• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Space Hamster

Im a bow loving Nord Rouge as of now.
^ lol pun TOTALLY intended and you know it xD

-- and I've been dropping hints about the ring in various posts all day xD
I don't read other posts. I just type my comment in response to the general topic and then leave unless a conversation rises. Why have you been on a thread all day?

zane

various threads, and i'm being literal x.x -- I've only done 10 posts after all. I use the alert function though. It's handy.

Space Hamster

I disagree wholeheartedly with this comment. With the new DLC, the Vampire is infinitely better then the Werewolf. If there was a level 30 Vampire Lord up against a level 40 Werewolf, my Money would be on the Vampire. With the new spells and things that you get, you are by far better then a Werewolf. The Werewolf can't compare. The only thing that makes them better would be personal opinion, whether or not you want to be a Werewolf or a Vampire. Oh, and Vampires can make people their bitches, I mean, Werewolves can't do that.

To say that Vampires Suck is false, if it's your personal opinion, then that's different, in which case you should back it up and prove they suck. Otherwise, the proper way to say it is like this: "I dislike Vampires and have no wish to be one in this game, however, I recognize their awesomeness and superiority over Werewolves, and I am oh so sorry for insulting their awesomeness, please forgive me!" Well, maybe not the last bit, but it would certainly earn you a plus in my book.

However, no, there isn't anything extremely special. The only thing worthy of note is a new Perk Tree, which is pretty cool, but not nearly as cool as the Vampires, in my opinion. Oh, and Harkon calls you filthy beasts, but I'm not sure you want to hear that.
Can't a werewolf just sprint up, make the vampire go rag doll, and then just rain down a frenzy of slash's? Or if the Vampire Lord had a REALLY bad day couldn't the werewolf call in two other werewolves and just...it's actually to gruesome to talk about what they would do but you get my point.

Kage

Sure, they could do a lot of things, but so can a Vampire Lord. You talk as if it's just going to sit there and let it happen.

Space Hamster

Sure, they could do a lot of things, but so can a Vampire Lord. You talk as if it's just going to sit there and let it happen.
Oh no I anticipate resistance but no victory. The vampire is awesome until you master it. Then it's just cool.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Everyone, just calm down. We all know the definitive werewolf movie is Teen Wolf. It obviously consider the folklore, myth, and popular culture.

teen-wolf-o.gif

:D

But, seriously, as far as Skyrim goes... Vampires just received a huge boost with Dawnguard. They're probably stronger than the Wolf Pack. I think a lot of this discussion is revolving around what people just like better. Hell, I used to be an ardent vampire fan since I read Dracula in high school. However, I also love wolves. To be honest, modern pop culture has destroyed these two things for me. I sat down to watch the Twilight movie and when the guy started sparkling, I literally threw my drink at the TV and stormed off.

Also, just to add, I think one of the greatest aspects of werewolves and vampires is that they're so versatile. One minute they're out there killing and ripping people apart, feasting on entrails, and the next they're GQ models. Another fun fact: the reason werewolves aren't as popular as vampires is because nobody wants to see pretty people go through a bestial transformation. It's just not sexy...for some people, lol.

kyler

i was wondering the same thing jd_elite but honestly i dont know how to call your werewolf allies but all i know how to do is how to use my howl of terror not my werewolf totem of brotherhood howl....... but if i ever find out i will post it on here

Kage

stronger than the Wolf Pack. I think a lot of this discussion is revolving around what people just like better. Hell, I used to be an ardent vampire fan since I read Dracula in high school. However, I also love wolves. To be honest, modern pop culture has destroyed these two things for me. I sat down to watch the Twilight movie and when the guy started sparkling, I literally threw my drink at the TV and stormed off.

I have to agree. I don't even call Myer's creatures Vampires, because they aren't, their something else entirely, I don't know what they are, but they certainly aren't Vampires.

Jonnystorm19

I disagree wholeheartedly with this comment. With the new DLC, the Vampire is infinitely better then the Werewolf. If there was a level 30 Vampire Lord up against a level 40 Werewolf, my Money would be on the Vampire. With the new spells and things that you get, you are by far better then a Werewolf. The Werewolf can't compare. The only thing that makes them better would be personal opinion, whether or not you want to be a Werewolf or a Vampire. Oh, and Vampires can make people their bitches, I mean, Werewolves can't do that.

