Questions No-one Bothers to Ask

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Necromis

At Helgen,why didn't the Imperials execute Ulfric first? Heck,why didn't they just kill him straight away when they managed to ambush him?
I think I have an answer for this one. I believe they wanted him to suffer watching his supporters die because of his actions.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
How does the economy of Lumbermills not utterly collapse the overall coinage lvl of Skyrim, and eventually Skyrim itself?

I'll illuminate....

Enter world at start of game. Procede to Riverwood, and chop wood for 12 hrs per day for two days. This allows sensible real world breaks for eating, plus an evening's drinking at the Giant, and a good night's sleep.

You make approx 5000 gold by doing this. Now procede to Whiterun and soon buy a nice little house in a good location.

Now lets scale up to today's real world. That house is consevatively going to cost £100,000...so chopping wood pays £50,000 per day! Therefore, why isn't eveyone a lumberjack? And who on earth does the mill owner get to pay them the several £100,000 + per day for wood.? But if eveyone sensibly opts to become a lumberjack, then everyone becomes a millionaire in under a month! And of course, then the whole economy completely collapses, as it's not profitable to be anything BUT a lumberjack....[see Douglas Adams- The Shoe Event Horizon]....

The mind truely boggles ;)

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
why is jumping the most effective way to climb a mountain?

Necromis

Here's another question that's been bugging me: when an NPC child is orphaned, why don't they move to Honorhall in Riften? Isn't that what the orphanage is for? Months after I murdered Alvor and Sigrid (midnight burglary gone wrong) their daughter is still hanging out in Riverwood.

While I'm on the subject of Skyrim kids, where the hell are the non-human munchkins? Do Khajiit, Argonians and the Mer just suddenly pop into existence full-grown?

And why are there no Bosmers or Khajiit available for marriage? My first character was a pretty tiger-stripped kitty looking for a furry boy-toy, only to find none...WHY? (She found Farkas instead...nummy! He and his brother are such fabulous eye-candy...)
Kairee, I would be happy to get with your tiger-stripped kitty. Though How did she strip? Was there a poll involved? Or was she a striped kitty? ;)

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
why is jumping the most effective way to climb a mountain?

Hmm, have wondered this myself. One would think there would be a more dignified way to traverse the heights of Skyrim than doing the bunny-hop...

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Kairee, I would be happy to get with your tiger-stripped kitty. Though How did she strip? Was there a poll involved? Or was she a striped kitty? ;)

LMAO! Oops. Forgot to spell-check myself. Definitely striped, not stripped. Though I'll admit she happily does a strip-tease for Farkas whenever he asks... :D

And I do believe you meant 'pole,' not 'poll.'

M'aiqaelF

if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Necromis

LMAO! Oops. Forgot to spell-check myself. Definitely striped, not stripped. Though I'll admit she happily does a strip-tease for Farkas whenever he asks... :D

And I do believe you meant 'pole,' not 'poll.'
LOL that was my intentional typo to be in sync with yours. But hey either way we got your stripped kitty and my poll. Sounds like a party. :p

FarmGirl

Work is really cutting into my gaming time.
How does EVERYONE in Skyrim know EVERYTHING I do? First I was a hero, then I was a sneak-thief, now they all know about my destruction magic.

Dovahlink69

Not the Dragonborn - A very naughty boy!
How does EVERYONE in Skyrim know EVERYTHING I do? First I was a hero, then I was a sneak-thief, now they all know about my destruction magic.
More importantly,why do all the Guards know I'm with the Dark Brotherhood and why do they worship Sithis?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Hmm, good question...a better question would be: If a tree falls in the forest and it lands on a bandit, does anyone care?

Adam Warlock

Why do you hear singing birds , woodpeckers , and owls but the only fowl you see are chickens and hawks ?

M'aiqaelF

More importantly,why do all the Guards know I'm with the Dark Brotherhood and why do they worship Sithis?
because you are the listener!

M'aiqaelF

do the kitteh people really need to wear clothing?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Why do you hear singing birds , woodpeckers , and owls but the only fowl you see are chickens and hawks ?

Probably easier to program just the sounds than to actually create the animals. I think they did a decent job of giving us an immersive environment. Kinda glad they didn't go for too much realism. Can you imagine if we had to deal with the less-than-savory aspects of life in a medieval society? Just imagine if Skyrim included things like this: You stay in a crummy-looking inn and lose ten health points for bed bugs bites, or you marry some guy you've known for four days and end up with permanent stamina loss due to syphilis...

Neriad13

Premium Member
Probably easier to program just the sounds than to actually create the animals. I think they did a decent job of giving us an immersive environment. Kinda glad they didn't go for too much realism. Can you imagine if we had to deal with the less-than-savory aspects of life in a medieval society? Just imagine if Skyrim included things like this: You stay in a crummy-looking inn and lose ten health points for bed bugs bites, or you marry some guy you've known for four days and end up with permanent stamina loss due to syphilis...

I'd play that - sounds hilarious.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts