Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
44742.jpg
LegateFasendil said:
Sounds like somebodies braids are stuck in the lawn chair again.​
Hey Raijin~ We don't care if we're not liked. While no one really likes the Empire, there are enough people in Skyrim and Hammerfell who hate you guys just as much if not even more. I also remember from my experience(s) in Oblivion that Nords in general aren't well liked. So you deal with that.​
Only difference between an Orc running his mouth and a Nord running his mouth, is the Orc will backup his words with action while the Nord will keep rambling on about himself.​
What do you mean by that? That Nords can't back up what they say? Look at all of the heros from Sovngarde... Ysgramor. Do you even know what became the homeland of the Nords; Skyrim? I'm going to pretend that you were highly intoxicated at the time when you wrote this, and that I'm not going to tear you a new hole with such utter and ignorant statement like that because it isn't fair to argue with a drunk who don't know what he's talking about due to an impaired judgement cause by the booze.

If you want to talk seriously drop the booze bottle and talk to me when your mind is clear.

Hehehe

Me? Na seems like you're the one who could use a few beers smart guy. I was being serious, I'm always serious. Except when I'm not being serious. You know.

Ysgramor was an Atmoran not a Nord. Atmorans are just fine, I'm talking about the Nords. The Nord Nords not the Atmorans, hence the Oblivion ref.

You do realize of course that I play as an Orc often. Jusssst saying. Cause as an Orc, I've gone all Berserk on many a Nord or Stormcloak and ripped them several "new ones".

Hah That reminds me of what happened the last time I paid a visit to the Thalmor Embassy. By the time I was done it looked like someone had let a Gorilla loose in thar.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
And how do you know that the information IS accurate. I think it is stormcloaks propaganda because I do not know the source of that owner's information, whereas with Stentor, I can be certain that her information would be accurate, because she would have the PERSONAL experience to tell me what I need to know about Torygg and be accurate.

I would go to Solstheim to learn more about the Dunmer because there is a town basically of all dunmer, and I can guarantee that I can get accurate information there. Windhelm may be closer, but Solstheim is a better source of the information.

It is all about the accuracy. I would rather take the biased word of someone who was in a situation rather than the unbiased word of someone who has no clue what the situation was.

We all have rights to voice our opinions, and I'm obligated to respect your opinions regarding to Sayma's anti-Torygg statements no matter how much I disagree with it. If you want to think that it's nothing but Stormcloak propaganda then let your heart content, and guide it into your favor. I won't stop you from believing that shes a Stormcloak Sympathizer.

While I cannot prove for what I'm about to say is true.... I firmly believe that Torygg was rambling on about the Empire and praising the government to his people in a way of persuasion to alleviate some of the contention that his people had for the Empire by spreading false hope. A lot of people worship Talos, and when you take that right away people become very disgruntled and the unrest starts. Torygg was probably keeping the peace, but some people, like Sayma, became very annoyed during his Empire speeches.

If I wanted to learn about the Dunmer and their history I would just walk up to a Dunmer and ask. I'm certain that they will give me reliable information. Continent means nothing.

Raijin

Hehehe

Me? Na seems like you're the one who could use a few beers smart guy. I was being serious, I'm always serious. Except when I'm not being serious. You know.

Ysgramor was an Atmoran not a Nord. Atmorans are just fine, I'm talking about the Nords. The Nord Nords not the Atmorans, hence the Oblivion ref.

You do realize of course that I play as an Orc often. Jusssst saying. Cause as an Orc, I've gone all Berserk on many a Nord or Stormcloak and ripped them several "new ones".

Hah That reminds me of what happened the last time I paid a visit to the Thalmor Embassy. By the time I was done it looked like someone had let a Gorilla loose in thar.

Ysgramor is a Nord. The data says that he is. Atmora is a Continent, a place, not a race. Nords are Nords and Atmora is a place.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Atmora

It wouldn't surprise me considering the fact that you speak so highly for the Orcs.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
44742.jpg
LegateFasendil said:
Hehehe​
Me? Na seems like you're the one who could use a few beers smart guy. I was being serious, I'm always serious. Except when I'm not being serious. You know.​
Ysgramor was an Atmoran not a Nord. Atmorans are just fine, I'm talking about the Nords. The Nord Nords not the Atmorans, hence the Oblivion ref.​
You do realize of course that I play as an Orc often. Jusssst saying. Cause as an Orc, I've gone all Berserk on many a Nord or Stormcloak and ripped them several "new ones".​
Hah That reminds me of what happened the last time I paid a visit to the Thalmor Embassy. By the time I was done it looked like someone had let a Gorilla loose in thar.​
Ysgramor is a Nord. The data says that he is. Atmora is a Continent, a place, not a race. Nords are Nords and Atmora is a place.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Atmora

It wouldn't surprise me considering the fact that you speak so highly for the Orcs.

