation was about the Thalmor getting to Skyrim? What has the 4th legion got to do with anything and how is calling them a lesser force effecting the Stormcloaks or proving we have lesser numbers? Stating the Empire can't afford to have a force in more than one province is criticizing the Legion, not Skyrim o_O.. Stormcloaks are made up of mostly ex-legion soldiers. I told you to prove to me that the Stormcloaks have far fewer numbers than the Legion, so far you've failed to do that, in fact you've made a point for me that the Empire needs Skyrim for troops lol. You're mistaken if you think the Legion is such a superior force, and once again, I'll wait for you to prove it to me.

General Charles Xander

I'm saying money won't get AN ARMY FROM THE SUMMERSET ISLES TO SKYRIM, what the hell does that have to do with building an army, how the hell did you come up with that reply when the conversation was about the Thalmor getting to Skyrim? What has the 4th legion got to do with anything and how is calling them a lesser force effecting the Stormcloaks or proving we have lesser numbers? Stating the Empire can't afford to have a force in more than one province is criticizing the Legion, not Skyrim o_O.. Stormcloaks are made up of mostly ex-legion soldiers. I told you to prove to me that the Stormcloaks have far fewer numbers than the Legion, so far you've failed to do that, in fact you've made a point for me that the Empire needs Skyrim for troops lol. You're mistaken if you think the Legion is such a superior force, and once again, I'll wait for you to prove it to me.
You're generalizing everything. Saying money doesn't get a army anywhere is just plain foolish. You never asked the to explain how tat has to do with building an army, you asked me to prove you wrong about the whole numbers ordeal and not about the Thalmor getting into Skyrim. Even so, I explained to you how money DOES get an army to places. What does the 4th have to do with anything? I thought you would know since you're so smart. The 4th is 1. Not even close to the strength of any other legion. 2. They are not even at half it's troop capacity. 3. It is made up of fresh recruits barely even trained and yet they are able to hold the Stormcloaks back for this long? What does that tell you? Also you have no proof that a majority of the Stormcloaks is ex-legion. A lot? Maybe but a majority? I don't think so. Also why was Ulfric so hesitant to spill royal blood? What does that tell you? Oh Oh! What about when Ulfric says he's afraid that the AD will focus more on THEM now? What does that tell you? I could keep going, but I think I've proven my point. If your going to ask a question, don't be surprised when you get a response and blurt out that it's "irrelevant". That is just childish.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Thalmor are Thalmor, doesn't matter what branch of the organisation they are part of. IT'S THE SAME ORGANISATION. Using the excuse that they aren't "official" millitary personal is funny and desperate.

The Empire doesn't mention keeping Thalmor out. It mentions "Keeping the Dominion out of Skyrim" which it does by the blockade of Imperial Legions on the Dominion's border.

A handful of Thalmor Justiciars which had limited reach for twenty five years doesn't translate to 'Dominion' which refers to the bulk of their Military force.

The only "funny and desperate" thing is the fact you can't tell the difference between 'Thalmor' and 'Dominion' obviously letters aren't your strong point?

The only reason they have an embassy and a prison is through Imperial support, I guess because the people they abduct are your enemy it makes it fine, right?

Talos worship is against the law, those who worship him have known the dangers for nearly thirty years. It is because of Ulfric's actions in attacking Holds and having large violations of the Concordat for all to see which is causing a crack down. The Empire is not in a position to handle both the Stormcloaks and Aldmeri Dominion, all the Stormcloaks are doing is distracting the Empire as it has to struggle to pull together a Military force in Skyrim while the main body are staring down the Dominion army in a Cold War.

The only note that says they can't be helped if caught is an execution order that has nothing to do with Talos worship, but the PC causing problems. Thalmor who are transporting prisoners are doing so legally by Imperial law.

Few people stupid enough to get caught, the Empire completely ignores Talos worship. Barely enforces it unless obvious, no wonder the captives are majority Stormcloaks.

Actions speak louder than words, and the only action the Empire is taking is fighting it's own people who are pissed off at the cowardice you show.

Actions do speak, what do the Stormcloaks do? Put all of Skyrim into chaos as it tries to take over the land in their ideology and place their glorious selfish ruler as High King.

The Empire took the fight when Ulfric killed High King Torygg, declared rebellion against the Empire. If you think the Empire should allow a group they believe the Thalmor are behind take control over a major province in their Empire, you're as delusional as they come.

You are an underling, and while you remain an underling you will achieve nothing. I find it intersting how you think the Thalmor only operate in the shadows of Skyrim, and Cyrodill is some super fortified anti dominion fortress that can never be breached, how do you expect to invade SSI or launch any type of attack whilst everything is monitored by your elven overlords?

The Thalmor operate in the shadows everywhere, Cyrodiil gets Thalmor problems of their own. But they're in a far better position than Skyrim is in, they're able to reach the Aldmeri Dominion. The Stormcloaks are stuck while Ulfric leads Skyrim into a future of slavery and racial tension.

The Thalmor can monitor all they want, they know the Empire is nearly ready for war. Why do you think they were desperate enough to have Elenwen herself try get Ulfric out of Helgen, to try disrupt peace talks in Season Unending. Why they're over on the island that now belongs to the Dunmer, trying to find anything that can help them against the Empire.

And don't tell me you're doing it in secret, because by your own account the Thalmor know everything, right? Your arrogance in thinking the Empire(A leaderless Empire at that) is the only province capable of doing anything in Tamriel to counter the Thalmor and that everyone else should follow suit will be your downfall.

The Empire is three provinces, and it'll take united provinces to deal with the Thalmor threat. The Thalmor are against everything the Empire stands for, what it represents.

The Empire isn't perfect, but at the moment they're the only thing standing in the way of complete Aldmeri Dominion victory over majority of Tamriel.

It doesn't matter if they're not loyal to the Empire. I'm not talking about an army, but agents and spies.

Skyrim is surrounded by provinces who hate the Thalmor just about as much as they hate Nords, Morrowind however doesn't care about the Thalmor.

She doesn't have to bribe anybody? She's been on her own for a bit. Also to believe the Thieves Guild doesn't bribe anyone is just plain stupid. Of course she'd have to bribe guards there, the Guild doesn't offer free money to their members. You have to pay for your own bribes.

No one is talking about a "Thalmor" army. There is no such thing, the Thalmor =/= Dominion army. Is the god damn Elder Council the "Imperial Army"?