• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
I think there are many NPC characters who are imposing, but the most imposing NPC has to be Neloth. Agree or not?

tumblr_mjaxxaP0ua1r6qglpo1_500.jpg

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Imposing you say no one in Skyrim is as Imposing as...The Courier sometimes I just run from him there is no way I will ever want that ugly mug standing next to me but in all seriousness if you actually lived in Tamriel (and I know A lot of people wish they did) it would most likley be 1 of the 3 main Bosses, Alduin who's very presence in the World is a sign of the End, Lord Harkon A Very powerful Vampire lord who wanted to blot out the Sun or Miraak who is just A Powerhungry yet very powerful Dragonborn who as Dragonborn would have most likely escaped Apocrypha and sooner or later would have ended up as a dark Emporer of Tamriel or something.

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
the most imposing NPC is the lil girl in whiterun who threatens to beat you......i shat myself when she said that

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I love Master Neloth! I remember when he took me to that dwarven ruin, Nchardak, to get the black book, I got attacked by 3 ash spawn, then a couple of bandits, then a damn Ancient Dragon. When I finally caught up to him, he turned around and looked at me, obviously exasperated, and said, "Come come! I thought you were in a hurry to get that black book!"

JoeReese

Imposing you say no one in Skyrim is as Imposing as...The Courier sometimes I just run from him there is no way I will ever want that ugly mug standing next to me but in all seriousness if you actually lived in Tamriel (and I know A lot of people wish they did) it would most likley be 1 of the 3 main Bosses, Alduin who's very presence in the World is a sign of the End, Lord Harkon A Very powerful Vampire lord who wanted to blot out the Sun or Miraak who is just A Powerhungry yet very powerful Dragonborn who as Dragonborn would have most likely escaped Apocrypha and sooner or later would have ended up as a dark Emporer of Tamriel or something.
Somehow we all knew you'd say that. :D

future-crystal-ball-308x188.jpg

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Ivory

Let's Player
I can't say who'd be the most imposing, but the ones that have intimidated me? Two NPCs

Kematu is one. Try taking him on at low levels with his warriors on expert or higher. I dare you. Every time I hear a story of people siding with Saadia, they always lure Kematu out because they will lose otherwise. Even solo he's dangerous as a briar heart that duel wields if they were lower level.

The second is Krev the skinner of the silver hand. Not as tough since Aela is with you, but without beast form, prepare for a hell of a fight.

As for the most imposing? Hands down I give it to Elenwen. She's an ex-Thalmor torturer who broke Ulfric Stormcloak during the Great War and is in charge with routing out Talos worshippers and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to stop her. Even if Skyrim was under control of the Stormcloak rebellion, it would not stop her power from sending in spies to cause havok among the Jarls. Realistically, not even the Dragonborn could touch her without the Empire being forced to take action against the Dovahkiin.

And to put it in perspective, Dragonborn are far from invincible or unstoppable. Even Tiber septim didn't dare challenge the Black Marsh's inner depths, knowing it would be suicide and Miraak, the first Dragonborn was defeated and needed a Daedric prince to save him.

Even dragons are not invincible. Durnahviir (I know misspelled), went to the Ideal Masters to become stronger and instead became a puppet for them to play with.

Nothing can touch Elenwen. Not without the wrath of the entire Thalmor and the forces of the Imperial Legion.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I can't say who'd be the most imposing, but the ones that have intimidated me? Two NPCs

Kematu is one. Try taking him on at low levels with his warriors on expert or higher. I dare you. Every time I hear a story of people siding with Saadia, they always lure Kematu out because they will lose otherwise. Even solo he's dangerous as a briar heart that duel wields if they were lower level.

The second is Krev the skinner of the silver hand. Not as tough since Aela is with you, but without beast form, prepare for a hell of a fight.

As for the most imposing? Hands down I give it to Elenwen. She's an ex-Thalmor torturer who broke Ulfric Stormcloak during the Great War and is in charge with routing out Talos worshippers and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to stop her. Even if Skyrim was under control of the Stormcloak rebellion, it would not stop her power from sending in spies to cause havok among the Jarls. Realistically, not even the Dragonborn could touch her without the Empire being forced to take action against the Dovahkiin.

And to put it in perspective, Dragonborn are far from invincible or unstoppable. Even Tiber septim didn't dare challenge the Black Marsh's inner depths, knowing it would be suicide and Miraak, the first Dragonborn was defeated and needed a Daedric prince to save him.

Even dragons are not invincible. Durnahviir (I know misspelled), went to the Ideal Masters to become stronger and instead became a puppet for them to play with.

Nothing can touch Elenwen. Not without the wrath of the entire Thalmor and the forces of the Imperial Legion.
Elenwen is killable by the player once the embassy party quest is complete, so she isn't untouchable but I do like your point

Ivory

Let's Player
Elenwen is killable by the player once the embassy party quest is complete, so she isn't untouchable but I do like your point

Indeed why I said nothing is invincible but she is very untouchable from a realistic standard than a game one. Who would dare kill such a high ranking official just to endure the threat of Thalmor and Imperial troops hunting you down? The Dragonborn becomes known for invading the Thalmor party and that does not and will not stop them from espionage attempts on the Dragonborn's life.

Rimfaxe96

I'm sure he appreciates a good trout and daedric boots as much as the next elf.

Don't forget the honey. ;)

Indeed. Sadly, what happens in Haelga doesn't stay in Haelga

I just wonder what kind of 'relationship' she and Brynjolf have cause she's got this within her dialogue lines:
I knew when we were married, this would come between us one day. I don't want to lose what we have, so I'll pay him gladly.

Wtf? If Brynjolf has her as a side piece while having an affair with Tonilia, I must say he's quite the ladykiller. Didn't expect that, either. :confused:

Elenwen. She's an ex-Thalmor torturer

Nope, not an ex-torturer. She's willing to lend a hand if need be and I guess she'll still take a few prisoners for herself if she's bored.

I dare you kill her. Seriously, I did it once and because of these incredibly creepy screams she makes I won't do it again.
While dealing with her I made this face the entire time:
thumb.gif