Oh is it now? Keep rambling on, you're proving me right Raijin.

J

Jeremius

And how do you know that the information IS accurate. I think it is stormcloaks propaganda because I do not know the source of that owner's information, whereas with Stentor, I can be certain that her information would be accurate, because she would have the PERSONAL experience to tell me what I need to know about Torygg and be accurate.

I would go to Solstheim to learn more about the Dunmer because there is a town basically of all dunmer, and I can guarantee that I can get accurate information there. Windhelm may be closer, but Solstheim is a better source of the information.

It is all about the accuracy. I would rather take the biased word of someone who was in a situation rather than the unbiased word of someone who has no clue what the situation was.

We all have rights to voice our opinions, and I'm obligated to respect your opinions regarding to Sayma's anti-Torygg statements no matter how much I disagree with it. If you want to think that it's nothing but Stormcloak propaganda then let your heart content, and guide it into your favor. I won't stop you from believing that shes a Stormcloak Sympathizer.

While I cannot prove for what I'm about to say is true.... I firmly believe that Torygg was rambling on about the Empire and praising the government to his people in a way of persuasion to alleviate some of the contention that his people had for the Empire by spreading false hope. A lot of people worship Talos, and when you take that right away people become very disgruntled and the unrest starts. Torygg was probably keeping the peace, but some people, like Sayma, became very annoyed during his Empire speeches.

If I wanted to learn about the Dunmer and their history I would just walk up to a Dunmer and ask. I'm certain that they will give me reliable information. Continent means nothing.

While you cannot prove the source of information, it is true? If you cannot verify a source of info, then the source is unreliable. We do not know what he would have done had Ulfric just asked in a calm orderly manner. Therefore the only reliable source on this subject is the person who raised the man.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
10385.jpg
Raijin said:
8972.jpg
Jeremius said:
And how do you know that the information IS accurate. I think it is stormcloaks propaganda because I do not know the source of that owner's information, whereas with Stentor, I can be certain that her information would be accurate, because she would have the PERSONAL experience to tell me what I need to know about Torygg and be accurate.​
I would go to Solstheim to learn more about the Dunmer because there is a town basically of all dunmer, and I can guarantee that I can get accurate information there. Windhelm may be closer, but Solstheim is a better source of the information.​
It is all about the accuracy. I would rather take the biased word of someone who was in a situation rather than the unbiased word of someone who has no clue what the situation was.​
While I cannot prove for what I'm about to say is true.... I firmly believe that Torygg was rambling on about the Empire and praising the government to his people in a way of persuasion to alleviate some of the contention that his people had for the Empire by spreading false hope. A lot of people worship Talos, and when you take that right away people become very disgruntled and the unrest starts. Torygg was probably keeping the peace, but some people, like Sayma, became very annoyed during his Empire speeches.​
If I wanted to learn about the Dunmer and their history I would just walk up to a Dunmer and ask. I'm certain that they will give me reliable information. Continent means nothing.​
While you cannot prove the source of information, it is true? If you cannot verify a source of info, then the source is unreliable. We do not know what he would have done had Ulfric just asked in a calm orderly manner. Therefore the only reliable source on this subject is the person who raised the man.

Right. Ulfric "jumping the gun" on his rebellion by taking out Torygg is a good indication he has something to hide and the case for his rebellion is not solid if it requires him to silence his opponents. Torygg had nothing to hide and so he spoke openly, from the heart, as most young people do.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Nothing wrong with giving speeches about the Empire, and giving his government praise, but doing it excessively becomes an annoyance, especially considering the fact that the Empire essentially granted full Imperial authority to the Thalmor to hunt down Talos worshipers which was part of the agreement of the WGC.

He gave speeches about the Empire to most likely keep peace and stability. He was a brand new King and he was a believer in Talos too.

The Thalmor didn't have an large presence until Ulfric's rebellion, so Thalmor issues were kept under control by the Empire. The Thalmor Justiciars are under the authority of the Legion when it concerns treaty enforcement. The war was the excuse the Thalmor needed to ensure complete compliance with the Treaty (Also sending many recruits flocking towards Ulfric)

Like Sayma said "And between you and me? He wasn't even that good a king. All of those rambling speeches about the Empire this, and the Empire that..."

According to the database his speeches about the Empire was overwrought. How can a sane King give overwrought speeches about the Empire when his people are flat out getting slaughtered in his homeland? The fact that the very same Empire that he praises so much for is directly responsible for granting Imperial authority to murder your people for doing nothing more than to worship Talos.