To say that Vampires Suck is false, if it's your personal opinion, then that's different, in which case you should back it up and prove they suck. Otherwise, the proper way to say it is like this: "I dislike Vampires and have no wish to be one in this game, however, I recognize their awesomeness and superiority over Werewolves, and I am oh so sorry for insulting their awesomeness, please forgive me!" Well, maybe not the last bit, but it would certainly earn you a plus in my book.

However, no, there isn't anything extremely special. The only thing worthy of note is a new Perk Tree, which is pretty cool, but not nearly as cool as the Vampires, in my opinion. Oh, and Harkon calls you filthy beasts, but I'm not sure you want to hear that.

How are you going to talk about someones comment being favored towards either side when clearly your favor the vampire? talk about biased. I have two level 81s and a Level 73, and have played as both Vampire and Werewolf. And not from personal opinion, but from FACTS werewolves are better. You can even go to the Skyrim wiki page and it shows that Werewolves have a better Advantage to Disadvantage ratio than Vampires. Vampires have a weakness to sun and fire, Citezens view them as EXTREMELY evil and will attack on sight usually, in sunlight all your abilities are cut in half as r your health, etc. Werewolves on the other hand are faster than any thing else in the game while sprinting. After Dawnguard, if you max your perk tree out, you become almost as strong as most Legendary Dragons if not stronger, You have virtually no weakness and your are completely immune to poisons and diease (as are vampires), when equipping the ring of hircine, you can transform twice daily, and as long as you eat who you kill you can literally stay in beast form almost indeffinattely (the record time for longest spent in beast form is like 2 hours of real time i think). I do love both the Vampiric Lord and the Werewolf, but please please please look at the facts before starting an argument. All facts show that the Werewolf is indeed stronger, faster, and better than the VL. However, the VL does get the bonus of unlimited transforms, and they can hover. But when comparing the Advantages of both, the advantages of being a Werewolf far outway the Advantages of being a vampire.

SilentCO1

I got attacked by two werewolves while doing a part of one of the quests. I thought that was really cool, I was level 42 btw, and I don't think you got attacked by random werewolves in the vanilla game.

SilentCO1

How are you going to talk about someones comment being favored towards either side when clearly your favor the vampire? talk about biased. I have two level 81s and a Level 73, and have played as both Vampire and Werewolf. And not from personal opinion, but from FACTS werewolves are better. You can even go to the Skyrim wiki page and it shows that Werewolves have a better Advantage to Disadvantage ratio than Vampires. Vampires have a weakness to sun and fire, Citezens view them as EXTREMELY evil and will attack on sight usually, in sunlight all your abilities are cut in half as r your health, etc. Werewolves on the other hand are faster than any thing else in the game while sprinting. After Dawnguard, if you max your perk tree out, you become almost as strong as most Legendary Dragons if not stronger, You have virtually no weakness and your are completely immune to poisons and diease (as are vampires), when equipping the ring of hircine, you can transform twice daily, and as long as you eat who you kill you can literally stay in beast form almost indeffinattely (the record time for longest spent in beast form is like 2 hours of real time i think). I do love both the Vampiric Lord and the Werewolf, but please please please look at the facts before starting an argument. All facts show that the Werewolf is indeed stronger, faster, and better than the VL. However, the VL does get the bonus of unlimited transforms, and they can hover. But when comparing the Advantages of both, the advantages of being a Werewolf far outway the Advantages of being a vampire.
One vampiric grip could kill a werewolf, just saying. You could throw him off a mountain, or really far in the air. Its all based on how you use them to which ones better. A Dark Elf Vampire Lord at night would have no weaknesses from being a Vampire, just benefits. And [SPOILERS] you could use Auriel's bow to block the sun and travel whenever you want.[END SPOILER]

It's all preference. And how you decide to use it. And Vampiric Grip does work against Werewolves.

Space Hamster

One vampiric grip could kill a werewolf, just saying. You could throw him off a mountain, or really far in the air. Its all based on how you use them to which ones better. A Dark Elf Vampire Lord at night would have no weaknesses from being a Vampire, just benefits. And [SPOILERS] you could use Auriel's bow to block the sun and travel whenever you want.[END SPOILER]

It's all preference. And how you decide to use it. And Vampiric Grip does work against Werewolves.
In the actual coding structure of Skyrim werewolves are more similar to mammoths which makes them immune to rag doll effects. Lets say they aren't though, how will you take care of the other two werewolves I've called in?