He was a new King, Sayma obviously grew up under High King Istlod, who was a long time respected King. Torygg was new, and he actually didn't even have a long reign. He gave speeches about the Empire in public, clear indication he was trying to keep peace in an already tensioned time. The Holds were fighting in petty skirmishes and another Great War was just around the corner when Torygg was in power.

His people weren't getting flat out slaughtered, not until Ulfric's rebellion. Which now many Nords are indeed getting slaughtered with increased Thalmor and now a very large Bandit problem.

I'm not complaining that Torygg was wealthy. Just that it was in poor choice that he was easily bribed and chosen the Empire over safety of his own people.

How was he bribed? Ulfric never asked him to stand up and declare independence. If High King Torygg was bribed he would have arrested Ulfric when he started talking about independence. Instead he greatly respected Ulfric for it, and wanted to hear more.

You can't just go "Whoo independence!" without at least thinking things through and at the very least attempting a peaceful removal from the Empire. The Imperials didn't want a Civil War, chances are they would have let Skyrim go if they were to remain allies.

Why do you think Saadia did not sought help from guards and even the Jarl as she was being pursued by the Alik'r? While they were barred from entering the city Guards and Jarls can be bought, and thats exactly what the Empire did. They bought out the King just so they can keep Skyrim as one of their provinces.

They didn't buy the King. The Empire sent chests of gold to the Jarls at the end of the war and the signing of the White-Gold Concordat. Jarls and guards can be bought, you're right. That is why the Thalmor will have a nice time with Stormcloak Skyrim.

Emperor Titus Mede II already destroyed Tiber Septims Empire. This is what angered Ulfric more than anything. The Empire that he knew would never surrender.

Why do you keep blaming Titus Mede II? Your obvious boner for the Septim Dynasty is amusing, considering they had some of the worst Emperor's known to Tamriel.

The Mede Dynasty is actually a good line of Emperors. Titus II saved the Empire for another day, and he did very well in the Great War. He was given a weakened Empire, he had only three years before the war with the Thalmor broke out. He's had a pretty long reign.

The Empire didn't surrender, they signed a temporary truce. The Great War is just on hold.

I see the problem, you just refuse to acknowledge and accept it. Am I suppose to take the word from a bias court wizard over someone who isn't so bias? Or is that anyone who speaks out against their king is only spreading propaganda theories, and that what they say isn't considered the truth?

The way I see it, both sides are correct. Stentor gives you an insider view of Torygg, while the shop keeper gives you Torygg's public image.

High King Torygg spoke about the Empire, he was a new King and would have been considered lesser than his father until he proved himself. Stentor gives you the knowledge that had Ulfric asked him to stand up and declare independence, he might have.

You're seeing the two sides of Torygg. He was torn between his love for Talos and the Empire his father supported. He just needed a push in either direction.

Yeah, he dies. The spy was rather smart though, I mean even the Emperor trusted her (at least to some degree). At some point in the book the Emperor even suspected his own brother a little being the cause of his son's disappearance.

Trust is good, control is better. And trust has no room in neither politics nor espionage.

I don't think Titus Mede trusted anyone, except his son. Well.. he did keep he son watched, but he trusted him more when he matured at the end of the novels.

I still love him though, has to be my favorite Emperor. Didn't care for fancy clothes, he was a soldier, brilliant commander and good politician. Unlike the Septim line, he didn't need the Dragon blood to keep Skyrim's support.

The Synod and College of Whispers? Beautifully done, two powerful factions. But will never pose a political risk because they're too busy competing with each other trying to earn the Emperor's favor.

I would put my money on him over Tiber any day.

I didn't expect him to but he doesn't need to kiss their ass. Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with him having Imperial Coin, but the fact of the matter is Torygg would have to think, long and hard, "is this the standpoint I want to take?" He had plenty of time to make his choice and he didn't choose an Independent Skyrim

He didn't kiss their ass, he was going on about the Empire when they're near the brink of war. He only died a few months ago. He didn't have plenty of time, Torygg had very little time. In fact he thought Ulfric was coming to ask him to go independent.

Ulfric's method involved bloodshed, war and chaos. Torygg probably could have went a peaceful route, the Empire wasn't even concerned with Skyrim, paying them little attention. Cyrodiil had other plops to worry about, doubt they would have said no.

But we'll never know, since a peaceful solution was never presented.

Killing Torygg forced the Legion's hand, they had no choice or risk various Warlords popping up deciding they can get away with overthrowing rulers.

Raijin

Oh is it now? Keep rambling on, you're proving me right Raijin.

I'm proving you to be wrong :) and by the way I'm not trying to be an asshole, but can you please fix your quote system? The way you quote things can be very confusing at times. It almost seems as if you're talking to yourself, and not quoting other people.

I find it difficult to follow some of your quotes considering the fact that I'm unable to go back to my original posting.

So what I provide is unreliable because I'm unable to provide the source of information, yet you sit here telling me that Sayma's statement is full of Stormcloak propaganda. How is that any better from what you're telling me now? Can you prove to me that Sayma is a Stormcloak sympathizer, and that her statement was indeed Stormcloak propaganda?

Torygg is a grown man. He is suppose to be the leader of Skyrim. If he wanted his kingdom to be departed from the Empire he would've summoned Ulfric to help lead him.

http://cs.uesp.net/index.php?game=sr&formid=0x000c069a
"But Ulfric was at that moot, continually talking about Skyrim's independence in terms just shy of treason. I don't think Ulfric knew how much Torygg respected him for that. If Ulfric had asked Torygg directly to stand up, to declare independence, Torygg might have done it." - Sybille Stentor

Instead of waiting for Ulfric to take the first step why didn't Torygg? Why didn't he summoned Ulfric to Solitude to discuss the future of Skyrim without Imperial influences? Torygg would've most likely gave Ulfric General ranking to lead his military army had he acted first. Instead he allowed himself to be indulged full of Imperial coin inside those crates. Torygg might of had a great deal of respect for Ulfric, but it was complete opposite in Ulfrics shoes. Ulfric saw a corrupted King who needed to be taken care of, and that is exactly what he did to save Skyrim from further greed.

J

Jeremius

So what I provide is unreliable because I'm unable to provide the source of information, yet you sit here telling me that Sayma's statement is full of Stormcloak propaganda. How is that any better from what you're telling me now? Can you prove to me that Sayma is a Stormcloak sympathizer, and that her statement was indeed Stormcloak propaganda?
It is unreliable because Sayma is saying something that sounds incredibly stormcloak-like. Without proper documentation that she is telling true lore, a shop keeper is not a source of evidence on the character of a ruler. I know people who hate the president of the United States, does that mean I should accept them as proper evidence if they never met the guy personally?

Torygg is a grown man. He is suppose to be the leader of Skyrim. If he wanted his kingdom to be departed from the Empire he would've summoned Ulfric to help lead him.

"But Ulfric was at that moot, continually talking about Skyrim's independence in terms just shy of treason. I don't think Ulfric knew how much Torygg respected him for that. If Ulfric had asked Torygg directly to stand up, to declare independence, Torygg might have done it." - Sybille Stentor

Instead of waiting for Ulfric to take the first step why didn't Torygg? Why didn't he summoned Ulfric to Solitude to discuss the future of Skyrim without Imperial influences? Torygg would've most likely gave Ulfric General ranking to lead his military army had he acted first. Instead he allowed himself to be indulged full of Imperial coin inside those crates. Torygg might of had a great deal of respect for Ulfric, but it was complete opposite in Ulfrics shoes. Ulfric saw a corrupted King who needed to be taken care of, and that is exactly what he did to save Skyrim from further greed.
Torygg is the High King, why would he declare independence when there were no problems going on for the most part. a few arrests here or there is not huge.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
44742.jpg
LegateFasendil said:
Oh is it now? Keep rambling on, you're proving me right Raijin.​
I'm proving you to be wrong :) and by the way I'm not trying to be an asshole, but can you please fix your quote system? The way you quote things can be very confusing at times. It almost seems as if you're talking to yourself, and not quoting other people.

I find it difficult to follow some of your quotes considering the fact that I'm unable to go back to my original posting.

Well Raijin several times when I try to discuss something with you it does feel like I'm talking to myself :) Btw like I was saying, please stop trying to change the subject~ I've been posting like this ever since I got on here and it's never stopped anyone from understanding me before.

However if you must know, Firefox will allow me to post correctly however every time I install it, adware gets installed whenever I visit Yahoo or even yes, this site which puts my browser on lockdown. I'm using IE which does not allow me to reply proper. It's something about this site or my version of IE. I could install Chrome but that performs on here exactly like IE.

Anyways, I'm winding down my participation on here. Was supposed to be gone already, but I just think there are a couple things still needing to be said. It's like the current discussion is trying to drift us into this odd "grey zone" of npc's personal details and so forth. Most of the last couple of pages could be more efficiently summed up in one or two paragraphs. Or at least that's how I'm used to thinking, well I'm a programmer so there you go.