Kage

ow are you going to talk about someones comment being favored towards either side when clearly your favor the vampire? talk about biased.

That's not what I'm saying, clearly, as anyone who has basic reading comprehension skills should know. When you say you like something and someone disagrees with it, a debate ensues. Your job is to prove your opinion superior over the other. You do that by backing up your points with facts, or things you have seen, in this case, things from the game. As the person above so kindly pointed out, A Vampire Lord can simply throw a Werewolf off a Mountain, which I myself have done several times. With Supernatural Reflexes, the Vampire Lord is far faster then the Werewolf, it could tear the poor wolf to shreds in a matter of seconds. So, you see, I've successfully backed up my opinion with points and facts from the game, it's your turn, or someone else s to do the same.

Now, no matter how much I point out to someone how much better the Vampire Lord is, that doesn't mean anything if they still prefer to be a Werewolf, which is completely fine, Werewolves are awesome. However, what I've just disproved is the notion that Vampires suck, or aren't any better then the Werewolf. That was what I was arguing against, that was what I was trying to prove false.

Also, you do realize that the Vampire Lord get's several pieces of equipment that make him better, yes? You do realizes that it matters not how much times a Werewolf can turn, because a Vampire Lord can turn as many times as he wishes to? You do realize that a Vampire Lord can summon two gargoyles if he really wanted to? You do realize that a Vampire Lord can just throw those wolves off a cliff, rendering their perks and such useless? I hope so.

Space Hamster

That's not what I'm saying, clearly, as anyone who has basic reading comprehension skills should know. When you say you like something and someone disagrees with it, a debate ensues. Your job is to prove your opinion superior over the other. You do that by backing up your points with facts, or things you have seen, in this case, things from the game. As the person above so kindly pointed out, A Vampire Lord can simply throw a Werewolf off a Mountain, which I myself have done several times. With Supernatural Reflexes, the Vampire Lord is far faster then the Werewolf, it could tear the poor wolf to shreds in a matter of seconds. So, you see, I've successfully backed up my opinion with points and facts from the game, it's your turn, or someone else s to do the same.

Now, no matter how much I point out to someone how much better the Vampire Lord is, that doesn't mean anything if they still prefer to be a Werewolf, which is completely fine, Werewolves are awesome. However, what I've just disproved is the notion that Vampires suck, or aren't any better then the Werewolf. That was what I was arguing against, that was what I was trying to prove false.

Also, you do realize that the Vampire Lord get's several pieces of equipment that make him better, yes? You do realizes that it matters not how much times a Werewolf can turn, because a Vampire Lord can turn as many times as he wishes to? You do realize that a Vampire Lord can summon two gargoyles if he really wanted to? You do realize that a Vampire Lord can just throw those wolves off a cliff, rendering their perks and such useless? I hope so.
Once again, WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT THE OTHER TWO WEREWOLVES. And super natural reflexes makes you as fast as the werewolf, one upper cut and he will beat you half way back to hell before you can stand up. It's no contest really, maybe without the other two werewolves it would be an epic fight but with them? Please, just forget about it.

The vampires have had a massive overhaul for the dlc and werewolves have haven't for example you don't get a lord werewolves or master werewolves it just seems stupid to me to put all the cool stuff on one side of the quest line and just add a couple others on an other

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Star Gazer

Which is awesome. I mean, a Vampire can go in and out of VL whenever they damn well please. A werewolf only lasts for a bit, and have to wait a day when they turn back. Plus, in my opinion, their powers pale in comparison to a VL's. Anyway, again, Vampires are now far superior to Werewolves, they had their glory, but sadly, their time in the limelight is past.
not if you have the ring of hircine. That thing is awesome!

Valyn

You know. I just realized something. Werewolves do kinda sorta appear in packs in Skyrim. I mean, with the new Perk Tree, you can call an additional Werewolf to help you, which means you know have Two Powerful Werewolves. Also, just two hours a go, I went head to head with 3 Werewolves, and I destroyed them, granted they did give a small challenge. So, i think I might rethink the whole pack thing.
I hope you realize that any character can kill any group of things. With my maxed out werewolf, i could kill 3 dragons at once, and could a VL.