J

Jeremius

44742.jpg
LegateFasendil said:

Well Raijin several times when I try to discuss something with you it does feel like I'm talking to myself :) Btw like I was saying, please stop trying to change the subject~ I've been posting like this ever since I got on here and it's never stopped anyone from understanding me before.

However if you must know, Firefox will allow me to post correctly however every time I install it, adware gets installed whenever I visit Yahoo or even yes, this site which puts my browser on lockdown. I'm using IE which does not allow me to reply proper. It's something about this site or my version of IE. I could install Chrome but that performs on here exactly like IE.

Anyways, I'm winding down my participation on here. Was supposed to be gone already, but I just think there are a couple things still needing to be said. It's like the current discussion is trying to drift us into this odd "grey zone" of npc's personal details and so forth. Most of the last couple of pages could be more efficiently summed up in one or two paragraphs. Or at least that's how I'm used to thinking, well I'm a programmer so there you go.

I use Chrome, and I post properly.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
8972.jpg
Jeremius said:
While you cannot prove the source of information, it is true? If you cannot verify a source of info, then the source is unreliable. We do not know what he would have done had Ulfric just asked in a calm orderly manner. Therefore the only reliable source on this subject is the person who raised the man.​

Why? Torygg doesn't need Ulfric for that. It's not Ulfric's place to do anything except what his king and country ask of him to do as Jarl. And Ulfric can't even do his job as Jarl. Torygg didn't need Ulfric to stand up for anything. It was his father's wishes (whom Ulfric says was a true Nord) that Skyrim should remain whole.

If anything, Ulfric should not have gone against the wishes of Istlod and honored his dying wish to preserve the Empire by respecting his son Torygg's rule. I don't know where you get this stuff from however, Ulfric is no more special than any other Jarl. If anything, they could have called another Moot to discuss this.

And I'll answer your question... why wasn't any of this stuff done? Because Ulfric didn't want it to be done. Ulfric wants to be High King, that comes before everything else even people's lives.

Another thing, stop saying Torygg was indulging himself with Imperial coin and all this nonsense. Sibil's testimony indicates Torygg was never motivated by money, he just loved his wife and wanted to follow in his father's footsteps (whom Ulfric said was a true Nord). Do you have a problem with that too? Geez.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
44742.jpg
LegateFasendil said:
44742.jpg
LegateFasendil said:
I find it difficult to follow some of your quotes considering the fact that I'm unable to go back to my original posting.​

Well Raijin several times when I try to discuss something with you it does feel like I'm talking to myself :) Btw like I was saying, please stop trying to change the subject~ I've been posting like this ever since I got on here and it's never stopped anyone from understanding me before.​
However if you must know, Firefox will allow me to post correctly however every time I install it, adware gets installed whenever I visit Yahoo or even yes, this site which puts my browser on lockdown. I'm using IE which does not allow me to reply proper. It's something about this site or my version of IE. I could install Chrome but that performs on here exactly like IE.​
Anyways, I'm winding down my participation on here. Was supposed to be gone already, but I just think there are a couple things still needing to be said. It's like the current discussion is trying to drift us into this odd "grey zone" of npc's personal details and so forth. Most of the last couple of pages could be more efficiently summed up in one or two paragraphs. Or at least that's how I'm used to thinking, well I'm a programmer so there you go.​
I use Chrome, and I post properly.

Ok nevermind I figured it out. Problem was in IE Security settings, turning down to lowest "fixes" the problem.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Why would he get Ulfric to help him lead it? Ulfric is a Jarl, he wouldn't be helping anything. Skyrim isn't a democracy and it's ruled by the High King.

Instead of waiting for Ulfric to take the first step why didn't Torygg? Why didn't he summoned Ulfric to Solitude to discuss the future of Skyrim without Imperial influences?

Because Ulfric didn't have a lot of support, he was a Jarl, yes. But it was only Ulfric Stormcloaks speaking of independence, the other Jarls didn't even agree.

Torygg would've most likely gave Ulfric General ranking to lead his military army had he acted first.

Ulfric is a better politician than General, he only spent four years in the Military. Probably two being prisoner. Ulfric relies on Galmar and his Steward for Military advice. Then he makes up his own mind on what to do.

Instead he allowed himself to be indulged full of Imperial coin inside those crates.

What crates? Jarls have their own treasury, the High King probably used letters of credit. Doubt he worked with coins.

Torygg might of had a great deal of respect for Ulfric, but it was complete opposite in Ulfrics shoes. Ulfric saw a corrupted King who needed to be taken care of, and that is exactly what he did to save Skyrim from further greed.

Ulfric did what Ulfric wanted, he did it as a message to the other Jarls. And it worked, it gave him the loyalty of Riften, Dawnstar & Winterhold. Falkreath also until Dengeir was removed.

Ulfric isn't this perfect, amazing hero. He's a politician, he cares about his image, and he wants to become High King. He's ambitious which isn't a bad thing.

I doubt it was dealing with a corrupted King, saving Skyrim from greed and tyranny etc. Ulfric saw an opportunity and he took it.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I would put my money on him over Tiber any day.

Well as soon as Tiber plays his Numidium advantage I guess Mede would be blown off the throne.

True, but Mede was able to capture the Imperial City with one thousand men and then crush a rebellion with barely twice that.

This wasn’t court, and the Emperor wasn’t dressed for it. He wore a plain Colovian soldier’s tunic of dark gray wool and leather breeks. His crown was a plain gold circlet. A broadsword in a battered scabbard hung at his side. Two soldiers stood yards away, but Colin suspected that if he tried anything, he would be dead at Mede’s hand before either of them could move.

Colovian's always make the best Emperors.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
The Great War wasn't about winning for men, or personal gain. It was defending against invaders who have come to destroy everything men had achieved. Using the Thu'um for conquest =/= Thu'um for defense.
The Graybeards only use the Thu'um for Self Defense[/quote]
And what are those times of "True Need"? hmm? do you know? I certainly don't? They're very vague about it. Chances are Ulfric being a young soldier didn't know and likely didn't use it, hoping he could still maintain the Way of the Voice. Even now, Ulfric claims the Way of the Voice is " a Wonderful Philosophy"

I'm not saying the guy's father cares. If you read through their dialogue she is blaming them, so he does become rude and sarcastic.
Exactly, so why are you still defending that. The Father is poking fun at a concerned, paranoid old woman worried about her son. Pretty dickish and irresponsible of him considering he represents the head of the Family

Does it honestly matter if we do not know their exact opinion on the man? Their families were close, one is in love with a Gray-Mane and the other inquired about his friend. Just because the two Clan leaders hate each other, it doesn't mean they all do.
Yeah, it does. how can we have feasible evidence that they care at all. Jon doesn't mention it, Alfhild doesn't and obviously Lars doesn't. Also upon reading up on the Battle Born's Idolaf isn't actually a direct descendant, but rather an in-law. This could mean Idolaf doesn't hold the exact same pride for his family that the rest of the Battle-Borns do. That info comes from here:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Battle-Born

The Empire cares about the Empire. The Stormcloaks as a whole care about what they consider 'honor', but as Captain Aldis puts it best: "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right."
And thats their problem. They will do whatever it takes to keep their Emperor's seat

Again, you believe he is innocent. They don't say if he's innocent or not, and this was just one man's test. It is about blindly carrying out orders.
Fixed that for you

The Empire doesn't teach spies to murder innocents. The Penitus Oculatus aren't just spies, they defend the Empire from espionage and threats. They're assassins too.
Obviously they do since Colins task involved: "Their recruitment process is oftentimes a brutal one, as displayed by Inspector Colin's task to assassinate an old man. The purpose of such recruitment process was to weed out those unwilling to actually go through with murder and other usually immoral tasks."

It is a test. To see if they will do it and how they do it, again this was just one person's test. You're right it does seem extreme, but with all the threats the Empire faces external and internal, you need people who will do the job no matter what it takes.

Colin ends up dead when he lets his guard down and begins to trust someone he believed was on his side, if I remember correctly.

What you call extreme and wrong, it is needed to survive in that line of work. Even in our modern world.
Doesn't make it right

When did the United States allow murder? You think they've never assassinated or tortured people to defend their way of life? This is normal in the world of espionage and national security.

The Penitus Oculatus does what is needed to safeguard the Empire, the Blades were the same under the Septim line.
If you're going to bring real life events into an argument about fictitious events than I have something for you later on in my post.

How much land you have doesn't make better soldiers. Training is the key here, the Stormcloaks are a militia, as Galmar puts it: We are farmers! We are craftsmen! We are sons and daughters of shopkeepers, maid servants and soldiers!

and this proves what? That they can't kill that they can't pickup a weapon? that they can't win in a fight against Imperials. Game Data says otherwise.

What? The Empire and Aldmeri Dominion will be fighting, Cyrodiil/Valenwood/Elsweyr will be front lines. Majority of the Legion is already in place on the Dominion's border.
Well there you go, not only will the Stormcloaks be fighting but so will the Empire. so what are you worrying about exactly? Also may I suggest rethinking your strategy about openly attacking Valenwood and Elsweyr, That could be a HUGE problem for an already weak Empire. or did you forget about the Wild Hunt and the Giant Tiger mounts that you said would be a big problem for us?

The Empire did fight the Aldmeri Dominion,
And barely scraped away with their lives

and the Legions did very well.
Did you mean get two legions completely decimated in the last battle of the War due to shoddy tactics. Because that's what I heard happened.

One main army was completely destroyed and the second was left weakened and on the run?
And two legions got completely destroyed! remember!? its all in this book you Imperial Boot Lickers claim to love so much:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Great_War_(book)
"Although victorious, the Imperial armies were in no shape to continue the war. The entire remaining Imperial force was gathered in Cyrodiil, exhausted and decimated by the Battle of the Red Ring. Not a single legion had more than half its soldiers fit for duty. Two legions had been effectively annihilated, not counting the loss of the Eighth during the retreat from the Imperial City the previous year."

Surprise is devastating in war, and is a major advantage. The Empire didn't have twice the strength, you have to remember;

a) The Empire was unprepared
While the Stormcloaks are ready and motivated to fight the Dominion while Imperial Auxiliaries complain about their armor being too heavy.
b) The Military was weaker and was spread across four provinces
And thats one of the advantages an Independent Skyrim has over the Empire. they won't have to worry about their Military being spread across four or three different provinces. They'll have A Unified Peoples Rebublic all defending one Fortified land separated by Snow and Mountains. Even If you win this Civil War you will still have that problem of your Military being spread across three provinces and still being weak.
c) Hammerfell was weak, divided and wasn't even prosperous for the Empire
And yet, they produced some of the greatest Warriors for The Imperial Legions. Show some respect where its due, hmm?

The Empire is now prepared, they've spent nearly three decades regaining strength and building their military for round two. Also the Imperial army is gathered where the front lines will be, instead of being very far away.

Prepared To Invade Valenwood, which as you said, is obviously Not a good Idea. Can you say: "Wild Hunt?". Wouldn't it be a better Idea to use some of that Espionage as you wholeheartedly believe the Imperials do, and assassinate The Head Thalmor agents in Valenwood, rather than rushing a couple of Legions into certain Death. Do they not remember what happened to King Borgas and his Armies? Oh of course they don't, That would require extensive research into another culture's history. Something The Empire clearly doesn't practice *cough * *cough* General Tulius *cough*

The Great War 2 is going to happen,
Yeah, Obviously

you can side with the Empire who can actually reach the Aldmeri Dominion.
You mean the same Empire that
1.) Pissed off two of its four remaining provinces after the Great War
2.) Lost two Legions in the Battle of the Red Ring and the loss of the Eighth during the retreat from the Imperial City
3.) Is preparing to invade Valenwood and Elsweyr, and fight in a full fledged offensive war.
Yeah you guys are screwed.

Hope we win...
And thats all you have Hope, What do the Sons and Daughters of Skyrim have:
Grit, Determination, Rage, Guerrilla Tactics, And arguably one of the most influential, and bad ass Leaders since Faolan and Tiber Septim leading their armies. One who speaks the Dragon Tongue
and isn't afraid to use it.

Or you can side with the Stormcloaks who are weaker than the Empire, can't even reach the Aldmeri Dominion, have cut the Empire in half near the brink of war and remove needed resources from reaching Cyrodiil.

Imperials will be fighting the elves. Stormcloaks have to rebuild their country, train their armies and hope they don't miss the war.
Alright:
1.) The Stormcloaks don't need training to fight Elves, maybe agile Khajiit and giant Bosmer Monsters but not Elves. Its practically in their blood.
2.) They'll have to unite Skyrim not rebuild it, The land war didn't completely destroy the land but rather separated it.
3.) An offensive war is much, MUCH harder to fight than a defensive one. You don't know the terrain, you have to get used to your environment, and not to mention the new debilitating diseases that can be transmitted onto your soldiers, especially since you're going to be fighting in a Jungle Environment. Ever heard of the Vietnam War. How did that turn out for the U.S. Soldiers?
4.) The Stormcloaks didn't "cut the empire in half" when they won the war. Skyrim was only good to the Empire in 2 ways:
Resources and Fighters
Now they can't get the Silver from the Reach, but like you said they don't need it, and they can't get Nords directly from Skyrim anymore as they'll be most likely ready to fight off the Dominion in a defensive war, (However that's not to say that their won't be able bodied Nords unwilling to fight for the Empire) And you still have The Orcs of Orsinium and of various Strongholds
5.) Trust me, the Stormcloaks wont miss it.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
He didn't kiss their ass,
Sayma begs to differ: "And between you and me? He wasn't even that good a king. All of those rambling speeches about the Empire this, and the Empire that.."

he was going on about the Empire when they're near the brink of war.
which means what? That he kisses their ass only when hes near War.

He only died a few months ago. He didn't have plenty of time, Torygg had very little time. In fact he thought Ulfric was coming to ask him to go independent.
If you ask her why Torygg didn't declare Skyrim's independence she will sum up the relationship of Skyrim and the Empire by stating, "Because the Dominion is a sleeping beast that Skyrim cannot slay alone. Because many Nords are part of the Imperial army even now. Because the food and resources we get from the Empire are important to our people. Because even if we can't openly worship him, Talos the god was once Tiber Septim the man, and this is his Empire. And Torygg wasn't ready to let it fall apart."
Apparently he did have time because he said No on the whole Independence thing. Also this should mean Ulfric asked him about it and he wholeheartedly said "No"

the Empire wasn't even concerned with Skyrim, paying them little attention. Cyrodiil had other pl*** to worry about, doubt they would have said no.
Is that why they're fighting in a Civil War, because they didn't care about Skyrim. Could have sworn that would mean the opposite. Oh well guess I'm wrong.[/quote]

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
8348.jpg
DrunkenMage said:
Or you can side with the Stormcloaks who are weaker than the Empire, can't even reach the Aldmeri Dominion, have cut the Empire in half near the brink of war and remove needed resources from reaching Cyrodiil.

Imperials will be fighting the elves. Stormcloaks have to rebuild their country, train their armies and hope they don't miss the war.​
Alright:
1.) The Stormcloaks don't need training to fight Elves, maybe agile Khajiit and giant Bosmer Monsters but not Elves. Its practically in their blood.
2.) They'll have to unite Skyrim not rebuild it, The land war didn't completely destroy the land but rather separated it.
3.) An offensive war is much, MUCH harder to fight than a defensive one. You don't know the terrain, you have to get used to your environment, and not to mention the new debilitating diseases that can be transmitted onto your soldiers, especially since you're going to be fighting in a Jungle Environment. Ever heard of the Vietnam War. How did that turn out for the U.S. Soldiers?
4.) The Stormcloaks didn't "cut the empire in half" when they won the war. Skyrim was only good to the Empire in 2 ways:
Resources and Fighters
Now they can't get the Silver from the Reach, but like you said they don't need it, and they can't get Nords directly from Skyrim anymore as they'll be most likely ready to fight off the Dominion in a defensive war, (However that's not to say that their won't be able bodied Nords unwilling to fight for the Empire) And you still have The Orcs of Orsinium and of various Strongholds
5.) Trust me, the Stormcloaks wont miss it.

#1 - With respect, this is a rather foolish statement. The Elves will destroy anything you send at them many times over and you would all end up like what happened to the wicked King Harold and his Co during their little war with the Ayleids.

#2 - I don't see the Stormcloaks uniting Skyrim, they're there to drive the Empire out of Skyrim and put a knife to anyone's throat who could oppose their agenda going forward.

#3 - Ever heard of the Korean War? How did that turn out for the people of South Korea? Another reason the Empire needs to stay.

#4 - You guys just think it's all about you. Losing Skyrim does effectively cut the Empire in half if not outright kills it. Now, I don't have to tell you the Orcs and their strongholds won't last long without the Empire. Think Ulfric is going to allow them to stay? Several times I remember hearing Stormcloaks comment about how the Orc stronghold in Windhelm is something like an disgrace to his people. Nords and Orcs have historically never gotten along very well anyways.

And, you're overlooking the many ways that the Empire is good for Skyrim and how in killing the Empire you're doing the Thalmor's dirty work, Stormcloaks are like their tool.

#5 - I can't trust the word of someone who chooses to *only* acknowledge one side of this argument and the further revolution side at that. This is one thing to Torygg's credit, he considered both sides and didn't jump to a conclusion or decision. Ulfric's irrational decision making and the Nords false-confidence in their superiority against Elves will destroy themselves. And then trust me, the Empire will be back to pick up the pieces... if they make it that far. Seems a whole lot easier to just take corrective action now and save everyone at the same time.

J

Jeremius

He didn't kiss their ass,
Sayma begs to differ: "And between you and me? He wasn't even that good a king. All of those rambling speeches about the Empire this, and the Empire that.."

I really have a problem with Raijin about this one. Sayma is a shop keeper, and not a completely credible source on all things Torygg. It is likely that she is a stormcloak sympathizer or that she simply has not spent a long enough time with Torygg to have any knowledge of his mental workings.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts